This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protesting "The Golden Compass" already

Last night, I got a forwarded email that said I shouldn't go see The Golden Compass, because it was anti-religious. The email was rather too late, since I read the books as they were being published. :-) I responded to everyone who had been copied with me that I had read the books, and was going to go see the movies, pointing out that my faith was too strong to be damaged by one work of fiction.

Has anybody else gotten any pushback about these books or movie? How have you dealt with it? (For that matter, has anyone taken Helena's attitude about the Young Wizards series?)
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Nope Garrett, i haven't got any emails like that, but expext to get some soon. I geuss some fanatic wants his or her five minuets of fame on a chain mail letter. The fact that the movie has yet to be relesed, means that the person who sent that letter assumes the movie will be exactly like the book(which i hope it is). So if tehy realy carred why haven't they been constantly protesting the books.
    Like you said Garrett, as long as your are confertable with your religon than you should be fine with seeing this well writen piece of FICTION. I know a person who is probably more of a devout christian than the person who sent this letter and that person is looking forward to the movie. If you want to whine about story that you dont belive in okay but dont bother me with your pathetic attemps at getting atention like a child.

Yay one month till the movie is out. I SO want to go see this.
    (\__/) "Be amazing"
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
    X