No announcement yet.

What happened to / with Joanne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends. Why is Joanne the way she is? If she's a psychopath and actually physically incapable of feelings such as empathy or guilt, then no, she'll never change. If she is mentally normal, however, I say there's hope. A slim hope, but hope nonetheless.

Comment

Well, I highly doubt that she's psychopathic. She seems a bit more in the vein of a normal school bully to me... she does seem very unlikely to change, but I am in favour of the don't-be-so-negative point of view. The less you expect someone to change, the less likely they are to change... give someone an oppotunity to be nice, and they actually will take it, a lot of the time. Mind you, Nita offered that to Joanne. She didn't take it, so that's perhaps an indicator of general probabilities.
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

But the point is, Why in the world would Joanne of all people want to help protect the planet!!!????? I can't see any reason why.

3 more days of school, La La La la La La La!!!!

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

On the ither hand, you aren't in a position to know all her motivations, or influences, or how she's likely to change, or even what sort of person she really is- under the bully, I mean. For all we know, she could secretly hate the person she pretends to be, and desperately want to change.

Ok, so it's not likely. My point is, we can't really know. I think it's unlikely we'll ever see her again, but without knowing everything about Joanne, we really can't make a value judgement. And as Tom said, (or something like it. This is more a paraphrase since I don't have Alone...) we can't make a judgement on who will be a better wizard or who will be better at solving a problem- we simply don't know enough. Like Darryl- "if he's the answer, what's the question?"
          Ka Kite
          Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Well yea but, I mean, grr. She's a bully!!!! I mean. Oh I give up!! Maybe we should just leave this to DD.

*Agent~M*
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "I could live

Comment

Bird head is right. What if... She turned out to be Millman's daughter or niece, someone in her family was a wizard before or after Nita but didn't tell the family until now, OR has known about Nita's powers all along and Really pushed her into becoming a wizard on purpose Because She was really a Power that Be... * gasps heard from all around *

-IV-
              Ipha
              -IV-
              Ipha
              Dai Stihò

Comment

I suspect that tha't s bit far afield... can you imagine a Power contributing to entropy in the way that Joanne was? Sure, humans can change, but that's becasue we're fallible- so are the Powers, but less than we are.
                But still... I think the related-to-Millman idea's funny. Actually, you could pass of a whole lot of stupid/funny/silly plot ideas as connecting to Millman...
                There's a question. Are we going to hear more about Millman? (other than side mentions such as we've had in the excerpt so far.) Now that I'd like to know.
                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

I hope so. He's cool. Too cool for Joanne to be related to him.

SCHOOLS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

*Agent~M*
                  "I could live

Comment

I too doubt that she would be a Power that Be, but you never know. You have a good point about Millman though. He is a good character and the possible source for Endless sidestories and major happenings.

-IV-
                    Ipha
                    -IV-
                    Ipha
                    Dai Stihò

Comment

Working...
                    X