Milman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milman

I just finished reading the whole series again through wizard alone and was wondering if Milman reminded anyone else of the amadaun from Wizard Abroad or if it's just me.

Welcome to the boards! Yeah, I just finished reading those two books again, and you're right, he does sort of seem like the amadaun. Right, but a confusing right. Good, but a dangerous good.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

I'm sorry I do not have the book with me but what is an amadaun??????
      *Tries to look smart but instead achieves looking extremly stupid, not to mention puzzled.*

Sorry this is a short post but I was confused.

penfully yours,
      sehlinger

Not all that is gold glitters, not all who wander are lost.
      -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

Amadaun: remember in AWAB? The Sidhe, (I think that's what they're called, and I don't have the book, so I can't look it up) also called the people of the hills (?) have that um, being? that is with the Queen called The Fool, or the amadaun. He reminds me of Millman, or Millman reminds me of the Fool. That's all. Oh yeah, and as a courtesey to other forum members, we all try to use capitals and proper punctuation in posts. Just a warning, because otherwise an older member will berate you about it...I'm not an older member, so I can't berate yet.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

I'm sorry I was in a hurry and I will try to be better about that. Thanks for the information, I will find my copy and have a look, it is not in reach at the moment though.

sehlinger
          -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

That's really interesting; I never connected Millman to the Amadaun.
            I think/thought that either Millman IS a wizard, knew a wizard (spouse? Child?), or he knew the Speech but wasn't a wizard. ("Are you on errantry?" "No, but I know some people who are.")
            Ha, wouldn't it be funny if Tom and Carl had assigned Millman to assist Nita? Because they knew what was happening with her?
            I'm crying cuz things aren't how
            they used to be
            she said,
            "The battle's almost won
            and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

Ankaa wrote:
              I think/thought that either Millman IS a wizard, knew a wizard (spouse? Child?), or he knew the Speech but wasn't a wizard. ("Are you on errantry?" "No, but I know some people who are.")
              that seems to make a lot of sense to me because he didn't seem too surprised that Nita was a wizard.
              However, Milman being an Amadaun is not easy to decide, given that we only know he is Nita's counseler, is pretty cool for a counseler, and didn't seen too surprised about Nita's wizardry. *raises eyebrow at the last...urm...definition?*

but, as i recall, the Throne is empty... where is the King/Queen being?
              just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Working...
              X