Easter egg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter egg?

Trying not to spoil anything, even a minor "cameo" sort of a thing, for other readers....

(skipping a few more lines)

(okay, maybe just a couple more)

Ahem.

So, as I was saying:
    I really giggled a lot at the reference to How Much For Just the Planet? It's only fair, o'course, since author John M. Ford mentions before the story begins that certain real-life people are making special appearances in that wonderfully hilarious novel, and two of those are "Diane and Peter".

I see also that, instead of coming out day-after-my-birthday this year, it'll be out for around husband's-birthday next year. Perfect! I know what he's getting, then!

Thank you, DD!
    Jarissa
    (not a newbie, merely a long-time lurker)
    I lurk. A lot. Don't mind me: I simply do not have much of interest to say. I've been here since two computers ago - oh, somewhere before 2001, for certain. But I'm so quiet, I'm generally unmemorable!

God, I love that book. ("In Space, No One Can Fry an Egg"). If anybody can identify the tunes for the songs, please post here! (I've only got the two really obvious ones: The Rawhide Theme, and "Falling in Love Again").

Seen Ford's latest Shakespearean-based weirdness? Harry of Five Points. It's Henry V ala Damon Runyon. Complete gas.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I hadn't heard about the "Henry" variant, Kli6; thanks for telling me! I'll have to go check it out this weekend!

Jarissa
      (not a newbie, just a lurker who hardly ever posts)
      I lurk. A lot. Don't mind me: I simply do not have much of interest to say. I've been here since two computers ago - oh, somewhere before 2001, for certain. But I'm so quiet, I'm generally unmemorable!

Comment

Ok, just in case, (and because John M. Ford fans are relatively rare), I have to point out that there are two collections of his out and available that are well worth the time and money to hunt down. The first one is his NESFA Press collection, From the End of the Twentieth Century, the other the recent Tor anthology, The Heat of Fusion and Other Stories.

And for online stuff I know about aside from Harry, there's:<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>Troy: The Movie <LI>110 Stories (a 9/11 poem) <LI>American Guy[/list]
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

In a similar vein... 1000 word Tolkein. I think I learnt of this via DD's blog.
          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Working...
          X