No announcement yet.

YW Member Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my god, if it was ever 38 degrees here I think I'd die.

Yeah, this is why I could never, ever move to Australia, ever. Or maybe Sydney, but still.

Mm, Christmas on the beach... we don't want no holly, or no mistletoe/we don't want no christmas trees or artificial snow/ We don't want no snowman made of cotton wool/ We're not a bunch of fools!

Christmas on the beach, Christmas on the beach, Pack your picnic hamper up, we're gonna have a feast/Underneath the huge Pohutukawa tree/Christmas on the beach....

Yes, okay, so I really do love my country a little much. We don't do Christmas on the beach, but we go up to the beach for the week following- we used to do the beach thing at a friend's house, but then her son died and it kind of broke her heart. So now we just stay home and count blessings.
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

You mean 38 degrees is too COLD for you? Are you CRAZY!? Sorry, I didn't mean that in a mean way, but for me cold is like negative degrees. I mean, we go out to recess unless it's below zero, and we haven't gotten a snow day for like two years even though it's nice and cold and snowy. Well, we are kinda crazy where I live. We get below zero in the winter and then some 90 degree days in the summer. The best of both worlds. Or the worst, whichever way you care to think.
      The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
      I promise not to funfun anymore
      Be happy cause life is good

Comment

I don't FEEL cold. I go out with a T-shirt in 0 degrees
        Light jacket in -12. (celcius)

Bored. I'm going to try to re-read the TOGR again.

Comment

AHAHAHAH no, NZ is colder than Aussie. Aussie is hotter than... just about everywhere... exept maybe, like, California, or the Sahara, or something. There's a REASOn most of it is this GINORMOUS DESERT. 38 would be too hot for me.

So, what point does water freeze on in Fahrenheit?
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit, and boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit. Personally, I believe the Fahrenheit system is stupid. Celcuis is much better. The Entire Metric System is better. Hahaha! Take that Imperial System worshipers!
            "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

This is pretty off-topic, but I have to say it: Sunstar, where in heck did you get that avie? I LOVE it. True, I'm not Canadian, and I don't really know much about Star Trek (at least, I think that's what the ship is from), but it is AWESOME! It's just...perfect. I assume it fits you, but I don't know you very well so...yeah. Great avie.
              Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
              "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
              "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

I love it too.
                I made it myself in, Paint, if you can believe it. Using various copyrighted materials (just kidding). I'm even starting an improved version now, adding in a few more icons. Who knew you could fit so many things into a 103x95 pixel area.
                "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

38 is HOT?! HOLY CRUM!!!!! Sorry, just had to let that out. Didn't mean to yell at anyone in particular. As I said before I get the best of both worlds, so hot for me is like 90. Farenheit. Which is evil, because then you feel all tired and droopy and you can't do anything except for lie around or go swimming, and since I go swimming so much anyway, swimming just for fun isn't entirely fun to me. It's really kinda strange. I'll just be sitting in the pool and everyone else will be having fun and I'll be thinking "I should be doing something. Why am I not swimming laps? Something's wrong."
                  The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                  I promise not to funfun anymore
                  Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Cress: But 38C is hotter than 90F - it's about 100F. Australia switched to Celsius about 1972, just when we were leaving. I don't know when New Zealand switched over.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                    X