No announcement yet.

Anime (and YW)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read Ken catran much?? Your synopsis of the setting for Gundam Wing (which sounds interesting, btw) reminds me of Ken Catran's Solar Colonies series, and the realated Deepwater. In it, the Solar Colonies- Mars, Jupiter (well, moons), the Moon, Asteroids are, yes, lorded over by the polluted and dying Earth. Colonists are tinted- brown-red skin for North martians, blue for South, green for West, couple of others I can't remember; there's a lot of enmity, and also names. Sandies for the South martians, Rainies for the Earth, Rockheads, Jupes, etcetera...Um. I've lost my plot. Oh, yeah, Ken catran's good.
    ka kite
    Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
    ON HOLIDAY! Wooo!
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Oooo! Has anyone here seen His and Her Circumstances (KareKano)? It's the best romance anime I've every seen! The twist on the romance plot line is that the main characters are both obsessive over achievers. It's hysterical! Maybe that's just because I see myself in it. Also, it's by Gainax! How can it be anything but wonderful?

Yours till the kitchen sinks,
      Rowen Avalon
      mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality

~Post Disclaimer~
      "I know that you think you
      understood what I said, but I
      don't think you understand
      that what I said is not
      exactally what I meant."
      He he! So true

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
      Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
      "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

I've heard of it... I SOOO want to see it, but as I've said before, I'm poor. I can't afford it. I'll try to pick up a few volumes of the manga somewhere though.

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself a fool
        -Shakespeare

Even when I was in a crowd, I was always alone...
        -Hemingway

Comment

Nobody really knows. I find that it's just one of life's little mysteries, and leave it at that. I think they're definitely at least a year older than they were in SYWTBAW, but apart form that it's all a little hazy.
          Ka Kite
          tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
          Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
          ON HOLIDAY! Wooo!

Comment

I love anime. Any of you seen YYH (Yu Yu Hakusho) or Inuyasha?

Comment

There are lots and lots of pretyt extensive Anime topics down in Chatter if you want to go take a look...
              T

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
              --Agent M
              Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!

Comment

inuyasha and Kenshin are my 2 favorite animes!

-Something Wicked This Way Comes
                -Something Wicked This Way Comes

Comment

I love those to. I all so love blue seed, YYH and utena

Lissa
                  "We pray for our sorrows to end,
                  and hope that our hearts will blend.
                  Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
                  And who knows:
                  starting a new journey may not be so hard
                  or maybe it has already begun.
                  There are many worlds,
                  but they

Comment

what is anime? how do you make new topics? please tell me!

"The moon may change hope if you give the faith."
                    - arteangel
                    "The moon may change hope if you give the faith."
                    - arteangel

"The presence of a dolphin is the presence of a miracle."
                    - arteangel

If you need help with anything regarding dolphins, the moon, or mythology, give me a buzz through a privat

Comment

Anime is something from Japan. It is knid of like a big cartoon. Some of them are in Jappansse (sp) and some are in English. It depends on where you get them or watch them. And to make a new post you go to the New folder in the corner of the top of the screen.Then click new topic. K???

Lissa
                      "We pray for our sorrows to end,
                      and hope that our hearts will blend.
                      Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
                      And who knows:
                      starting a new journey may not be so hard
                      or maybe it has already begun.
                      There are many worlds,
                      but they

Comment

I love kindaichi too btw

Comment

Sorry to say this....

idontlikeanimethatmuch.eventhoughiplaygameboyandwa tchallthoseshowsfrommylittlebrother.

Glad to get that of my chest!

penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I've never really liked anime that much either. I've watched some...flipping through channels...some pokemon back when it first came out...my older brother likes Dragon Ball Z, so I've seen some of that. I'm learning more now because two of my new friends this year are obsessed with all things anime.

Comment

Eh, might as well join this topic too...
                              I don't get any channels with anime on. Not even Cartoon Network's Toonami. Which is rather sad, but it was cable or broadband. I suppose I could go rent some DVDs, but I really don't watch a lot of television in general and doubt there'd be anything good over here anyways. So my experience of anime is limited to what kids I'm babysitting watch (usually Yu-gi-oh (sp?) or something), snatches of shows when traveling (I've caught about half a dozen episodes of Kenshin) and whatever I find online. I do read a few manga translations online...I've read a lot of Rurouni Kenshin...browed some Inuyasha sites...nothing else in any mention-worthy quantity.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                              -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
                              My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                              OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                              --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

I like anime, but I don't generally like the anime everybody else likes. Oh, I enjoy just about anything Rumiko Takahashi, and I think Miyazaki's a god, but when I'm watching the television series, I find I like the non-fantasy, non-sf, high-school soap opera shows best.

Just discovered The Anime Network on-demand, and do I watch Blueseed? Do I watch King of Bandit Jing? No. The OAV "Voices From a Distant Star"? No. I'm completely mesmerized by Princess Nine. A girls' baseball team.

Sigh. No giant robots, demons, martial arts, or hidden royalty, anywhere...

Oh, and my fave Cartoon Network Adult Swim anime? Lupin the Third. Go, Monkey-Punch.

[This message was edited by kli6 on 12 January 2004 at 13:33.]
                                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X