Relocated: More Potter Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocated: More Potter Discussion

Now I feel all evil-like. Sorry DD-- um, I suppose you couldn't think of it as flattery, could you?

Um, as off-topic as it is (well, sorta), I have to say that I really can diss Columbus for his directing as much as I want, thanks (though I am happy he stuck with the project and has a good amount of passion for the material). The first two movies, well they were good because they were Harry Potter, but other than that...BO-RING! Sorry, that's just what I thought.

As for the third one, well, that one's very...don't get me started (I think I need a blog so I can rant about stuff like this-- in this case rant about how awesome it was, of course).

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Just as I said, coming out of the theater: "Well. Now I can criticize the first two movies and nobody will be upset with me! yay!"

Comment

That's it exactly Rysade!

*laugh* That's the best way to put it that I've heard yet. Well, actually, I was criticizing them before it came out, much to the dismay of my family. They thought I was a diehard fan of the movies or something. Psshaw (well, I was until I realized that I could only watch the second one about...twice.)

Comment

i can watch the first two, but not the third one.... the new guy is NOT a good dumbledore. well, he's good, but he's nowhere NEAR as good a :: sniff:: richard harris was. :: tear::

vv
        PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
        Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

hmm. Richard Harris seemed too (ehm) ancient to me (erg). He was really shaky-voiced, sort of. Had the air of one about to die throughout the first two films, which bothered me to no end, because I'm sure they mention that Dumbledore has a big, resonant deep voice at least once in the books. I mean, come now. He's supposed to be this great big wonderful wizard who everyone looks to for protection. I dunno about you, but I wouldn't be running to Richard Harris for protection...

Comment

Folks,
            The following messages have been relocated from the Forum Admin messages area.

Enjoy...
            -- DD

Comment

iI like the dumbledore in the first 2 movies better then the dumbledore in poa
              Thomas Hildebrandt

Comment

I much prefer the third movie over the others. New Dumbledore (can't remember his name...) is good, but so was Richard Harris. Dumbledore is a really hard character to capture.

I liked the third movie a lot better because of the basic format. Even though some things were a little weird (the werewolf looked more like an ape) I think the third movie captured the general feel of the books better than the first two movies did. I personally felt that Buckbeak was awesome.
                *Ella*
                "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                What could mean more than this?"
                --Bright Eyes

Comment

I thought the new Prof D was a great actor and he was brave to make his own version of Prof D, BUT I really think that Richard Harris was the better of the two. I thought the new guy was not tall enough and his speech was funny! But the Buckbeak bit was GREAT!! i thought better than the book!! But the Dementours were ALL WRONG!!! Who was the idiot that thought thoses up! they got it right but the flying bit really ruiened it!! and the spell!!! I want to hit the person that did that!! I was to look like smoke then the smoke becomes the anti-dementor and charges! this idiot had it standing there and then a shock wave thing!! what rubbish!!
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

The only problem that i found with the third HP movie was that they cut the quidditch match. This is the only book where Harry is not trying to directly defeat voldemort, and where Griffindor winning the quidditch cup is pretty much the first climax of the story, and they CUT IT OUT!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... not to mention that this meant sean biggerstaff wasn't in it .
                    I'll look foward to the next one - as long as it is as long as ROTK or two movies... and if they leave out the quidditch world cup i will scream...

Comment

Working...
                    X