No announcement yet.

Manga/Comics/Bandes Dessinée

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I SAID nothing was explicit. That means nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS SHOWN. (much to the sadness of the fangirls and fanboys like me). Thewre is NO SEX in Clamp, just the relationships.It's not pervy

Comment

ok...But I do read Clamp...and not all of them are
      homosexual... *snez* ...
      but...
      *walks away slowly...*

Comment

I didn't say all of the relations were homosexual! Do you enjoy twisting my words? That's right walk away from me, if you have no tolerance for homosexuals: that would make you a bigot. Why would homosexuality be scary to you, pray tell?

Comment

Now, now, children. Calm down.

This is a thread for discussion of comics/manga. Please don't derail off on assumptions.

Slash, to answer an earlier question of yours, I like reading books with sex in, because as an adult, I'm aware of how sex can just be a part of life. As a teenager, your case is very different. But I often find that I enjoy a good Nora Roberts novel, and I see nothing wrong with that. You may not want to leap to assumptions about what's right for other people to read from your personal tastes.

Tobias, where you get from someone not personally wanting to be squicked out by same-sex story to calling them a bigot is also jumping the gun. Gender preferences and erotic material are highly personal matters. Someone can be completely for gay rights and having gay marriages acknowledged by both church and state and yet not wish to read gay sex scenes or about gay relationships for their personal amusement.

Also, you're a newbie. We love having you, but you may want to read over previous postings to get a sense of who you're talking to. Just because you need to get onto a computer to use a message board doesn't meant that you aren't talking to other people. I doubt you'd call a total stranger a bigot in real life. You shouldn't be doing that here.

Ok, enough lecturing from the mod. Back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

You mean Legal Drug? My friends have been buying the manga, and that's what they've been titled. By Clamp. Do they have other translated version or what? You kinda know there's something going on between the two guys... but it's not that big, y'know? And I think the main charrie is straight, but I'm not that far in the series.

Because of my friends (who I <3 dearly) I accept yoai just like that. But before them, I was okay with gay rights, etc, even had a gay friend, but... uhh... reading gayness was a little disturbing. Now they've even gotten me to read an mpreg fanfic they wrote, so.. lol (I was laughing)
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Fruits Basket or Furuba is also really popular. I'm hooked on it myself. Some might think Tohru is a Mary Sue or watever they call it though. But the plot is nice. The manga is better then the anime.

Comment

I like Dramacon and Tokyo Mew Mew
                Help I am being led around by a leash by my sis Dreamer Mage. >.<

Comment

My fav. Manga is Pita_ten and Tokyo Mew Mew and Air Mage ... your I-con is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute ^_^

Comment

heeeeeeeello! dreamer, i love furuba! it's my favorite manga. XD. i don't think honda is a mary-sue, because mary-sues are "perfect" and tohru has a lot of imperfections. like being clumsy, or stuttering, or being a little absent-minded. but maybe her really sweet personality makes people think she's a dunce...:P anyway, i wannna drop by cedric soon, so dai all!

-peri

Comment

to tell the truth,i only like fullmetal alchemist,mainly cuse i can find it every where...

~~~mousewashere~~~
                      "that was soo funny, i dont even know what you said"
                      "in other news,i got hit with a flying cow doll...yes...a flying cow doll...STOP LAUGHING"
                      rule #1532 of life: dont sell your soul on ebay!- YW chat
                      www.artgrounds.com
                      goooo thereeeeeeee D:<

Comment

What I really want to know is Tohru's secret. She seems tormented everytime she thinks of her mom and dad, I mean I know she died but it seems like there's something else involved but book 15 doesnt come out 'till December.

Comment

tobiast88 said:
                          Clamp is rated 16 and up because they often portray homosexual relationships. Oh shock. Nothing explicit, and the implicit goes the whole range: extreme innuendo, like Lawful Drug, or bare hints, like CCS.
                          I love Tsubasa, but when they got to THAT world... I worshipped it. We get to see Nataku again!!! *loves nataku*
                          So the Evangelion manga is back? And Kaworu makes a move on Shinji?? *faints* *imagines extreme yaoi* *does not resist like kaiba4ever*
                          And really, loopk for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, coz it's awesome. Creepy and disturbing, but awesome.
                          Whoa, you just totally read my mind. O_O Except that Legal Drug isn't extreme innuendo. Fuuma licking Kamui's tears and molesting him in X/1999 is. Tsubasa was rather silly and didn't live up to CLAMP's standards at all... until the gang went to... Tokyo! I started shrieking and fell out of my chair when I first saw that. XD *insert outrageous Subaru/Kamui/Fuuma fangirling here* Oh, and I second that Higurashi is awesome. The anime just ended... T_T The Higurashi manga even better though (Keiichi in nekomimi is so hawt XD). If only I could speak/read Japanese and play the actual game, though...

slash said:
                          Does some one here read Chobits, I don't I herd it was ... well you know ... WHY IS IT ALL OF CLAMPS BOOKS ARE LIKE 16 AND UP?
                          well you know not all are but a good heaping is!
                          And I was at the new Barns and Nobils and I saw a Chobits book...that girl on the front page has baerly close on!
                          Because CLAMP is a famous group of beloved/loathed evil perverted genius women who only include subtle hinting and fanservice to torment and torture their fans to point of insanity. They're pros at it, too. >_< *rips eyes out in frustation in waiting for them to finish X/1999*

Only one well-known and finished CLAMP manga does not have a homosexual couple, and that series is Chobits. I'm a huge CLAMP fangirl, and I've read almost every single darn CLAMP series both published and not, so I'd probably know. XD Gohou drug isn't actually considered BL/yaoi, however implied it seems to be.

About Furuba... Tohru isn't perfect, nor a mary-sue character. Though she definitely does seem that way, especially at first. Tohru is a very brave and strong character who isn't nearly as vain or happy or stupid as I initially thought she was. She forces herself to act the way that she does in order to keep on moving forward. Anyway, the recent chapters of Furuba are absolutely awesome. By "recent", I mean volume 20-ish and up. Seriously though, this series has become quite awesome. All you people who wait for the English releases, you have something to look forward to. XD

Comment

People are really weird when it comes to homosexual relationships, Slash. I don't think they should be demeaned liek they are, but becayse they are, you'll have to make your own assumations or descisions or whatever. I don't really follow the "16 and up" stuff; I'll read it if I think I can handle it. And so far, I've been perfectly fine. It just depends on how much you think you can take, not the age range on the back of the book. When I was about five or so, I got bored of the kiddie section in the library and helped myself to the young adults titles. (but I still love picture books...) Never read a book you KNOW you can't deal with; always try out a book you're curious about.

-peri

Comment

Never read a book you KNOW you can't deal with; always try out a book you're curious about.
                              Heh, I like that! I like it when libraries stock somewhat "edgy" comics that I want to try but not sure I want to buy.

If I can briefly change the subject to non-manga comics, I wonder if one of you might be able to help me.

A while ago, dd mentioned on her blog that she had written a script for a Green Lantern comic. I've tried to purchase the comic for a friend who is both a big fan of dd and a big fan of the Green Lantern. Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere! I asked two local comics stores and they think perhaps it was never made into a comic. I also checked two comics price guides and couldn't find "Social Occasion" in the list of Green Lantern or Green Lantern Corps stories. I'm about ready to give up, but I thought I'd ask-- do any of you know something about this comic that I don't know?

I'd be very grateful for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by talkingbeast:
                                A while ago, dd mentioned on her blog that she had written a script for a Green Lantern comic. I've tried to purchase the comic for a friend who is both a big fan of dd and a big fan of the Green Lantern. Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere! I asked two local comics stores and they think perhaps it was never made into a comic.
                                DD said in a chat that she doesn't think it was, either, though it was drawn.

Diane Duane: PM -- Though I believe I have the art, I'm not sure it actually saw print: I'm still checking on that.
                                Diane Duane: The DC universe was just undergoing its first reset at that point.
                                Peter Murray: Oh, so it might never have happened.
                                Diane Duane: PM: They paid me. The check cleared. As far as I'm concerned it happened.
                                Diane Duane: PM -- I have the inked pencils. In storage, somewhere.
                                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X