Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samehl:
    PS I always thought of nita as dark haired, don't know why though
    Sam, you're right, Nita is dark-haired, for on the last page of the chapter "Major Wizardries" they are described as
    A dark-haired girl, maybe thirteen, wearing jeans and a shirt and a down vest; a dark-haired boy, small and a touch stocky, also in jeans and parka, twelve years old or so.
    This is what initially led me to believe that Nita was black-haired, because she and Kit are both described as dark-haired in the same sentence, but then in the afterword to the 20th Anniversary Edition, DD says that a girl with "dark-blonde hair" was "exactly what she [Nita] looks like," so, go figure.

As for the blonde stereotype, let me just say that one of the best professors at my uni in the math department whom I've known for quite some time is a blonde. He's an excellent instructor, and it seems like he's pretty good when in comes to research math (his field of expertise is algebraic geometry for anyone interested), so just remember, judge people individually, because sterotypes are never true .

And since we're on the topic of tall, dark, and/or handsome men, curiously enough, the blonde math professor I just spoke about is somewhat like the hollywood star for the math department, with a lot of girls signing up for his classes for his looks rather than the subject material...
    ---------------------------
    "The law of entropy is just a complicated way of explaining why some things don't happen very often."
    -Norman Christ, Professor of Physics, Columbia University (Does the Lone One know this? :P)

Comment

You know when I clicked on this, I totally thought you were talking about real life and I thought to myself. "She's seen a lot of tall, dark, and/or handsome men? I haven't seen any! Where does she live??" lol I'm pretty silly huh? BTW I never noticed about that though. I didn't really put too much thought into it. I guess I really should be more observant.
      I'm a happy person. Do you know why? Because happiness is an excuse everyone understands. Life is full of surprises, but happy people takes them in stride.

Comment

Working...
      X