sword of truth series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sword of truth series

has anyone read these series? i can't seem to find anyone to discuss it with, other then mm...i mean, we have a forum for it at http://books.manyforums.com/ and we're setting up a roleplaying thing for it too, which you think would be enough, but only me and mm have read it...so, as a last ditch attempt at finding someone to discuss it with, i'm trying over here...So once again, anyone read it?
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

yeah, I've read them, but the only one I've read recently was Phantom
    "Absurdity is the spice of life, the little things that always make the one being absurd laugh, and no one else"-me, being serious
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him alight and he's warm for the rest of his life ~ Jingo, by Terry Pratchett

Comment

that's cause phantom is the second to last book, and the last isn't out yet. THese books RULE! i can still remember every detail of all the books...and i love the ending...
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I see you posted the question around about a month ago but I only just joined. Anyway, I've read the first 3 I believe. I'm fairly sure I didn't read past The Blood of the Fold but I may be mistaken. (that's number 3 right?)

First one was fantastic. I read them after I read the entire Wheel of Time series(excluding the 11th, as that wasn't out at the time) and came to a dead halt when I hit Blood of the Fold. Due to my complete and utter hatred and annoyance with the Children of the Light, I took the Blood of the Fold to be carbon copies and could not bring myself to get through the book. Eventually I checked it out a THIRD time and finished it. I was pleasently surprised to find I was wrong and really enjoyed the book. I had lost my momentum with the series by that point and was busy so I have never really picked up reading since then.

They are very adult books however. It took me ages to actually try one cause I was warned away from them by certain super-christian friends. I should have known the books weren't BAD bad like they told me, but just extreme in certain areas.
        Dai Stihó, cousin.
        "Fairest and Fallen; greetings and defiance."

Comment

I've read them, and I really like them. I started the series, because last year we had this reading project, and we got to choose whatever book we wantwd and my dad told me to read the first one.

Comment

the series is GREAT! and i still say you should read them...or at least join http://books.manyforums.net/index.php we have a forum there for the stories and are runnning into the problem that only two active members have actually read them...*sighs* sorry for the over enthusiasim. it's just i can't seem to find many who actually have read it, even though itr really is a great series...

Comment

bwahaha that link no longer works. This series is amazing. The best one of the series in my opinion is Faith of the Fallen.

Raine, you need to keep reading. There are some books in there that I do dislike. I couldn't bring myself to finish Pillars of Creation.

I actually enjoyed Blood of the Fold. It wasn't my favorite, but I did enjoy it.
              Visit KasChat Network!

Comment

I think I said how I felt about these books in another thread, so I won't repeat myself and invite ire. :3

HOWEVER, I have a story!
                A few years ago, I joined the forums at Prophets Inc, when I was still very much enamoured with the books. I made a topic about whether Kahlan was a good example of a female lead (my opinion is/was that she USED to be, but her character degenerates from about the fourth book on). I checked back in a few days later and the topic had gone insane with 50-60 replies, mostly flames. I had also received a PM from one of the supermods asking me to leave and/or never start a thread again.

Oops. <.<
                I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

I was on that board. I haven't been on there in months. I'm hoping that Terry Goodkind goes back to this world in the future.
                  Visit KasChat Network!

Comment

The link changes, no one can be blamed fir not finishing pillars of creation (I spent the entire thug grumbling about how long it would take to be to Richard and the others) and Kahlan isn't neccesarily as much of a lead as she used to be. She doesn't change - but the fact is that the series is about Richard. It focuses less and less on her in many ways, except for the fact that she's the motivation behind half of his actions... You still see her strength as you read though. The lastthree books are centered around her as well.

They made atf series - legend of the seeker. Once you get past the urge to strangle them for making it nothing like the book, it's quite good. Still want to scream sometimes, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X