No announcement yet.

Fanfics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have recurring dreams about a cat named TC (for "Tunnel Cat") that can burrow through a building's plumbing and heating pipes and cause shenanigans against my no-pets landlord. Sometimes he can talk but he's always a jerk when he does. (example: "Can you follow directions, Jacq? Okay, go down there and turn left at STFU") Ah well.

I've written a short-story or two about him, so I guess that counts?
    I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

Yeah! I mean, a dreamed of a white ferret that had wings and a patch of brown octopus tentacles named Gwen. She keeps coming into my stories somehow...
      "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

...What happened to the fanfiction? Ummm.... This looks like it's suddenly gone off-topic. Or were you talking about characters fromfanfiction? Hmm...

Back on topic (if it wasn't already):

I am sad, because I haven't been able to update my fanfics in a while... :'( My computer is still in tech support, all the way in Texas; but I'm getting back home on Tuesday, so I hope the computer gets back around then. That way, I can get to writing that fanfic, and hopefully update within the next... month...
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

It's on topic. The people I mentioned are originally from fanfiction, although the ferret isn't....
          "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

Heyy.... is it me or is FanFiction.net acting a little weird lately? I've been trying to log on so I can update my story... but it won't let me log in!!! It keeps saying it's having technical difficulties and to try again in a few minutes. Well, it's been more than a few minutes I'll tell you that. Try, three days? It's the same for FictionPress.com...

Is this happening to anyone else? Please say yes!

Back on topicish. I'm losing steam on my Beautiful Disaster story... kk you know which one I'm talking about, gotta get some more ideas so I can finish that one and go onto the sequel. The sequel was the plot line I was originally going to write about... but then this story took a different train. Haha.

EDIT: Nevermind... it's working now. Haha. Finally got my story updated.
            Last edited by Emi; February 25, 2009, 11:49:15 PM. Reason: Circumstances changed.
            Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
            Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
            It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
            Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Originally posted by Jacq View Post
              The closest I've come to fanfic in the last few years is hosting theme-based Mafia/Vampire* games. My next turn to host is in a few weeks and I'm doing a Young Wizards theme...
              Well, the game is over. Here is the link if anybody wants to take a look :3

Vampie 46: Avedictory
              The above is a link to something bordering on FANFICTION. It uses DD's YW themes and ideas without permission. Don't click, DD!
              Also it's probably rated somewhere around the PG-13 mark because people die and stuff.
              I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

I love reading fanfiction, though there's a lot of junk to get through before you find the good stuff. The worst is when people try to write romance, choose an overdone pairing (NitaKit for example), and write something completely untrue to the characters with no substance. I also love parody, so it bugs me when people don't understand what it is and try to write it. They seem to think making people act completely out of character counts. I write some fanfiction, but haven't posted anything. Most of it isn't even real stories, just playing with the characters.
                -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

i like fanfics haven't read any yw ones but i like to write them too but not YW i read them like everyday though

Comment

I love writing fanfiction. I don't consider it as using training wheels either - I also have heavy experience writing original roleplaying play-by-post material, and sometimes writing fanfic can be more difficult, if you're really dedicated to getting the characters pinned down to make your characterisation consistent with the original canon, and any fanfic writer worth their salt ought to be that, to a point.

It vaguely amuses me to be writing this post here, because the name of my writing domain (fiction, fanfiction & poetry) is JoyUnending.net - a quote from Deep Wizardry, of course, though I did slightly misquote it in the site's header.

Anyway, Birdhead and I co-run the Myriad Words YW (though sometimes it drifts to generally DD's work whatever it is) fanfiction community on LiveJournal (and Dreamwidth), and both she and I have written quite a bit of fanfiction for it. I also posted a story in the Stealing the Elf-King's Roses 'verse pretty recently.

Oh... and, well, I'll be honest. I would love to see someone write Dairine/Carmela fic. Now that I've thoroughly outed myself as far as pairing kinks go, I'll just go hide now, shall I? *G*
                    Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

I've never actually posted my YW fanfics, mainly because I've never gotten past the first few chapters. My main fanfic substance is from teh Star Wars universe, cause there's so much room to run with stuff. But YW has been sparking some pretty interesting things lately, especially Ponch's story of the Canine Choice. So I've been running with that for a little bit. For me fanfic is a way to empty my head of the ideas that will never ever work. I just scribble them on a piece of paper and forget about them sometimes. The ones I'm serious about I type, and I have some 20 or so of those. But my originals have finally been edging up in the count, took them long enough.
                      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
                      "Oh. So...what, you liked it 'cause it was shiny?" - Logan Cale
                      "I'm sixteen. Of course I'm hungry." - Ben Skywalker

Comment

I am... being nagged by a terribly persistent YW/Sanctuary crossover plot bunny. Any of you seen that show? Really good stuff.

Comment

I haven't found a good place to make a fanfic for YW. I think if I do one it'll be based on an original character within the universe. There is no real space for fanfics of the main characters based on the stories.

I have written or am writing a few fanfics based on the Narnia and HP series. I wrote a final ending of the Deathly Hallows that included the reunion of Harry and Ginny. I am also doing a fanfic for the Narnia series that takes place one year after the four children were coronated in Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe. It deals with two children who appear and befriend a vacationing Lucy and Tumnus.

I am also trying to make a crossover where Lucy goes to Hogwarts (during the 1940s).

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by anotherBob View Post
                            There is no real space for fanfics of the main characters based on the stories.
                            Of course there is. There's plenty of space. It just depends on what kind of fanfiction you want to write.

Comment

Just remember, don't write it here. :-) Fanfiction.net works nicely....
                              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Working...
                              X