Watch a Barbie movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M said:
    My little pony?! what?! Someone has GOT to ask DD about this stuff...
    You know that the Owlsprings site has a list (not up to date) of what DD's written, don't you? It doesn't list Fairytopia, and Ring of the Nibelungs is listed as Kingdom in Twilight, but the ponies are there.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Is it just me, or are some of the dates on that site a year behind? It lists W@W for October 2004! (I wish.) And A Wizard's Holiday for October, 2003.

I don't see what's wrong with Fairytopia or My Little Pony. I can sing the somgs from the commercials... "My little pony, my little pony, you'll always be in my heart."...but that's just me. And I really don't mind watching little kid stuff. I have (counts them as the run through her room, wrecking it) three younger siblings, so I kind of have to deal with it.

Still, it does seem a little strange for DD to be writing stuff about fairies and magic and...uh, or then again, maybe it's perfectly normal.
      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
      "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

There's nothing WRONG with My Little Pony or Fairytopia exactly... it's just kinda... different.... *ducks out of conversation*
        I thought Holiday was in October 2003?
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

Ok: I did know where a section of that episode was posted on the internet, but here is a few more MLP excerpts.

stuff

Looking through that list of what DD has written, I saw this.

for TERCEL INC., Los Angeles: DRAGONFLIGHT (with Anne McCaffrey): screenplay for feature film, 1985
          That would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon:
            I'm gonna bring it up at the next DD chat if someone reminds me. Reminds me to do that and _come_ to the chat. XD
            Well, you were in the chat, and I reminded you, and you were being busy whispering to someone!

Peter Murray DD: Did you see the topic about the Barbie Fairytopia film? I suppose that was you - does that help with funding Raetian Tales?
            Peter Murray or don't Mattel pay too well? (Can I ask that?)
            Diane Duane PM -- As I said: "We do strange things to feed our cats."
            Diane Duane PM -- No, they pay fine!
            -- from my transcript of May's chat.

Followed by:
            kaiba4ever DD, did you write a Barbie movie or sumthin? Theres a topic on it....
            Gryphon Fairy topia!
            Gryphon fairytopia
            Rad hee
            Gryphon something like that, anyway
            Gryphon hehe
            Diane Duane Kaiba -- My name does seem to be associated with that, it's true.
            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I find it kind of unnerving...... Spiderman and Star Trek okay.

But Barbie!!! You know, fairies and pretty dresses. I'm scared

Comment

hehehe, if I dress up for Halloween I'm going to be "trashy barbie" hehehehehehhehe
                *high fives Poot*
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

I used to live with this 4 year old girl. She would make me watch Barbie movies with her *pulls out her blond hair* I thought I would go insane after the first 20 times we watched the same movie. You don't know how happy I was when she got a new movie, Lion King 1/2, to watch 20 times.
                  Lover of Most Books...
                  Finder of Lost Things...
                  Eater of all Sweet Stuff...
                  Wonder of the West...

Comment

i just read the plot summary for this movie and it is kinda simular to YW at least to me having not seen the movie which i will rent since i like fairies and it sounds interesting to me

Elina is a flower fairy who discovers that her home of Magic Meadow has been overcome by a horrible malady (simular to the lone power?) that is killing the flowers and making the fairies unable to fly. With the help of Bibble, a puffball (fred from So you want to be a wizard?) and a giant butterfly named Hue she attempts to find Azura, a Guardian Fairy.(seior wizards) She's challenged along the way by the evil Laverna (lone power? or worker) who wants to usurp the Enchantress (powers that be)

that is just what it reminded me of and sometimes writers don't get to pick there projects or they get offers that they have to pick which ones they want to work on more than others

heres a list of other works from DD from other thread about this http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0239032/
                    Last edited by Wizardprincess; January 17, 2010, 12:12:47 AM.

Comment

Okay, first of all, the reason I know all this is that my younger sister watched it every single day when she was younger! So.

Bibble might be Fred- he flys, he makes funny sounds, he's very round and he helps save the day. Although he's blue and he's sort of a pet.

I don't quite remember the malady...I think it makes things dead and sickly-looking. Entropy? Possibly. But I wouldn't go that far. I think it's just an evil spell thingy.

Elina, though, is definitely not a wizard-type since rather than having special powers, she lacks them (the ability to fly). This story is more of a outcast-saves-the-day than person-with-powers-saves-the-day.

Laverna is your typical Barbie villain. Wants power, has evil magic, clever but oddly non-logical (hero defeats easily). She is outcast, though, so possibly a type of Lone Power.

DD? My Little Pony? *giggle* Wow. Contrast My Little Pony with the titanic good-and-evil battles in YW. Snort. Sugar Rainbow Pegasus Pony takes on vampire cab. Not a pretty sight.

Comment

Working...
                      X