Any Mary Pope Osborne fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Mary Pope Osborne fans here?

I haven't read her books (yet), but my daughter Ael (8 years old) is a big fan. Thus, we waited in line for over an hour to get her newest book signed at Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park. As a reward for waiting so long, she started allowing people to take pictures at the signing table about 10 people ahead of us. Good thing we didn't rush the line...

http://flickr.com/photos/sarekofvulcan/115321846/
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Hm. They're definitely lower middle-grade books, right? I never read them (I sort of skipped over that reading level and headed straight into Madeleine L'Engle--heh), but I know my brother did, and he loved them (and to make sure I don't sound offensive, he's an amazing reader too, I was just...a strange kid.)

Anyways, I'm pretty much saying what you said. My (much) younger brother read and loves them too. I think they're probably great books for that age group.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

I never really read a lot of her books but I did enjoy some of her historical fiction books through Dear America when I was younger.
      My younger brother and sister read a few of her something treehouse books.

Comment

I'm not much of a fan, but it's a good way to start up serious reading in her magic treehousebooks. I've never read dear america
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

read all the Magic Tree House books so far.
          the most amazing band in the world... The Science of Sleep... www.myspace.com/thescienceofsleepar

Comment

Dear America is published by Scholastics, there is an uncountable number of authors, and it's all historical fiction from important times in Americas history. Dear America is diaries from pre and teen girls now there is My Name is America on the same principle that's boys. My fave book from Mary Pope is Standing in the Light, its about this girl whose kidnapped along with her bro, by indians and she has to learn the their ways as they try to adopt her as one of them. It's really a cute story. If you like the historical fiction stuff I definatly suggest it.

Comment

She writes those Magic Tree house books, right? I sent my nephew a set of those for Christmas.
              He seems to like them, but they didn't have those when I was a kid, trust me.

Comment

Working...
              X