Cirque du freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cirque du freak

I just read the last book in the series, Sons of Destiny. I love this series and I hate that it is the last book. But, I might find other series of interest that have vampires. I do happen to be fond of books by Amelia A****er-Rhodes. After reading Sons of Destiny I totally get that title. What did you guys think about the ending to the series?
    Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
    Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

I never picked up the book. At first, it looked interesting, what with the positive critique by J.K. Rowling on the front and the intruiging plot. But in my experience, serieses that go on for a very long time aren't very good. That's not always true, of course, but once Cirque hit volume eight, I didn't want anything to do with it. *shrug*

If you can convince me it's worth reading, however, then i'll read it.

-peri

Comment

serieses (sic) that go on for a very long time aren't very good.
      Well, Animorphs was 54 books and and about 10 parallels that became the third best selling children's book series of all time.

And how about that other series, called...what was it again...ah, Young Wizards. That one has been going on for over twenty years now; would you say that's not good?
      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

<span class="ev_code_RED">Animorphs became a ridiculous money making series. I don't even call it literature. I consider it TV with only words. YW is pretty good, I havn't really read any books lately worth remembering. Young Adult books are not very good. Has anyone read Black Like Me? It was really good!</span>
        I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

Originally posted by the_peridexis:
          I never picked up the book. At first, it looked interesting, what with the positive critique by J.K. Rowling on the front and the intruiging plot. But in my experience, serieses that go on for a very long time aren't very good. That's not always true, of course, but once Cirque hit volume eight, I didn't want anything to do with it. *shrug*

If you can convince me it's worth reading, however, then i'll read it.

-peri
          I don't know about long series not being good. I mean we all seem to like the YW series right.

Comment

I love the Cirque Du Freak books!! I have not read the last book yet but the rest are awesome! You should really try and read them, peridexis. I really like the way each book flows into the other. Its not like the series seem to end after each book. Anyways, give it a try! (Oh and they get better as they go along!)
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

I'm reading them right now and I've skipped Vampire Mountain and #6, 7, 8, and I think 9 only 'cause I couldn't find them. But I'm planning on saving money if I get a job to buy all the books that I don't have and send my extra copy to Jamie so I can get him hooked... All I know is that even if you do skip a book it tells you what happened in the next... It is really awesome, and Peri, you should read them! Even if you can't find all the books all you need to do is read the first 2 or so then you can just skip around...
              <hr color="brown" width="50%" align="center" size=2>
              (\__/)
              (+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
              (")_(") signature to help him conquer the world.

"Saying you're lurking defeats the point. It's also a waste of a line." Wildflo

Comment

You've all ganged up on me. :P It's a little different with the YW series, because one of my good friends recommended them to me. No one's ever really given me something positive on the Cirque du Freak series (except here), so I never bothered with it. Not to mention that I said in my last post, "That's not always true, of course." I had the YW books in mind when I wrote that, a long with a few others.

Animorphs was interesting, but I can't say it was mind-blowing. I didn't read the whole thing, (because it was so long) but I read enough to know that a lot of younger kids (and anyone else who reads them ) might enjoy them. I never saw the tv series, so I can't give you anything on that.

Since you all seem to like Cirque du Freak, I'll try it out. Can't be any harm, after all. Now if I can just get someone to drive me to the library...*schemes*

-peri

Comment

I'm glad we've convinced you to try it Peri. I really hope you like it. The series flowed very nicely and I just happend to be fond of vampires so, yeah. I hope you like it. Try to come back and tell us what you think when you get the chance.

Comment

i have read the animorphs books, as in every single one written. they're pretty good, i spent an entire summer pretty much reading all of them b because they took so long to get back to the library.

and i have seen the show too, the show was ok, but the books are far better.
                    ---------------------------------------
                    YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                    "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

i have all of the Cirque du Freak books thay are verry good. i read them up to book 4 in book stores becuse my mom thot vampire stuff was grusem, but i told her a bit about the vampire/vampanze plot and she bout me all of them!
                      Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

-The Book of the Dead
                      --sabriel

Comment

the serise (yes i know i spelled that wrong) was great i had to like beg my best friend to let me borrow it because im too cheap to by it myself *sigh* but what are freinds for right their their to help us... anyways the books were great and it suks that their done and stuff but every serice has to end some time right???
                        its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

i loved these books so much and im so broken hearted now that its over. i didn't want [<span class="ev_code_white"> darren to die, i was majorly shocked when i learned that he was des tiny's son. like OMG!! but i still didn't think he would die. </span>] but anywayz now that the books are over i can just look at them on my bookshelf and feel that fuzy feeling that you feel in your stomach when you look at old pictures or like your favorite childhood toy, you know? ill always love them.

[--edited to white out possible spoilers. --kli.]

Comment

I was surprised to. Do you guys know of any other good vampire books out?

Comment

ya. lets have a moment of silence... ok moments over. um spyells, it all depends on two things, first if your going to have time to READ them, and second it depends of your choise of genre. i have just read a sereis called the diarys of family dracul and that is an extreamly good series, but it is kinda like a historical fiction and is not. it is more leaned twored the fiction all out but the writer had to do reaserch on the family to write it so it is partly a historical. and another book would be dracula.
                              its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X