No announcement yet.

New non-human wizards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think most probably. Equines in general are fairly intellegent, and undoubtably smarter than birds. That would be an interesting story...I think i'll go write something

Go well in peace,
    Esthanya Lynni O'Lanan
    Go well in peace,
    Esthanya Lynni O'Lanan

Comment

Dragging up a topic almost a year old -- I have to disagree with Rysade. I see faith specifically as certainty without proof.

I'm no agnostic. I know that there is a God. There's a lot about Him I don't know, but I know without a doubt that he exists. I can't prove it. I can't even give you hard evidence. And as far as I'm concerned, other people are fully entitled to their opinions. I just know I am right -- not in a condescending or self-righteous way, just in a sure way. To me, that's what faith is.

However, to all those who said people had tried to convert them too many times -- you have me sympathy. I consider myself a strong Christian, and evangelism annoys me! I just fail to understand the attitude that aggressiely tries to convert people, particularly using fear as a tactic (don't get me started on the "Fires of Hell" approach). I have no problem with people who simply spread the word -- that is, tell others about their faiths. But all this "Repent now!" stuff.... Nonono. Faith is a personal thing, and must be reached individually. Trying to convert people is helping no one.

Just my take.

Comment

Oh, I hadn't yet caught on to the multiple page thing when I made that post, so I didn't know we'd declared religious discussion closed. My apologies.

It's been a while since I've been through the series (and I have yet to get to anything past A Wizard Abroad in Young Wizards), but I'd tend to agree with the consensus that anything that can communicate has the potential to become a wizard.

Comment

It's ok. It was nice to finally have my name off that post for a while. I pretty much lurk around the feline stuff, so you won't see me anywhere else.
          Go well in peace,
          Esthanya Lynni O'Lanan

Comment

Working...
          X