No announcement yet.

Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emi: Apple say 24 hours of music playing for the iPod nano.. no idea if that will be long enough, because I don't where you're dirving from. Why not invest in a charger you can plug into the car? They can't be that pricey and would also be useful.

kk: awesome mermaid :-)
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Disneyland was a blast! My brothers enjoyed it. It was their first time so it was new for them. We went to the circus on Saturday and that is always fun. And Monday was my Birthday! My mom surprised me by taking me to an expensive restaurant and I got a new cell phone. It was a great weekend. I hope my family can have more of them.
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Wilf: Thanks!

Emi: In total, it took about a full day, plus some time to hot-glue the tail and head back on when they both fell off. It would have taken longer, but the head was already made; and it took less time because I hot glued everything.

Spyells: Happy B-day!

So apparently I didn't have to pass out from lack of oxygen to skip dance class. I'm out of both dance and acting now, because I pulled a muscle in my left leg, and am now on crutches for a couple of days. And the camp is only til the end of the week.

It somehow worked out, though, that I'm able to participate in all of the fun classes, like singing, crafts, puppets, etc, while I get to skip my least favorite (the acting and dance ones). I'm happy about it, in a way, but my leg does really hurt...

It's funny, because people have been randomly running up to me and yelling "OMG, WHAT HAPPENED?!"
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Wilf: Thanks!! Yeah, it'll be enough... I believe the drive is at least 14-17 hours depending on traffic. I'm coming from NH.

Spyells: Glad you had a fun time at Disney!! And Happy Birthday!!!

kk: You lucked out big time. Although it is unfortunate that you had to get injured... Hope your leg gets better!!! Please don't die from lack of oxygen. Haha.

I'm leaving tomorrow!!! Hopefully I'll be able to come on while I'm down in NC.
          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Emi: Nah, I won't die from lack of oxygen. Maybe lack of good reading material, before I get BD, but I'll be able to put up with it for 8 or so more days. I did just get three new books at the library...

Part of the mermaid's head fell off, so I had to glue it back on. It looks a bit messy, but it'll work. I only need it to hold together until tomorrow, which is when the puppet show is.
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Last night, I rented the tux with tails that were the last remaining costume for The Sound of Music. Both times I needed it were a quick change -- a matter of about a minute. The first time, instead of entering in time to provide an excuse for "So Long, Farewell", I walked in at the _end_ of the song. The second time, I forgot to set up the quick change, so had to run to the wardrobe closet, fly to the place backstage with the blocked-off corner, and then get out. Instead of arriving at the beginning of the "Do-Re-Mi" reprise, I got there at the end of "Edelweiss" -- and I was supposed to be there to bring the audience in for the second time through.

We have tonight's rehearsal, and then a matinee Sunday, to get it right. Wish me luck. :-)
              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Garrett: Good luck on your show!!! Break a leg. Sorry, I can't make it though. I'll be down in North Carolina for a week, and I doubt my mom will let me drive to Maine. Even though it's like an hours drive away...

kk: What is the mermaid made out of anyway?!?!

I'm leaving tonight. I hope I'll be able to come one sometime with in the next week.

See you laterz!
                Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

The mermaid is made out of a really cheap foam material that the camp leader got at a low price. It's basically a hodge-podge of several different types of foam all squished into a flat sheet of it. It falls apart really easily, and the only thing that can fix it is hot glue, so it is now basically coated with it.

The song leader person's husband comes to the camp to help out, and it seems kind of sweet. Any time the two of them are in the room at the same time, they just seem to glow. It's nice. And when they sing together, [Ieveryone[/I] is suddenly very quiet, and the applause is extremely loud.

But then most of the campers have joined this group thing where they all agree that they just hate the song leader. They're really mean to her, it's not fair! She's nice! And now they hate her, just because she said that they need to work a little bit on their puppetry.

I think she's cool.

I have to go, I'm @ church (AGAIN!)...
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Originally posted by Emi:
                    Spyells: Glad you had a fun time at Disney!! And Happy Birthday!!!
                    Thank you guys for the Birthday wish. It's funny because I don't feel seventeen at all.

Garrett: Good luck with your show.

I just got my packet in the mail for my senior year. I still have a month of vacation left but I already know when my registration is.
                    Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                    Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Thanks to all for the best wishes. :-) We did a parade this morning, and we were all singing songs that we didn't really know, because we don't sing them in the show, but we knew them from years with the movie. :-)
                      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Sounds like everybody has had interesting summers that are still continuing.

The weekend after we got out from school I got to sleep after that it has been nonstop since then. The week after school ended was the week of my dance recital so lots of prep with that. The week of June 16-20 I worked Cub Day Camp assisting on the BB range. Then on June 22 my contract started at the best scout camp ever CAMP SHANDS!!!!!!! Sadly my contract ended Saturday with the end of Boy Scout summer camp but Im going to staff there again next summer. So now Im not doing much now until the 20th of August when school starts again.
                        The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
                        DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

Working...
                        X