Geeky moments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stormwind
    I'm not any good in Math, but I love Chemistry and all the Sciences really, English is a strong suit, and I was at a College level of reading in elementary... So I guess I earned being called a Geek a few times. I've never really found it insulting. But I agree with an earlier post about someone only offering a dime to do their homework... did they think you didn't have any skills in calculating how much time it would take to do your homework and their's?
    I suck at chemistry. That's actually the first class ever that I actually had to study in order to get a good grade. And even then I would have had a B+ if our teacher wouldn't have curved the final score. I'm great at math though. My best subject!

People have asked me to do their homework for them. I'm like, I will if you want to get all your answers wrong. As I'll go through find the right answer and write down a wrong answer. No nobody really asks me a lot. I think some are afraid of what I might do to them :P.
    Visit KasChat Network!

Comment

Today at work, one of the guys I work with found out I have a 4.09 GPA and that I got a 34 on my ACT and started calling me 4.09. The whole time he was working. And making comments about how smart I was every two seconds. It was super obnoxious.
      The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
      I promise not to funfun anymore
      Be happy cause life is good

Comment

In my extended family on my dad's side (I don't really know anyone other than my grandmother on my mom's side) I'm considered 'the smart one'. Me and my cousin went to see V for Vendetta at the theaters (quite a few years ago know) and we were in the car and I was talking about the moving and where it stands in terms of literary and cinematography(I'm sure this word is somehow wrong, but I'm not certain what the right word is); from then on she describes me as 'the smart one'.

There are also references made on a daily basis by the girl who often sits next me in class: "there she goes reading her book again."

I'm a nerdy bookworm and I love it.

Cress: O.o...wow...I didn't know it was possible to get anything above a 4.00...although, I live in Canada (don't know what country you're in) so it may be that you just can't get above that here... (I'm usually between 3.3 and 3.6 myself.)
        Last edited by Tsakaki; March 13, 2009, 10:35:30 PM.

Comment

Cinamatography refers to film-specific sorts of things. Lighting, camera angles, that sort of thing. I think you're using it correctly. :3

Originally posted by Tsakaki View Post
          Cress: O.o...wow...I didn't know it was possible to get anything above a 4.00...although, I live in Canada (don't know what country you're in) so it may be that you just can't get above that here... (I'm usually between 3.3 and 3.6 myself.)
          Haha, I was thinking that exact same thing! (I finished highchool with a 4.0, but since then it has meandered around the 3.45 mark).

However, I am considered the "sort-of-smart-but-much-too-lazy" one of my family. Mum and dad are Doctors, mum is in upper management of the Calgary Health Region. My brother is a software engineer in Quatar (after 8 years in the military). One sister has a degree in behavioural neuroscience, and the other graduated HS at 15, got a PhD in computer engineering, and is now dancing professionally in Montreal.

I, on the other hand, DROPPED OUT of highschool at 15 and only went back and graduated in 2006 >.> (I'm 23.) Now I'm a uni student that changed majors this year from Political Science to Linguistics (braindead humanities you'll-be-workingat-mcdonald's degrees, according to my family.)

Whoah, sorry for the life-story moment.
          Last edited by Jacq; March 14, 2009, 01:41:37 AM.
          I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

Jacq: It's quite alright, I actually really enjoy learning other people's life-stories. Although, I just might use that as excuse to tell MY life-story. For all Graphic Designers are ego-maniacs, it just comes with the territory. :P

Oh, that makes me so happy. I admit, knowing I always just a few points away from 'perfect' always makes me feel good when I have a terrible mark in one class, or I look at someone else's work and think that it's so much better than mine. (I'm a college student in Graphic Design. A difficult program for an overly logical individual). Although, to be fair, I always think other people's work is better than mine, no matter what anybody says. An artist friend of mine tells me it's true of all artists. So I use that to pretend mine's not SO bad.

O.o....wow....yeah, me, my brother and my cousin are all attending college right now, whoever graduates first should be the first with a post-secondary diploma in our family. (I'm not certain about all my dad's siblings, but I don't think any of them went). Although, not for lack of intelligence. My dad could have easily went into math or some form of science and excelled, but instead of spending like 30,000 on school, he went into a trade to make that kind of money. (not insulting the trades, the trades rock).

Heh, if I changed programs my mother would murder me. Well, figuratively anyways. Seeing as she's paying for my college, I'd rather not tick her off. I'm torn between hating and loving my program. It's so ridiculously irritating and aggravating that I spend 90% of my day wanting to tear my hair out, but when I get to the finished product (usually anyways) it makes me happy. I'm also a walking contradiction and in some twisted little corner of my soul, love to be frustrated. Currently I'm at the hair-pulling stage and greatly wishing I went into English Lit. Both to be a writer (which I intend to do in my spare-time anyways, if I could only ever finish writing something I've started) and to be a novel editor. I've loved books for at least half my life, and sometimes find myself wondering why I didn't go that route instead.

*sighs* And here I go rambling again. Every time I do I feel the need to apologize for it. Oh, and I have now proved what I stated. Ego-maniacs, every last one of us.

Comment

My geekiest moments happened in elementary, since I've learned to tone it down a little now. Like when in 3rd grade they gave us a list of books to read over the summer and I handed it in to my teacher with the books I had read checked off, and she was like "Um, you were supposed to read the 3rd grade books, these are the 6th grade ones." Or in 5th grade, when I recited the entire bill of rights and their meanings from memory. My teacher gave me a very weird look. On the other hand, just last week, my teacher gave us a poem to memorize and I memorized it while she was explaining the assignment. Oh yeah, and I know Puck's monolougue by heart. Are those geeky enough?
              -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
              -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
              -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

Silverclaw: They're plenty geeky! It reminds of the time when in 9th grade we were reading the Chrysalids. I can't remember if we were doing a test, or questions for one of the chapters, but one of the questions would have had a different answer depending on what chapter in the book you were on, and I had read ahead. So I went up to ask her if she wanted me to answer it as though I hadn't read the later chapters or as though I had. She wasn't a very happy camper.

Comment

Ok, so I have had some pretty nerdy moments, and some pretty geeky moments. They aren't the same mind you. I can definitely relate to being the class dictionary, or having the librarian remark that I am in there almost more than she is. High school was a pretty nerdy time for me, not that I have changed that much.
                  But I felt soo nerdy when I realized that I was looking at textbooks in the college bookstore for fun. They had asked me what class I was looking for books for (like how some people scope out the books for a class the next semester) and I responded with"No thank you, I'm just browsing." *sigh* They gave me a very strange look and said to ask if I needed help, while their eyes implied that they clearly thought that I needed help. lol. I just like to learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X