No announcement yet.

Video Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am absolutely stuck in the snow-village bit of Okami--I keep racing the stupid snowballs and stuff, but when I get to the wall with the cat-spiral-thingies, I keep falling into the crevasse, and I can't make it across to the end. (sigh). If anybody's got any tips, let me know.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

*thinks of video games* we've got this game i can't remember, but which is kind of like animal crossing. but with more people. and things. and not quite so easy...you can faint, get married, have kids, yada yada yada...it's not the kind of game i usually play, but i find it fun occasionally. *shrugs* the game i REALLY want is the zelda masterquest, or better yet the collecter whatever for gamecube, (both for gamecube) which has zelda I zelda II ocarina of time, and majora's mask...but i can't afford it, unless i give up the OTHER game i want. which is the last kingdoms or something like that...otherwise, i'm over by either 99 cents, or seven dollers, depending on who it is...*thinks* eh, i'll most likely give up the other video game and buy this...i can put the other one on my wish list. *grins* sorry for my insanely long rant, but i'm first getting back to posting after this long period of not being willing to wait in the library long enough to post on their computer.
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I like LOSTMAGIC for the DS it's pretty fun. And I also like Pokemon Ranger. Speaking of which, I can'twait till Pokemon Pearl & Diamond come out! Just about a month or so away. I already preordered pokemon pearl. I just need $22 more dollars. Yea!!!
        98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
        If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

hey young reader. you should be happy your getting some where a friend of mine has been on the same place for 2 and a half months and i am being dead seriouse.
          its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

i'd be happier if i didn't have to use all fifty five dollers to buy the game...on the other hand, if grandma still wants to get me a birthday gift, i can still get the other video game i wanted...only about eleven bucks if used, last i checked....*Grins* it's GREAT living near your grandparents. *cheers* *celebrates* will finish up before too long so i can play MORE video games* *laughs evily and runs off* i wonder if this post is long enough yet...cause i really don't know what else i can add! *hopes for the best and hits post now*
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

you lucky. all my family is spread out across the u.s. i dont even know where all of them are. any ways does anyone know what to do with the final fantacy III after you get the third crystal? im kinda lost
              its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

My family seems to be all packed in new york...at least, all the family i know. except mom, in california that is. *misses california* I mean, i like snow (hate the cold, love the snow) but i manage to love it a lot more when i'm not stuck walking through it, getting it stuck in my boots, realizing it's powder snow, not packing snow, so i can't make snow balls, and when it's not such an every day occurence that i can't anyone to have a snow ball fight with me! but on the other hand, this all leads to me possibly getting video games. hopefull at some point during break, so i can really have time to get into them...

Comment

Originally posted by spyells:
                  I have Animal Crossing for Nintendo DS. I love the game it is so easy.
                  Yes, it IS easy, and I still learn things occasionally about the game, but it's just... a life game. You can't rush it, you just have to do everything you can in a few days.

Animal Crossing seems, to me anyway, to be a long, gruesome game. Because I just don't seem to have time for it now. And because of that, I returned to the town a few days ago and it was infested with weeds- I spend 45 minutes just picking up weeds. However once maybe eight months or so ago, my memory data went corrupt. I couldn't load my town, my character, settings, items, people... anything! So I had to do the thing that I dreaded... rebuild the town. *Shudders at the phrase* And I've been battling for ages trying to get things like they were. I had Nookington's, I had the main room as big as it could get and also an upstairs room, which I made a kitchen. In my new town, I have upgraded my house just two times, and I'm stuck with Nookway for some reason... probably because I need to have my friend make a transaction there. That's probably the issue.

However the hardest thing has been getting the murchandise back. The kitchen stuff has been easy, but I can't seem to be able to get the Backyard Lawn for a floor in my main room. I also want glass tables, regular glass tables, to put my Bonsai trees on. And I have a few plants that I need to get, too... sigh, SO SO much that I have to do with Animal Crossing!
                  "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

I have a Gameboy Advance, but I hardly use it. Video Games aren't really that interesting. *wonders why she's on a thread devoted to video games*
                    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

because it was here. my gameboy advanced broke (well, my dad's actually) the bottons stopped working. and yes, my dad had a gameboy advanced...my dad and me BOTH tend to play a lot of video games (sometimes) though not tso much since we basicallly stopped having games we wanted to play (ther'es only two left, and i dont' feel like playing them!) well, three...

Comment

bumpity bump bump bump. (last one tonight, I promise!)

I adore video games very very much. When I was just a little sproglet, the old Sierra Adventure games taught me how to spell. I'd sit there and hunt-and-peck "ask about drgan", "ask about dragan", ad infinitum. Eco-Quest taught me how to recycle, and I hum the FF victory theme when I'm finished exams. :3
                        BUT ENOUGH HISTORY

A few weeks ago I bought The Orange Box and Kingdom Hearts re: chain of memories. Kingdom hearts is a bit lame, but I don't expect much from a gameboy port. Also I'm sad Square seems to be going more and more in the direction of Final Fantasy for these ones - hugely confusing storylines and mindboggling plot shenangians do not a happy jacq make. (I know there's a KH topic but it seemed to be focused on the soundtracks more then the games, from what I read...)

But OH MY GAWD Portal is about the funnest thing ever. My poor little companion cube ;_;

Other videogames that have been wasting my time lately: Pandemic II, Facebook Tetris, Bully (for Wii), Trauma Centre, Audiosurf, and the ever-addictive katamari damacy. (I beat Bioshock last week but it's boring and too full of smelly Ayn Rand things)

I have a ps2, gamecube, wii, and pc. Recommend me some fun (cheap!) games.
                        I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

Wow this topic is old - last time I posted, I was YR. And I was the last person to post!

I got a wii. I'm still trying to get a really good wii fittness age, and I hope to get more games for my birtday. I like mine, but I prefer adventure games that combine fighting with puzzles. Stuff like Zelda.

Comment

OH!!!!!
                            I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ZELDA!!!
                            Almost everyone in my family plays it. My mom, her boyfriend, me, my cousin, MY OTHER cousin, MY OTHER OTHER cousin and my aunt. My poor Dad, all we have to do is hum Epona's Song or Zelda's Lullaby and he runs away.
                            I also LOVE Okami, its so cool and I love the graphics. I have it on the Wii. Waka is exactly how I pictured Roshaun except for a few minor details.
                            I have a Ds. I got mine after my mom got hers. Hers is pink and mine is red and black. My Grammy's Ds is blue. Yes, my Grandmother does have a Ds, she got it to play Proffessor Layton on. Whenever I play that game I make Proffessor Layton look very stupid, I hardly ever finish the puzzles.
                            Dai,
                            elz
                            I think I'll go ennoble some waffles.
                            -Nita

Comment

I suppose I don't have to create a new thread for this question: anyone here play on the PS3 or have any games on Steam?
                              How do you wake Lady Gaga up in the morning?
                              You poke her face.

Comment

I only have Nintendo system which I only own to play Legend of Zelda. Skyward Sword at the end of this month! I am tempted to buy a 3DS purely just to play Ocarina of Time again...but would probably be bad for concentrating in class. I do love the game Mirror's Edge too which I have watched walkthroughs and own it for the PC (though I prefer being able to use a controller so I don't play it often).

Comment

Working...
                                X