How come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come?

I was listening to High Wizardry on my ipod and discovered that Carl has a real "new yorker" accent but no one in Nita's family does. Anyone know why?
    Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
    Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
    iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

Probably because Diane Duane herself doesn't have a Bronx accent but knows plenty of people who do. [grin] In real life, there are folks who've lived all their lives in New York City who don't have a heavy Bronx accent.

I'm a Southern Californian, but I don't walk around sounding like Keanu Reeves in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Oh okay that makes sense. Thanks!
      Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
      Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
      iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

Comment

*wonders if you'll ever get the hang of one liners* my dad's from new york, and so's my mom...they don't have much of an accent, and i only do with a few words. (but that may be cause i was born in california. :P) but yeah...new york accent doesn't seem to be as big as it's seen in the movies.
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

On the topic of accents ...
          Christina Moore is really good at them. In AWAb, she has to do a bunch, and I mean a bunch of Irish accents, and not all of them are the same. She's great.
          Meow! ... care for some lore?
          WoW

Comment

Working...
          X