Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer

What plans do you guys have for summer? I'm going to go to Disneyland. I'm probably going to spend a lot time at the movies and hanging out with my friends. Also my birthday is on July 21 so I'm probably going to do something for that. So what about you guys, what are your plans for the summer?
    Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
    Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

I think I'm going to NYC...I think...either that or a family reunion, but that'd be fun also...I have a very pyromaniacal cousin...Muahahaaa...

Plus I'm working for my church through July. Maybe longer, depending on whether the elders find a permanent person for the job...which I'm guessing they wont.
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

No plans as of right now....

The only thing I think I might do is to go back to the day camp I had been going to. In 2006, I was thirteen, the oldest I could be to go there. Last summer, I was too old to go, and I decided that I'd take a break. But this year (and I could have last year, too, but again, I wanted a break), I can go back as a junior counselor.... But to do that I have duties like doing bathroom trips during lunch, helping the younger kids when it's time for swimming.... I don't know about that. I don't know if it's too late now, either.... But I really miss it there and I do want to go back, even if it is for this last year....
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Senior week! The week immediately following graduation, I'm going to the Poconos with some friends. We rent a house for a week and crash. I think we get a pool table and a lake and passes and everything I'm excited. But unfortunately, we're all going to starve, because no one among the eight of us knows how to cook. >< buuu

And then I get to see my relatives in MO! I'm really looking forward to that I love them and miss them so much :/

Oh, and getting a job and getting published (I wish!) to pay for college. >< I need free money!
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Well...I graduate on June 8th, and turn 18 a few days after that, so I get to hear the lecture about actually becoming an adult several times this summer. Fun stuff.

Hopefully (if tonight goes well) I'll be babysitting full time for these two boys, ages 6 and 8. One of them has autism, and the other might have it...they're kind of challenging kids. I've watched them once before, and they didn't really seem to like me all that much...but their mom wants me to give it another try, so I'm going back tonight to watch them again. They pay really well too.

Ummm...before graduation I'm going to hang out with some friends at a cabin for a couple of days. XD Sort of like Gryph's doing...only we've got someone in charge of food already, and anyway, all of us are good at cooking.

Well...no longer babysitting tonight, since I just got a phone call. That's...annoying. The kids got invited to a birthday party today. Argh...I could have used the money too.

Anyway...yeah, going on vacation later in June with the family, which is going to be amazing. I'm trying to enjoy that kind of thing now, because seriously...who knows how much longer I'll be able to go out of town for a week in the summer with my family and just relax? I'm pretty close to my family, so it's going to be hard without them next year at college.

Then...I go to college on August 17 (or 20th, not really sure which because of cross country.) So my summer's kind of shorter than a lot of my friends who don't go to school until September.

Comment

kk, I have never been to NYC. I hope you have fun. My family has a reunion in June of 2009. It's going to be in Chicago. We aren't for sure if we're going yet.

Eric, I've been to camp three times. Once in summer, once in winter, and once in fall. I hated it. Let's just say I don't do well in the outdoors.

Gryphon, I'm going to be a senior next year. I can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaait to graduate. Of course I'm afraid of all of the responsibilities that I will now have but I'm already looking forward to college and my future career.

seabiscuit1009, too bad you got that phone call. I need cash myself. I had thought about working this summer but my mom (who just became a registered nurse three months ago) wants to do a bunch of stuff this summer. We weren't able to do anything while she was in school because there wasn't any money. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Comic-Con. The one constant in my life. I've been attending that thing since I was younger than most of you. I'm also contemplating attending Worldcon in Denver, but I don't have any concrete plans. And, of course, I'll still be working.

Enjoy your summer vacations--you really don't have that many left...
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Well (I really like that word, don't I?), I'll be going to Explorations camp. I'm not sure if I talked about i before. They pretty much offer you a million and one different choices of what to do. 3 activities every day (the same 3 ones for two weeks), and then you get to choose another 3 for the third and fourth weeks. I learned guitar there, along with matrices, photoshop, maya (3D movie making), flash, lego robotics, building computers, beginner gamemaking, and oh, so much more. Then I'm going to Folie Technique, a play on words of the actual building, l'école Polytechnique. (ascience and engineering camp)
                "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                -Terry Pratchett
                Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

vashmata, that sounds cool. I would go to camp if I got all of those choices. And you learned some useful things from it. I still wish I knew how to use Photoshop, especially to make images. I had even thought about making games at one point for my future career. But I'm not good with technology so I changed my mind. Does the camp offer piano lessons?

Comment

I'm not sure about all their courses, but if you want to check it out go to the Explorations website. It's certainly a good camp. Their front page says: "Challenging activities for Kids by Professionals".
                    "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                    -Terry Pratchett
                    Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

I just remembered something else I'm doing this summer!

I'm going to "Creative Arts Camp," which is a camp run by my church's music and art director. It teaches puppetry, music, painting, and other artistic things. Last year was fun...we painted the church's auditorium with stars and galaxies...and hung giant papier mache planets from the ceiling...and made a set of what looked like the inside of a spaceship from a movie on the stage, and left it there for a couple of months...
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Originally posted by vashmata:
                        I'm not sure about all their courses, but if you want to check it out go to the Explorations website. It's certainly a good camp. Their front page says: "Challenging activities for Kids by Professionals".
                        I just checked out the site. It looks like fun. And there are a lot of activities to do.

kk, I've always been terrible in art. I'm a good writer so I can do that kind of art, but when it comes down to painting and drawing I can't even make stick figures look right.
                        If you're not good in art does that camp make it easier? Or do you already have to be good in art?

Comment

Um what I'm going to do this summer? Work... and check out Colleges in NC and FL (possibly). Might stop by NY on the way to NC. But i'm going to Los Angeles in the fall....

Uh visiting granparents in NC as well...

And more work. not really sure what I'm going to be doing.
                          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Spyells: The camp doesn't really matter how good you are in art; they have instructors teaching various skills, and giving you advice.

When they taught the dance, though, that would have taken skill...which in dance, I have none of. And I have excercise-induced asthma...so I nearly passed out on the first day of the dance instruction, and had to sit that out for the rest of the week, which was fine with me...I don't really like dancing.

The fun part is the puppetry, and that's easy enough. The church has a real puppet stage that they set up, and they have puppet competitions: winner gets money, or a prize or something. Last years song that they did the puppets to was "The Saga Begins" by Weird Al. That was funny...especially 'cause of the appearance of the puppets. One had insane white hair like the pictures of Einstein (except it had wings); the other looked like a game show host, and the third was dressed like Jesus (well, it is a church. Funny seeing "Jesus" singing "The Saga Begins," however).
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I'm going on a missions trip with my church. Besides that, I'm doing Swim Team and Marching Band. Between that and visiting colleges, it takes up pretty much my whole summer.
                              Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

Working...
                              X