Rick Riordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Riordan

I was wondering of all Rick Riordan's books, (including the first book of The 39 Clues, excluding the series, Tres Navarre) Which one would like the best?

I myself have read his first series, PERCY JACKSON & the OLYMPIANS, and read the summaries of his newest books. Though not as long or wizardry-ness than the YOUNG WIZARDS series, I wonder what's best, .... what's should be read first :

*Series: The Heroes of Olympus, Book 1 : The Lost Hero (following the first series with a new cast)
    *Series: The Kane Chronicles, Book 1 : The Red Pyramid (having to do with Egypt)
    *Series: The 39 Clues, Book 1 : The Maze of Bones (please note he ONLY wrote the FIRST book & the bonus one)
    A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Well, if you've read the first series, I think that you would like The Lost Hero a lot. I am currently rereading it ( I read it in a day, the day after it came out) and I still love it! Characters from the first series are mentioned, and you do meet several of them, and it's neat to see how their lives have gone in the 4 months since the Titan War. It's true that it's about different characters, but it is still very good. One thing that is a little different is that from chapter to chapter, it switches view-points between the three main characters, Jason, Piper, and Leo. It takes some getting used to. But if you want to try it out, you can read the first two chapters here

The Kane Chronicles are also very good, and they are focused on the Kane twins, Carter and Sadie. It is a bit like the Greek books, except focused on Egyptian mythology instead. I personally didn't enjoy it as much as the others, but that is only because I prefer Greek mythology and culture to Egyptian. You can read the first chapter here

The Maze of Bones is pretty good too, but I haven't read that one in a while. The series is an interesting concept, seeing as they are all written by different people. I was never captured by it, but I've read the first few, and will probably read the rest at some point. It is just hard to follow, because the plot is complicated, and I find myself having to reread the series before I read the newest book ( I do that a lot), but it is a hassle because the books come out fairly quickly...You can read the first two chapters of THAT book right here

Hope that helped! Enjoy!
    All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Have read the entire Percy Jackson series, thanks to a rec from a mate of mine. Pretty damn good, if I say so meself. I just finished The Lost Hero and, while parts seemed rather mundane...and Jason (one of the main chars) doesn't seem to have much personality, it was a pretty kla read. There are some interesting things Riordan brings up, eh....but I can't spoil it fer yeh. Yeh need to read it though, it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
      X