Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading more science to help understand YW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading more science to help understand YW?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that they need to do some extra reading in order to understand these books...
    I started reading A Brief History of Time so that I could understand all of the physics discussed in these books...
    In addition, everytime a I discover a new random fact I keep thinking "I think I read something like that in a Young Wizards book..."

Am I going crazy?

Hillary Wan Kenobi
    The first-ever Jedi Ewok
    And proud of it...
    A physics geek
    And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that they need to do some extra reading in order to understand these books...
    I started reading A Brief History of Time so that I could understand all of the physics discussed in these books...
    In addition, everytime a I discover a new random fact I keep thinking "I think I read something like that in a Young Wizards book..."

Am I going crazy?

Hillary Wan Kenobi
    The first-ever Jedi Ewok
    And proud of it...
    A physics geek
    And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Well, in terms of science, that's why they're fantastic, because the science in them tends to be really good- great for physics actually... and if you don't get some of the book bits, there tends to be someone floating around here who can explain if you ask nicely!!

And as for the random facts... that's why books, in general, are good. Painless facts, in fact, facts for pleasure- that's what I call a good deal.
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

-IV-
        Ipha
        Dai Stihò

Comment

Working...
        X