Who Do You Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Do You Prefer?

That's awesome. I just (and I mean just)finished Twilight, and I'm addicted. And I want to ask a question... I believe lots of people have been asking.... who do you like better? Edward, or Jacob? For me it's a tie. I like Jake's innocence ( it's kinda funny), but Edward is just so romantic!

Alice is my favourite person overall.
    "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

I totally understand where you are coming form willowtree. Alice is one of my favorite; she is so quirky!
    I always kinda liked Jacob more... and I have a reason. (Note: I also like Edward, but he was always so concerned with what was best for Bella, he hardly even considered what Bella wanted, or thought was best for herself.) I have always been the kind to prefer to be friends first, and build upon that, and that is what Bella and Jacob had. With Edward, it was a whirlwind "life or death" (literally) kind of romance, which is nice too, but I have a soft spot for the best friend. My cousin likes Jake best because, quite frankly, she hates Edward (a big shock to everyone she tells). She finds him controlling and manipulative and selfish, and she used many more words that I don't care to repeat. I was surprised. She seemed like one of those girls who would go around saying how they will marry Edward someday... which I find awkward in conversations because I have no idea how to respond to that.
    Plus, as you pointed out, Jake and Bella have that same offbeat humor, and while Edward isn't unfunny, he just doesn't quite understand (which is understandable, I mean he hasn't been human in decades! lol).
    I was one (possibly of the few) who would be content with whomever Bella chose, because both guys were right for her, each in their own way.

Also, I was wondering if this would be better in its own thread possibly? Not the "Who would win?" thread, but maybe another, like "Who would you prefer?" or "Who do you think Bella should have chosen?" It's fine here, but I think that many others would be able to chime in with their own opinions if it was easier to find in the threads.

Comment

You are very right in a lot of things, illiriam. Although I don't think Edward is selfish.

He does just do whatever he thinks is better, and doesn't really care what she thinks (except he thinks they shouldn't be friends... oh well. He's going to hell anyway ). And I (mostly) think Bella should choose whomever she wants. Jacob... I think I need to know more about him before I totally approve. I think she goes with Edward, though, because I'm pretty sure my brother said she becomes a vampire sometime. And it would be very hard to go with Jake because it would be her first or second year and I don't think she could take it.

And we should make a new thread 'Who Do You Like?'.

Comment

Who Do You Prefer?

So, this is basically just what it sounds like....
        Do you like Jacob, or Edward, or are you a fan of both?
        This started out as a passing comment that we realized should be a thread so that all fans of Bella's boys could get their say in who she should have chosen.

If possible, try to explain your reasoning. We all can grow tired of just hearing "I LOVE EDWARD!" and would prefer to know just what you love about our favorite vampire.

This is how the conversation started in another thread. :]

[quotes removed now that the posts have been moved into this thread. --kli].

And now you are up to date, and please chime in with your opinions!
        Last edited by Kathy Li; April 6, 2009, 06:53:02 PM. Reason: removed quotes since I moved posts into the thread proper.

Comment

as an add on, (three months and lots of thinking and chatting with my friends who have also read twilight later) I think I like Edward better. one of my friends agree with me and another loves jacob... so I have heard reasons from both sides. after being in his head, I didn't really like him as much. and that forced kiss and manipulating Bella... he seems bad. and edward... he tried to kill himself because he thought bella was dead! and he was willing to accept jacob because it would make her happy... that's so sweet! anyway, jacob gets renesmee. so it all works out.

p.s. who is excited for the movie?!?!

Comment

Aha, a non-confronting thread. I have a Twilight thread on another forum that I've been arguing on with a single member for months. Soooo tiresome. Preferring is so much better.

Well, sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I think both Edward and Jacob can be jerks in their own way. Edward can be controlling, dangerous, and obsessive; Jake can be rude, hurtful, and hot tempered. The list could go on and on. Of course, there are also the good sides, like that Edward is polite and romantic, Jake funny and caring. My theory is that Stephanie didn't know what she was getting in to when she wrote such well matched characters. Anyone could argue successfully either way, or love both, or hate both, which has basically caused a war of readers.

Willowtree: I am excited too! Of course, I plan on going with a fellow bookworm and ranting my way through the whole thing, but I will enjoy that enormously. One of the drawbacks to New Moon though, is that there isn't much of Alice til the very end. (Yes, I love Alice too.)
            "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Well, for me, I don't dislike either. I'm not hasty to choose Edward but I still don't think that Jake has any right. For some reason I just get angry at the idea of him moving in on Bella despite knowing she was in love with Edward. I mean, it had been established that they were pretty much head over heels in the first book. Jake, I think, was more of a complication to their love (?), though it was a pretty shocking and heart-wrenching complication. But, it would have made her seem pretty fickle to suddenly chose the other guy after the whole thing with the first.
              It does make me sad though. Absolutely no offense was meant to Jake, I really liked him. He was cute. (Though sometimes a little forceful.) And Bella's life would have been much happier and fuller (well, no duh, she turned into a vampire! or so I've heard...) if she had been with him. But she chose to be with Edward. And their relationship has quite the ups and downs itself. (Reward for understatement. XD)

Comment

zirsta: I agree. Edward and Jacob can be idiots, but mostly the make up for it... then do it all over again. and I am going to see the movie with my friend who is reading BD right now...
                LilyOfTheValley: I used to like both of them a lot, but now i have a preference. the only book I have (I borrowed the rest of them from a friend) is eclipse, where edward is shown as the good guy. And I don't really like Jake's head in BD...

Comment

Working...
                X