Nita+Kit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, basically, I'm with you guys .

I'd really love to see Nita and Kit get together eventually, especially because I know DD has the talent as an author to make it work really well instead of letting it become anti-climactic or 'fluffy.'

I really love how they interact and, despite some bumpy points, I think they have a wonderful relationship and a solid partnership.

If only they'd both admit it's a bit more than that!
    Last edited by OsakaZuki25; September 4, 2010, 12:27:41 AM.

Comment

I dunno if I really want to see Nita and Kit together...I've always thought of them as "just friends".
      "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

Why am I so long-winded?

I was actually shocked to learn that Nita was 14 and Kit was 13 in W@W (bear with me for a minute). Not having realized their ages, and just having read thier interactions with each other and other characters, I put them around 16 and 15 respectively, though I could honestly say they wouldn't have made suspicious 18/17-years-olds (coming from one).

On to my actual point: Their actions seem a little less romantic to me when I think of them as younger (14/13). I was reading them as "older", and then I could really see it, and I was really hoping for something to happen soon. Now that I realize they're not even in high school yet, I'm more content to let the story play out and have them end up together 2-3 years down the line, possibly in one of the last books.

My final say though is, ABSOLUTELY YES! They're amazing together, as friends, partners, colleagues, you name it. I think of Ronan more as a plot device for Nita to grow up, than as a legitimate relationship. I like Kit so much better ;D

So yes. Absolutely. We know DD has the skill not to kill it but to just make it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai24 View Post
          I was actually shocked to learn that Nita was 14 and Kit was 13 in W@W (bear with me for a minute).
          Honestly, I have to say that while time is obviously fluid in Y!W universe, I definitely, definitely read it the way you do/did - with them at 16/15. Largely, it's because it's almost impossible for them to have done all of the things they've done in all of a year/two, and also because there have been eight books there's been tremendous emotional growth - the kind that you see when someone hits the middle of their teenaged years.

Now, I do totally and completely know that they're not meant to be that old, but I'll probably keep thinking of them that way, to be honest. XD They're mature enough (and dealing with enough issues, too!) that age, for me, is little but a number. Maturity wise, I'd put Nita as a Sophmore or Junior in high school, and Kit about a year behind her.

Comment

Dairi/Ro has got to be my favorite character duo of all time. The ship is simply made of awesome. Enough said xD
            "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

I really hope that Dairine finds Roshaun, because otherwise she will be really depressed. I'm really not that surprised at Nita + Kit's age, but that could be because that's around the age that I am anyway.
              Anyways, I think that Nita+Kit is adorable! I've wondered that since I started the series! It has been hinted in most of the books (I can think of High Wizardry, and Wizards's Dilemma, right off the bat.....)
              All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

They definitely need to admit that they are completely into each other. I used to think Kit/Nita was a kind of boring pairing, but once I thought about it, I had to admit that they are so, so perfect for each other.
                Actually, their relationship reminds me of something in The Wizard's Dilemma, when Nita is thinking about how her parent's friends joked that everyone knew that Nita's parents were together long before they themselves knew it. Let's hope that the same thing happens with K/N!

Comment

Ohmygosh, EbonyGirl, I totally agree with you!! I think it's gonna be exactly like that. And while it may be "in-your-face" foreshadowing... I still like it. =)

By the way, your siggy is awesome. As a fanbase as a whole... that really must be one of our favorite lines.

Ohmy. What if Fred came back and was like, "You two are not... a unit? I thought you already were?" And it could be after some like, really awkward moment where Nita and Kit realized they like each other. ^_^
                  ..................~*Wolf*~..................
                  AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
                  Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                    Ohmy. What if Fred came back and was like, "You two are not... a unit? I thought you already were?" And it could be after some like, really awkward moment where Nita and Kit realized they like each other. ^_^
                    Omg, yes! I'm a huge fan of awkward Nita/Kit moments. They're just so cute...

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                    By the way, your siggy is awesome. As a fanbase as a whole... that really must be one of our favorite lines.
                    Why, thank you. Ah, Fred, I miss you so...

Comment

Wizard of Mars anyone?

Has anyone read "A Wizard of Mars" yet? I think that book has ALL the hints towards Nita and Kit as humanly possible.

But, so not to spoil, let's focus on the previous books.

A lot of peoples arguments against them is that scene in "High Wizardry" where Nita freaked out about Kit and her getting to close. Think about it, it was the third book, and with the way the timeline flows they had just barely gotten to be such good friends. Factor in Nita's personality and you get the result = Too fast.

There are a lot of instances in all the books after that, but not to the point to reference them.

Then we get to "A Wizard at War". They were close, Kit was basically screaming "I'M JEALOUS OF RONAN!" Nita was thinking about Kit a lot more than normal.

Overall, they just work, there's no doubting that. They've been through so much with each other, and they no each other so well. And they wouldn't be boring either, just because of that,, because even though they know each other so well, even though they're super close, they can still surprise each other, and argue and fight. (<-----That was SUCH a run-on sentence!)

And yeah-------I thought they were AT LEAST 15/16. Besides, TWO summers passed right? "Deep Wizardry" and "A Wizard Abroad". So they should be, unless it all happened in one summer....

Okay. I'm done with my ridiculously long post now....

P.S. ----anyone else love Bobo?

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Like a lot of you, I thought of Kit ad Nita as a year or so older than they are. I know they are wizards and that factors in, but they seem very mature for their age. And every time a height reference is made, like how Nita noticed that Kit grew taller, I think, "Oh, so he has grown since the last book... so time has gone by...".

Anyway, I am a full-fledged Kit/Nita supporter, and have been since I first started reading the series. They aren't boring a a duo- they get along well, and their personalities and wizard abilities compliment each other. Any little hint of romance between them has fed spme sort of weird romance-hungry beast in me, leaving it satisfied. Well, more toward the end of the last book. Until then the creature growled. Hey, it's growling again- no, no wait. that's my stomach...

I just think that the couple must be approached very delicately. I would actually prefer them to consider their feelings more in the next book (10) with some subtle flirting. I think that would be enjoyable to read.

See, I'm a fanfiction reader (and writer...). No, this is not too off-topic XD.
                        Whenever characters get together in the fics, the reading can get dull. That romantic tension during a novel adds so much... exitement. I mean, I see it in regular novels as well- authors don't put the characters together until the very end, creating tension before then, a sort of anticipation to keep readers in. I know of few authors who can pull of an official couple that well (I find that Dean Kootz did a spectacular job with a husband and wife duo though).

It's just... we imagine the romance. We want it. But when we get all of it... what then?

Back to another point... I would like it if this was approached with care. I would also like it if the feelings were even said aloud, yet they didn't get together right away. I feel like until they get together, they can still have Aw-moments, like in aWoM,when Nita said life without Kit wasn't much of an option (claps hands and giggles)

Rest assured, I DO want it to happen, and despite what I have said, Duane is a talented author. Who knows what she'll do about this new posibility (well, not new, just finally acknowledged in the novels).

Oh, and yes, I adore Bobo (though I am a bit wary of him, but that's for another discussion!).
                        Last edited by Kathy Li; April 12, 2010, 11:49:33 PM. Reason: changed out the sandwich for actual spoiler tags.
                        ^(^.^)^

Comment

Title

A fully agree. But still, that scene in aWoM when Kit confronts Nita about........(not to give spoilers, but if you read the last page you should know what I mean) what she called him, was really, really cute!

Comment

i really think that everyone in these book should just stay friends. well, tom and carl might have already went past the friendship line....
                            "Four for you Glenn Cocoa, you go Glenn Cocoa!" : Damian Mean Girls

Comment

At first I loved the idea of Nita and Kit but now I'm kinda ambivalent on the subject.
                              I think Dairine and Roshaun are insanely funny and wonderful. Lollipops always make me smile now... In my opinion the next book should have more of D and her search for Ro. Or some sort of closure re: him.
                              Dai,
                              elz
                              I think I'll go ennoble some waffles.
                              -Nita

Comment

Working...
                              X