Eragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eragon

has anyone read these books, or others in the series? if so, please discuss them with me! i'd really like ot...the eragon forums have fallen silent in recent times...
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

I've read Eragon and loved it. I finished it in less than a day. I'm waiting for Eldest to come out in paperback here before I buy it. Our most of our book club at school has read it and loved it. We discuss it all the time and talk about the movie.
    ~~~~Dani~~~~

Comment

I don't suppose thou wouldst mine talking with the likes of me about it? i mean...sorry. i was stuck in old english for a minute there...i don't suppose you'd want to talk about it here? usually i'd just try to drag you down to eragon forums...or rather, fantasy books now, since we put so many books in it...but it was originally eragon forums...unfortunately that place has grown real quite recently...So i'm trying to talk about it here.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I'm willing to help anyone out with this. Eragon was fantasic! But i felt a little let down by Eldest. I felt it did not have the same feel to it etc. Cant wait till dec 15th when Eragon is out in the cinema! Lets see how wrong they get it.
        There was a offical Eragon forum about 2 years ago. It only ran for a short while. Made 2 great friends on there that i have stade in touch with till this very day. Google the trailer for the movie
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I love Eragon! Fox, you're right; the second, Eldest, wan't nearly as good as the first. I'm a fast reader, so I finished it in a day, like bookworm6 over three. *waves wildly to bookworm6* But I heard they botched the movie up badly. Which is sad, because the book was amazing...Blergh. Moviemakers. *mutters*

-peri

Comment

Well i saw a little trailer to the movie and well Saphire was not what i expected and she seemes to have feather like wings. I mean i must of saw that wrong because dragons dont have feathers!!! Now dont get me wrong the 2nd book was ok but it had not spirte. It did not flow, but it was pretty cool what happend at the party.
            I've heard if you buy the new version of eldest there is a chapter in it for the next one, which still has no title.
            Fox

Comment

I agree, the second book wasn't as great as the first...but there was a reson for that i think. the first book was an adventure, for us and eragon...the second was more of a tansition. His old life finally taking the last step and changing him into what he needs to be...as a result it came across as a transition, as lessons, and studies, and it just didn't flow as well and grip you...I mean, i know many books include parts that where nothing really happens..it adds to the effect...but when the entire book is like that it just gets kinda boring...but i suppose it had to happen for the third to work...and i'm a bit disappointed with how the trailer shows saphire too...
              *goes off to eragon forums and sees if someones posted* see ya monday when i the library's open again...*wishes my comp wasn't brokeN*

Comment

Erm. Sorry, but this is really bothering me; it's SAPHIRA not, Saphire. Sorry. Normally I never correct typos, since I'm constantly spelling things wrong while typing...but that irritated me. Dunno why, don't ask. Hey, where have you guys been seeing the trailer? I still haven't seen it.

-peri

Comment

I read eragon and eldest. they were really goodbut I was angry becouse my copy of eldest had three chapters of another book in it. I had to wait to get a nother copy in the mail.but they sent me two so its all good. one of my frieds got a copy signed becouse the same thing happened to her book.

Comment

Originally posted by the_peridexis:
                    Erm. Sorry, but this is really bothering me; it's SAPHIRA not, Saphire. Sorry. Normally I never correct typos, since I'm constantly spelling things wrong while typing...but that irritated me. Dunno why, don't ask. Hey, where have you guys been seeing the trailer? I still haven't seen it.

-peri
                    Really sorry about that, I really did think her name was Saphire hahaha that will teach me to speed read you would think by my age i would not make as many type-o's as i do
                    Fox

Comment

I think that, although the author of Eragon has a good writing style, all of his ideas were cliche when JR Tolken was writing. Everything in his books has been used and abused over and over again.

What attracts me to a book is the setting and the plot. I love YW because both the setting and plot are completely original, whereas Eragon was an old story in an old setting, but with different names.

If he puts some effort into coming up with some good concepts, he might turn out to be as good an author as DD.
                      Hy gododin cataan hue
                      Hud a lledrith mal wyddan
                      Guance ae bellawn wen cabri
                      Varigal don Fincayra
                      Dravia, dravia Fincayra

Comment

Lets remember though that this guy started writting this when he was 14 and it was not published by his family untill 19 i think. Maybe because of his young age he did use JR T a bit. In fact maybe he was trying to be orignal in the 2nd book and thats why it did not flow as well. Also he put alot of effort into these books because as far as I remeber he has written down his own version of both elven and drawrf language.
                        On a different note, did you know someone made the sword for him! How cool is that! I've alwasy wanted to learn broad sword but dont think you can find lessons that easy.
                        Fox

Comment

Sorry about spelling saphira's name wrong...]
                          in dragon game, i have a dragon named saphire, so i sometimes get confused...(saphire basically sounds like saphira would if it sounded like it was spelt...)

Comment

I want to learn sword fighting myself, but i'm not having luck at the moment...ah well, eventually...and i'm not sure he use jr t...he denies it. the fact of the matter is, you can probably spot a thousand versions of jr t's works too...he's not the first one to come up with a magical ring you know... in fact, almost all fantasy you find you'll can find a hundred different examples of...I can usually spot who a character will fall in love with the same moment they meet them, just by plot...

Comment

Just because a 14 or even a 19-year-old can write a book doesn't mean that they should nor does it mean that the book will be good. I am comparing him to all writing I've read, not just his age group. If he wants to play in the big leagues, he's got to play by big league rules.
                              Hy gododin cataan hue
                              Hud a lledrith mal wyddan
                              Guance ae bellawn wen cabri
                              Varigal don Fincayra
                              Dravia, dravia Fincayra

Comment

Working...
                              X