Ghost Story Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Story Ideas?

For an English project I have to write a ghost story and I've started on one but it doesn't seem like it's going in the direction I want it to and I don't know how to fix it. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a ghost story that I can use?

My project isn't due til like mid October near Halloween.

I'd really appreciate the help!
    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

What type of ghost story? Like a funny one ( ), or a "OMG!!!! *runs away screaming*" terrifying thing? ( )

I'm not good at writing ghost stories, I'm afraid.

But I might be able to help with ideas...I dunno...
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

What type of ghost story? Like a funny one, or a "OMG!!!! *runs away screaming*" terrifying thing?
      "OMG" *runs away screaming* terrifying thing. Hahaha. Any form of help would be great.

Thanks!!!
      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

Ummm... I'm not an expert with ghost stories, but many of the ones I've heard/read include:
        (a) deformities from birth or something caused by a ghost on characters, (b) a ghost that died a really awful way turning up, (c) skulls, bones, etc., (d) inanimate (if anything can be thought of as "inanimate" when you add wizardry...) objects coming to life, and (e) lots of suspenseful moments, if you read at a steady pace, not at 100 miles an hour, like I do. You might want to include some of these, or you can be creative, and think outside the box.
        "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Another option is to research ghosts from other cultures. For example, there are some terrifying stories about ghosts from Malaysia. There's also the Japanese Obon festival or the Hungry Ghosts festival in Malaysia (and possibly other East Asian countries - I'm not sure). Do some poking around the internet.

Comment

Thanks for your guys' help. I'm going to try to form an idea around these ideas... If that made any sense. Haha.

I love writing horror, it's just hard thinking of the beginning when you already know the end!

Comment

Just another random thing that you probably won't add, because you said you chose the other peoples':

This freak (ok, he's nice actually) taught bible class at my church, and had a video of a bunch of people in Haiti. He did a lesson on Haitian Voodoo (Vodou, technically), and showed how the people became "possessed" by the 'Gods' that they had.

Some of the 'Gods' were weird, and there was a bunch of mythology about some of them being zombies.

The video of a possesed woman scared the heck out of an entire class of high-schoolers...it was really scary...

That was kinda random, sorry.
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I actually saw something like that, but it wasn't in Haiti. It was like... China? They get tattoos of their "spirit animals" and then during the ceremony (it's an annual thing) they become possessed as their animal. It was a National Geographic thing on Taboos, and it was a Tattoo Taboo.

Cool thing though... Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X