No announcement yet.

What kind of music do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its as much the stupid industry as it is the actual band. . . I mean, apparently Mike Shinoda is doing a solo effort, back to the hip hop roots, right? Something like that, I heard. Linkin park isn't broken up or anything though, don't worry.

Anyway, I read an article in my University's paper about how mainstream music labels purposely delay music. For instance, the Black Eyed Peas new cd (the one with "Don't phunk with my heart") on it was delayed months simply because Elephunk was still selling. Its that sort of attitude.

I definitely preferred older Avenged Sevenfold to the new one. . . They only have soft music now because the lead vocalist tore a vocal cord or something so he can't scream anymore. Personally though, I liked the screaming stuff more - the music went better with it. They're still pretty good, but check out stuff like Unholy Confessions and Chapter Four.

Chop Suey is awesome! I like BYOB too, because the song is so much fun, especially the lyrics. . . Its about war, but they make this metaphor of the war as a party. And it's funny because they're screaming later "Why don't presidents fight the war? Why do they always send the poor?" and it's just awesome because of that comparison. Toxicity didn't impress me too much though. I want Mesmerize.

Slipknot. . . yeah, they're thrash metal. I generally don't go for thrash metal though. . . More punk and power metal.

NightWish is AWESOME. The Cruxshadows are too.

I don't mind most music, as long as it doesn't pretend to be something its not. I mean, I don't like a lot of rock because they're all like "Yeah, this is hard rock dude" and I'm like "No its not you (beep!)"

I suppose that's kinda true of everything though. . . after all, people hate Avril Lavigne but like Kelly Clarkson. . . despite the fact they sound EXACTLY THE SAME!!!! I suppose its because Avril pretended to be this punk chick and totally aired to the wrong demographic. Personally, I think both are some of the better artists to come out in the pop spectrum in a long time.

Comment

Lets see I like Greenday, Switchfoot, 3 Doors Down, Lifehouse, stuff like that!
      Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
      I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
      If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

Kittymeow, I Switchfoot!! I'm practically obsessed with them now. But other than that, I have so many differrent things I like, it's not funny. I like Bach, Allison Krauss, Nanci Griffith, Emmylou Harris, TobyMac, Norah Jones, Nickel Creek, Tchaikovsky, Cherish the Ladies, Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack, and Evanescence. So I have varied tastes, to say the least.
        Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

Working...
        X