Wicked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookgirl View Post
    I've never watched Glee, but after reading some of your posts about it I may need to change that.
    You definitely should; Glee is amazing! It's just such a happy show, which is why my roommates and I watch it; at some points, life is just too unhappy, and you need a happy, simple TV show for fun.

On the other hand...Wicked. My favorite musical. I saw it two years ago when it was on tour in Cleveland, and it was amazing! I wanted to go back (it's in Cleveland again, right now actually) but I just don't have the money or time to go again, since next week is finals week, and this week I have a lot of papers. Plus, I don't actually have a way to get to Cleveland from school. I'm a dork, and really like the song "The Wizard and I." Still not sure why, but my roommates have caught me belting it out in the shower more than a few times.

Comment

I've only read the book but I want to see the musical I've heard it's good from alot of people. I haven't been able to find any showings near me at good times for me.
      "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

It is definitely amazing! I saw it a week ago, and I'm already trying to convince my mom to go see it again!!(i saw it with my dad last time, because my mom stayed home with my little sister, she's 8)
        Fav Quotes (that I can remember)
        I am completely stupid and deeply shallow-Feiryo

Oh how tragically beautiful you are-Madam Morrible to Nessa
        Yes, and I'm the other sister...I'm beautifully tragic-Elphaba

Flip Flip...Teeheeheeheehee-Galinda

That's all I can remember for now...add some if you can.....
        All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

i only listened to the songs, my favorite quote from those is from popular:

And with an assist from me
          To be who you'll be
          Instead of dreary who-you-were
          Well, are
          There's nothing that can stop you
          From becoming popu-
          Ler
          Lar
          La la la la
          We're gonna make
          You popular
          I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
          -- Charles Shulz

Comment

Glinda: "I know you don't want to hear this but someone has to say it! You are out of control! I mean, they're just shoes, let it go!"

"Whats in the punch?"
            "Lemons Melons and Pears"
            "Oh my!"

"We can't all come and go by bubble!"
            "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

*laughing quietly* Oh, yes. My icon should tell anyone that. That's me cosplaying Elphaba, which I also did every time I've seen the West End production (I was the first girl to attend it dressed as Elphie, right back before the 'official' opening night). I've seen Idina as Elphaba twice, which makes a lot of my friends in the fandom very envious. *cackles* Also, my hardcover copy of the book is autographed by Adam Garcia, who makes a wonderful Fiyero.

/geekdom
              Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Working...
              X