Sherlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock

So. Who else had a hecka good time with Series 3?

I was like, "omigod. "Case of Identity!" "Whoop! It's Twisted Lip! It's Twisted Lip!" "Charles Augustus Milverton!" "A.G.R.A.!---BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" "Awwww.. he's not gonna go be a spy?" etc. etc. etc.

It's very annoying to watch these episodes with me. [grin].

Also, casting trivia you probably already knew:

The actress who played Mary Morstan--Amanda Abbington? She's Martin Freeman's real life partner.
    And the actors who played Mycroft & Sherlock's parents? (Wanda Ventham & Timothy Carlton) are Benedict Cumberbatch's real life mum and dad.

I love how Sherlock is such a family deal (Steven Moffat is married to Sue Vertue, the producer, and her mom, Beryl Vertue, is executive producer).
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

enjoying Sherlock

I'm greatly enjoying Sherlock. And enjoying going to the originals and picking through all the allusions to them!

However I may point out that what you love as a family affair is sometimes called by a less-nice-sounding name...
    (Not that I dislike the family characters!)

I was mildly arguing with someone on FB the other week about why I like Sherlock better than Elementary. Have you seen Elementary at all?

....aaannnnddd, I've just now realized Agra... A.G.R.A....
    Last edited by SpacePen; February 24, 2014, 08:14:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
      So. Who else had a hecka good time with Series 3?

I was like, "omigod. "Case of Identity!" "Whoop! It's Twisted Lip! It's Twisted Lip!" "Charles Augustus Milverton!" "A.G.R.A.!---BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" "Awwww.. he's not gonna go be a spy?" etc. etc. etc.

It's very annoying to watch these episodes with me. [grin].
      Annoying? I'd imagine it'd be fun I mean, in a very particular sort of fun, but, who's to watch it in a "normal" sort of watching it.

Sherlock isn't a detective show, its a Sherlock Holmes show. This is important. It's not "watch it because you want to watch someone solve crimes", a good amount of the fun is because of going through and being what are they going to be pulling from next?!
      We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Sherlock/YW crossover

By the Author herself. petermorwood: The dimensional rift at the top... - Diane Duane (Seriously, though: To get the most out of the amazing DD, her tumblr is the best spot...)
        Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate...
        Basic definitions of science: If it crawls, it's biology. If it smells, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's physics.
        I write for the same reason I breathe; if I didn't I would die.

Comment

Working...
        X