The Iraq war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Iraq war

I have a friend whose uncle was killed overseas and he is in a real slump. I have a standing on this subject and I hope that you will tell me your standings as well. I think that Bush, the war starter, should be burned at the stake. I mean, although the government can pay for pretty much anything, but the cost of war is thousands of lives take. Is that the impression that the U.S. wants to leave on this world? Soon it won't be a prime place for immigration, but a war torn battlefeild. I have a good friend overseas as well with his pregnant wife staying in Italy. This is a subject that I think should be talked about NOW. Now a poem that my brother wrote.

During summer, dark or light. All the people have to fight. Overseas they try to please. But die before the returning flight.

Ask yourself this one question. Is this idotic war worth the cost of so many lives? This must stop my friends and somthing should be done. NOW.
    Elmo know were you live. Elmo know were lots of people live. Elmo have phonebook.

When Jesus said love your enemies, I'm pretty sure he said don't kill them.

I ask this in chat whenever we get on politics PLZ NO BUSH BASHING ETC NO POLITICS.And my cuzz and or sis might get sent over ok.
    The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
    DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

When there's politics, there's always Bush bashing. Sorry Small.

Most people agree that, though the war should've never started, they can't pull out now. This guy, dunno his name, is resolute in the beleif that we should; there's no alternative. We may just be getting ourselves deeper in a war we'll never find out way out of. I don't know what I beleive anymore, becides that the whole thing was a screw up.

Bush shouldn't be burned at a stake. Not literally, at least. :P That's a terrible way to die.

What's sad is that Bush was like, "Opposition should shut their mouth; you're demoralizing the troops." WTH??

*Huggles* for your cousin and or sister. I have a friend whose brother is over there, and last year, a teacher's son died from a car bomb. I hope they make it back safe.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Okay, I don't know anyone that's in or ever will be in Iraq, or at least I don't think I do.... So I don't have any family reasons to be mad at Bush, or the war, but on this, I actually have an opinion that makes some sort of sense (as opposed to the Israel/Palestine discussion where my thoughts were screwed up horribly... *coughs*) WE SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE INTO THIS WAR IN THE FIRST PLACE. And yes, I say we, as in the U.S. It wasn't just Bush, this is a new realization... As much as I HATE Bush, his politics, his ideas, his thoughts, his existence, his vocabulary, and his very bad english... It really wasn't just Bush that got the U.S. into this. A lot of people (I don't know how many and I don't know WHY) thought that we should go to war with Iraq before the war started. Given, it wasn't a vast majority of the country, I think that most of us were either neutral or they thought it was a bad idea, but enough people thought it was a good idea or were on the fence (which can be seen either way to the President) that they (the military, government, Bush, whoever) thought they could get away with it and the country would support them. They were very very wrong. My guess (and this is just a guess people, even though I think I heard it... somewhere...) is that we've spent and lost more than we've gained. I know Bush said that this wasn't really for our own personal gain, he made some pitch that it was to get rid of the weapons of mass destruction (they found NOTHING.) It was a good thing they found Saddam or Bush would probably be out of office.... or maybe it wasn't such a good thing then... ahem, just kidding... yeah... Anyways, when it turned out that there were NO weapons of mass destruction, Bush made some pitch that the REAL reason we were invading Iraq was to fight the war on terrorism and to spread democracy or something like that, but everyone's heard the rumors, and frankly, I think they make a lot of sense. Rumor #1: Bush was there for oil. This seems like the most likely rumor (Bush IS a Texan after all.) Of course, that wasn't the ONLY reason for invading Iraq, Bush isn't THAT dumb (although he's pretty close) he really did think there were weapons of mass destruction there (again with the "dumb" thing...) and he probably had something in mind about spreading democracy, I think almost every President has tried to intefere with other country's governments, or lack of governments... I could be wrong about that, but in the 20th/21st century I think that's about right... Especially Vietnam... It's not always a bad thing, but sometimes it probably would be better NOT to invade the country... Vietnam.. *cough cough* "Oh yeah, we'll be out there in a few months" sure... Sorry, off topic again. Rumor #2: Bush invaded Iraq to "avenge" his father. Well "avenge" might not be the right word.... but he could've had some personal thing that involved his father, I don't know. It doesn't seem all that likely as an actual cause, more like an added benefit...
        Whatever the reasons for Bush deciding to go to Iraq, we're there and we've got to deal with it. We've already helped Iraq "establish" their democratic government, it's basically just a pointless desert war now. Or at least, that's how it seems to me. I haven't been paying too much attention to the war in the past few months or so, so fill me in if I'm missing anything. But I personally think that we NEED TO PULL OUT. We've been in Iraq, and a lot of other countries for too long. There was one country in Africa (I THINK, I can't remember the name of the country) that Clinton invaded in '95 and said we would only be there for less than a year. We're still there, ten years later. *shakes head* I think we need a serious government reformation, or at least a better President. I don't think we've had a good president since Roosevelt... Or at least not a great president (Reagan and Kennedy were OK and Clinton too... in the political sense, but they weren't great, or even that good) right now, we need a GREAT president.
        And there's my two cents... might actually reply again to this one if things get interesting, because I actually KNOW stuff about this. Although I could've researched my info, I was really just wracking my brain for things I've heard or seen on the news/newspapers...
        Oh, and btw, I could probably fit this in somewhere else but I'm too lazy: THE U.S. IS VERY PIGHEADED!! For anyone who doesn't know this, the U.S. called french fries "freedom fries" for almost a YEAR because France wouldn't help us with Iraq. But that didn't catch on so we've gone back to french fries. Just a little piece of trivia for people...
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

Ok, I didn't read your entire post M, but a lot of people belived everything Bush said about Iraq and the WMD. However there were a TON of protests before the war started. I went to one with my familia. Bush just didn't listen to the people who didn't support him.
          The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
          I promise not to funfun anymore
          Be happy cause life is good

Comment

:/ That's sick. If you're a president, you're the president for the people, all of them. There's no discrimination between republicans and democrats; you represent and work for everyone. Again and again, when Bush sees a loss of support, he goes back to playing to his home base: the conservatives.

And shouldn't we be able to trust our president? Why do we have to have a government built off support gained by lies? They've got their doubt coming for them now that Libby has been charged for leaking a CIA name. Whatsername (Plame?) was the wife of some other politician who was talking bad about Bush's war. Her name was indirectly (The CIA wife of so and so) released in the newspaper, and she can't work undercover anymore. It doesn't take two brain cells to put it all together. Libby got Plame's name from Cheney..., but I don't know the context.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

W/E How wuld you like it if i started a democrat bashing topic?!?!?!?!?!?!?
              DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This isn't a republican/conservative bashing topic, it just so happens that there is some of that here.... lol, this is on the Iraq War, so if you want to talk about the republican or conservative views of the war, tell us!

<span class="ev_code_RED">WARNING: BUSH BASHING AHEAD </span> (see? now you don't actually have to look at it Small Town )

"And shouldn't we be able to trust our president?" YES!!! Thank you Gryphon! People might think that Bush is a "stable" President that we can count on now (or so I've heard) we don't know what he's going to do, he's unpredictable. If Bush wants to do something that the people don't support, he's probably going to do it anyway if he has more than just the Texans supporting him. But Bush doesn't care about the vast majority, voting, democracy thing. *roll eyes*
                *Agent~M*
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "I could live

Comment

Small, go ahead and do it here, I don't care. Do you disagree with anything we say? Tell us here, you don't have to make a new topic for it; this isn't an "anti-war" only topic. But what you have to realize is that people have a lot of different opinions, so yeah, they'll say stuff that might offend you. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that everyone else should shut up; I'm an American; I violently support free speech, and to do otherwise amounts to censorship, which, everyone here strongly opposes.

Also, we don't just say "I hate Bush" -- we usually have a reason to go along with it, and we don't pull our reasons out of the air either. *shrugs*

Comment

This war is an idiotic thing that must be silenced- Dashiell of the wind
                    In order to stop this thing there must be peacful protest. THAT is what nearly all my teachers say. When they say peaceful protest there has been sooooo much of that already so I think it's time for action. To the millatary base! HA! HA! HA! HA! *holds up nuke remote* Ha! ha. he he he... hoooooo... Well sorry about that but that is what I think. Please tell me stuff that you think of what we should do. Oh and I am sorry if I have bush bashed becaused I know that not everyone on this forum is a democrat so later everybody.
                    Elmo know were you live. Elmo know were lots of people live. Elmo have phonebook.

Comment

Bush is the worst president. He has put us trillions of dollars into debt and started a war that was supposedly "won" almost a year ago.

every day more soldiers die. And we keep hearing of plans to pull them out of Iraq but none of them have been acted on yet.
                      ---------------------------------------
                      YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                      "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

Dude. I'm with ya mbf. The price of war cost LIVES man, not somthing that can be replaced with some green. And your right. That hillbilly dork has wasted soooooooo much money in this war while he could have spent it on me! *ahem* I mean on helping other people who are homless and stuff (seriously). I want this war to end and it will. I will personally see to it...

Comment

CASTROS NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!(anybody that likes him dont take this personaly)

Comment

Heh, Castro's next? Try, and lose like you did last time. (Bay of Pigs Invasion)

The Iraq War was only made to make a few rich people richer.
                            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                            ------------------------------------------------------------
                            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

"It's a scary feeling not knowing if your dad is ever going to see you again"
                              Not a choice of words you usually see...
                              *huggles* I'm glad I don't know anyone in the War. I know too many people with cancer, but only two with chances of dying... one that will almost surely die. It's sad, really sad, but it's natural. Having someone fit and alive and ready to live another 20 years... *shakes head* If it's for a good cause, especially defense, I'm fine with war, but the Iraq War... pointless for the most part, Char's right, they can do it themselves. Personally, I think that Churchill was right when he said "democracy is the worst form of government except all the other ones that have been tried." It's not great, but it's the best one out there so far. Imperialism sucked, the Church as a part of State SUCKED, and communism was a good idea, it just turned into more of a dictatorship in most places. But Iraq needs to figure that out for themselves, and maybe they can come up with something better, I really don't think Bush is a good influence on them.

(SCREW PARAGRAPHING!!)
                              *Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

Working...
                              X