No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya 96! *has been lurking* Happy Winter Solstice to you too!

About the lunar eclipse- I KNOW. And it is pouring rain, so I can't see it! *shakes fist at the heavens* Have some respect for lunar events! You'll have to describe how it looks and I'll just imagine it. *sniff*

So how is your holiday season? Going well?

Comment

• Happy Solstice to all of you! Blessed be. My Earth Spirit group had a lovely Yule celebration last week, wassailing and mince pies and holly
      Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Happy Solstice and waes haeil to you, Tria! Wassailing sounds like a lot of fun; I'd like to try it sometime.

What do mince pies taste like? Are they like stew on the inside? I've always thought of them that way. ^.^

Comment

• Originally posted by SilveredBlue View Post
          Happy Solstice and waes haeil to you, Tria! Wassailing sounds like a lot of fun; I'd like to try it sometime.

What do mince pies taste like? Are they like stew on the inside? I've always thought of them that way. ^.^
          It is!

Oh, no, not at all! It's fruit - mincemeat, not minced meat. Chopped dried fruit and spices, softened citrus peel, candied fruits, in sweet pastry.
          Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Just thought I'd mention something fun: I got both SYWTBAW and Omnitopia Dawn as Christmas gifts this year! So happy!

Happy almost-New-Year!

Comment

• Just thought I'd drop in and say a belated happy holidays and an advance happy new year.

Regarding the eclipse... wish I had known about it before it happened!
              Last edited by EricG1793; December 30, 2010, 09:24:34 PM.
              "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Happy New Year!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazy Leopard View Post
                  Now I could really use a few weeks of tropical warmth...
                  ...and I did manage to escape, the day before the pre-Christmas snow closed Heathrow Airport, and had a great three weeks in Kenya, including three nights at oy's Camp in the Shaba Reserve, and, the following weekend, the wedding of my father's youngest goddaughter. I also got to spend time with my brother's and sister's families, and catch up with a few old friends along the way. Now I'm back in wet windy old England...
                  -- Rick.

Comment

• I dropped by because I wanted to share with the world that my wife bought be AWoM for Valentine's... although I've now found out that TBM has finished (yay!) and that there's at least one other Brit on the forums (Hi Lazy Leonard! My mother was born in Orpington). (Which also got me thinkign abot the late Peter Murray)
                    Oh, and I also realised that last I visited these forums was before I was married... odd.
                    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Congratulations. Now, the question that first occurs to me is "Did your wife read AWoM before she gave it to you?"

Originally posted by Wilf View Post
                      (Hi Lazy Leopard! My mother was born in Orpington). (Which also got me thinkign abot the late Peter Murray)
                      Back in the eighties, when I first met Peter, he was living about here and I was living near here. We were both working somewhere here.

Edit: Well, come to think of it, I was renting a room rather nearer work to begin with, 'cos I couldn't get the house until I'd been working long enough to get a mortgage... (Ah, the days when a newly graduated worker could afford a mortgage... Back then a house round here only cost about six times a new graduate's starting salary. These days it's nearer twenty times...).
                      Last edited by Lazy Leopard; February 17, 2011, 06:39:07 PM.
                      -- Rick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazy Leopard View Post
                        Congratulations. Now, the question that first occurs to me is "Did your wife read AWoM before she gave it to you?"
                        Given the timeframe involved, I don't think so. Besides, she regards it as cheating, so she generally doesn't. (Which means I can't when I give her the book, even if I want to...)

Sorry for getting your name wrong... I have no idea why it came out as Leonard rather Leopard. Posted in too much a hurry, methinks.
                        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Originally posted by Wilf View Post
                          Given the timeframe involved, I don't think so. Besides, she regards it as cheating, so she generally doesn't. (Which means I can't when I give her the book, even if I want to...)
                          Awww I guess she gets to read it afterwards, then...

Originally posted by Wilf View Post
                          Sorry for getting your name wrong... I have no idea why it came out as Leonard rather Leopard. Posted in too much a hurry, methinks.
                          Quick, blame it on your spelling checker, or something. ( Seriously, no worries. )
                          -- Rick.

Comment

• Just because I feel like it...

same deal as the earlier one, only now I'm using Mathmap & the Gimp on Windows XP in a virtual machine in Parallels because Mathmap Cocoa crashes every time I load a script now that I've upgraded my MacBook to Snow Leopard. (sigh).
                            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Hey guys! long time no post, here or anywhere on the forum for that matter. Hopefully I'll get back in the habit of posting and lurking around here still.

How have you guys been? and anybody remember me still? XD
                              ---------------------------------------
                              YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                              "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

• I remember you! In fact, I just saw you a few weeks ago! How cool is that? We met here and now we're friends in real life. The internet is so cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X