Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (No spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (No spoilers)

The new Harry Potter movie came out today and I saw it! I think it was the best one yet. I won't go into detail about what happened, for all of you out there that haven't seen it, but it was much more shadowed than the others. More emotional, too. It focused less on the magic of Hogwarts and the everyday classes, and was made up of big, important events. I was dissapointed because they hardly spent any time at all on the Quiditch World Cup at all and that took up a lot of the book. It still was a great movie and I recommend it to all of you. The graveyard scene with Lord Voldemort will really scare you out of your pants!
    Edited to change the parens in the thread title to "no spoilers"--kli

Saw the movie yesterday too...I thought it was better than the third one, worse than the first, and equal to the second. Did I confuse you with that?

I liked it a lot, despite the weird comparison above. There's not a scene where you can get up to take a bathroom break, you'll miss too much. Trust me. The graveyard scene...wasn't that scary. I was expecting something more, based on all the hype on HP fansites that it was scary...I suppose it could be scary for younger kids...but it just wasn't scary for me. And Voldemort? Umm...I guess it depends again on your age; I know for a fact that my younger brother was scared out of his pants by him...

Also, Voldemort's voice just didn't do it for me. Not scary enough...I have this voice in my head that I've thought of as Voldemort's for years, ever since the book came out, and the voice in the movie was nothing even close to it.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

I loved it. The tone was exactly right, and they made a very simple decision on how to streamline the story down to what they needed, which, while not as good as reading the book, definitely helped keep the story on track and moving like greased lightening.

I also loved all the humor and the physical cartoonyness some of the characters had (Filch's running into the Great Hall was terrific). And I loved the graveyard scene, so different squids for different kids.

I'm also happy that I now know what the new Doctor Who would look like as a bad guy.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

IM going to see if my dad or my bro in-law will take me.Actualy i can get in by my self now. YAY!!!!!
        The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
        DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

sadness... why can't I stay away from topics like this? curiosity killed the cat and such. HP4 doesn't come out in Aus for another week. Lion_ess and I have tickets to the first session on the IMAX screen in Brisbane (which is now sold out ) and we're making plans to congregate at someone's house next wednesday night and watch the other three.

I can't wait to see David Tennant as a bad guy. He's an awesome actor . Hey, Kathy, I have heard rumours that he's using his actual scottish accent, (i know this may be considered slightly spoilerish, but..) is this true?

Comment

alla wrote:
            Hey, Kathy, I have heard rumours that he's using his actual scottish accent, (i know this may be considered slightly spoilerish, but..) is this true?
            No idea. But there's apparently a short that's set between the two series that might answer your question.

Oh, you meant in GoF, not Doctor Who. Yes, he did.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Cheers Kathy!

I've seen the short maaany times. Sadness that he isn't using it in Doctor Who... oh well.

He does in GoF? tteerriiiiffiicccc (sorry... Charlotte's Web just popped inot my head for some reason... ). My poor friends are going to have to put up with me *squee*ing XD

Alla

Comment

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!MY dad said we can go see gof ether fri or sat!!!IM SOOOO HAPPY!!!!
                DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm depressed because I saw it, but due to the person I was sitting next to, I remember almost none of it. I completely blanked out for all of Harry Potter. How sad is that?
                  The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                  I promise not to funfun anymore
                  Be happy cause life is good

Comment

I SAW IT TODAY!!!!!!!IM going to post in spoiler forum.

Comment

I've seen it twice...opening day and wed.
                      I liked it and yet I was somewhat dissapointed.
                      Just my luck, they ran out of cookies again!

I have a demon cat that was spawned from Satan.

Comment

Working...
                      X