Anime (and YW)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime (and YW)...

Okay, this almost completely irrelevant. But when I first started reading AWA, I almost cheered when I saw anime. (I happen to be a big anime lover) And then you have the whole thing about Kit's sister being the one to like it. Why suddenly put this in? I'd like thoughts on why it was changed, though I'm thankful DD put anime in!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~
    PART OF THE PROBLEM, Nita thought as she tore desperately down Rose Avenue, is that I can't keep my mouth shut.
    -Diane Duane, So You Want To Be A Wizard
    ---
    Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Okay, this almost completely irrelevant. But when I first started reading AWA, I almost cheered when I saw anime. (I happen to be a big anime lover) And then you have the whole thing about Kit's sister being the one to like it. Why suddenly put this in? I'd like thoughts on why it was changed, though I'm thankful DD put anime in!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~
    PART OF THE PROBLEM, Nita thought as she tore desperately down Rose Avenue, is that I can't keep my mouth shut.
    ---

Comment

I wonder which Anime shows Carmnella watches....I hope she likes CCS...

Hillary Wan Kenobi
      The first-ever Jedi Ewok
      And proud of it...
      A physics geek
      And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

I could name a lot I wish she liked.. but it would take to long. I hope it's CCS! I just like anime though, so it doesn't really matter.

Young Wizards and Anime... I'M OVERLOADED BY GOOD THINGS!!!

~!~!~!~!~!~!~
        ---

Comment

Well, we know she at least can stand Pokemon since it is implied that she is watching it in Dilemma.

Yours till the bed spreads,
          Rowen Avalon
          mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
          Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
          "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

How could ANYONE stand pokemon. -_-'

Hillary Wan Kenobi
            The first-ever Jedi Ewok
            And proud of it...
            A physics geek
            And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Well, I can, but it takes a great deal of training, experience, and fortitude. Also a Gameboy.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Training, expierence, fortitude, a Gameboy and a brother who always watches it.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~
                ---

Comment

Hillary Wan Kenobi
                  The first-ever Jedi Ewok
                  And proud of it...
                  A physics geek
                  And proud of it...

Comment

Certainly true. I happen to now the names of the whole first series of Pokemon just by absorbtion from my brothers.

Yours till the kitchen sinks,
                    Rowen Avalon
                    mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality

~Post Disclaimer~
                    "I know that you think you
                    understood what I said, but I
                    don't think you understand
                    that what I said is not
                    exactally what I meant." He
                    he! So true
                    Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
                    "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

That's sad...

Although I still have all my cards from the first series that I collected years ago. I've got like five million of them.

And as far as whether or not she watches CCS goes, as long as it's Clamp I'm happy. Clamp rocks. ^___^

Avid Stealer of Left Shoes
                      Co-creator/GM of the RPG
                      Avid Stealer of Left Shoes
                      Co-creator/GM of the Númeârador RPG

Comment

In a similar vein to Rowen's post, I could talk intelligently* about Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Z thanks to my sister, who takes great delight in describing the episodes to me in excruciating detail (actually the detail isn't all that excruciating --it just seems so to me). I try to return the favor by telling her about interesting art music & science tidbits, but she is usually far from appreciative (even though the tidbits are far more edifying than Dragon Ball and the other television shows she tells me about).

Nathan

* Is it possible to talk intelligently about DB & DBZ? I rather doubt that it is. Thus, let's just say that I could discuss them in an informed manner.

Ubi materia, ibi geometria. --Johannes Kepler

Non doctrinam, sed perspicuitatem quaero.
                        Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

*grins* Oh, yes. I used to be able to do the last verse or two of the Pokemon rap- you know, the one that was on at the end of the first series? just because my brothers learnt the whole thing. *tries something* Oh my god! I can still remember some...*shudders and runs away.* I can also pontificate at length on Digimon and DBZ- thoguh frankly I can't STAND DBZ. It's the worst of a bad bunch, in my opinion...

I don't know anything about worthwhile anime, though I've heard stories that there actually is some. Oh my!
                          Ka Kite
                          Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                          Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                          ON HOLIDAY! Wooo!
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

HEYYY.... DBZ is pretty cool! If only because it is based very loosely on the 13th century chinese novel Journey to the West.... (aka The Monkey King). Saiyuki is a better version though...

Sounds like people here need to see the good stuff like Gundam Wing, Rurouni Kenshin, Yuyu Hakusho and Inuyasha.... Saiyuki is awesomw too. Rahxephon is pretty good, as is Noir. Honestly... if your impressions of anime are derived from things such as Digimon...

All right, some of you don't believe me. Fine... Gundam Wing is set in Year AC 195- AC stands for After Colony. There are many space colonies now, and yet again, the Earth Federation is lording over them, much the same way the Europeans treated North America soon after they discovered it. So, the Colonies send five freedom fighters, in mobile suits called Gundams, to free them. Its largely a war story. The pilots of the gundams are about fifteen, each with their pasts. Later on, mixed in the large broil of warfare is the ancient Sanc Kingdom, led by Queen Relena Peacecraft- like her name, the kingdom is peaceful. And then, there is the White Fang, another group of renegades against the Earth Federation. By now, the Gundam Pilots ae no longer sure of their position, or of who they should be fighting. Later, they discover a plot to destroy the earth- a colony has been blown up and large pieces are falling towards Earth. After that, is the movie Endless Waltz, which, again, is another war story, only much shorter. The Barton Family has taken it upon themselves to.... actually I don't remember. It's either talke control from the Earth Alliance or destroy the Earth by dumping a spaceship on it. Its been a long time, okay?

Anime has colossal character development- the Pilot of Gundam 001 Heero Yuy, begins as a angsty emotionless character, and in the series, learns in a sense, how to feel. And this post has really gone on far too long... I'll shut up now.

[This message was edited by Aurora on 11 April 2003 at 18:31.]

Comment

Well, manga, as a general rule, is better, as there is less cut out. They can't really just cut out a panel....

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself a fool
                              -Shakespeare

Even when I was in a crowd, I was always alone...
                              -Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                              X