What animal would you become?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What animal would you become?

In Deep Wizardry, Nita and Kit turn into whales. If you could become any animal, which animal would you choose?

I'd choose the dolphin, b/c they r my favorite animal. i love how they r so smooth and fast in the water. (i swim) my room is like a shrine to them i have so much dolphin stuff. also many sharks r scared of them.

Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~Les Brown
    Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

I would turn into a cat, or a bird. A cat so I could sneek around more, and a bird so I could fly, something I have always wanted to do.
    ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
    Yes I'm a witch, deal with it! So mote it be! My other car is a broom. Blessed Be! A.D.

Comment

I'm already an animal, what're you talking about? *licks paw and washes face with tail twitching playfully* Of course I'd be a cat, they rock! I'd love to be cute and fluffy with sharp teeth and claws Also there's that beautiful feline grace that cats have, they just seem to glide...
      "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
      Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

I wouldn't. For one thing, I'm perfectly okay with being human, and for another... remember when S'reee was warning Nita about getting "stuck" as a whale? It's not like you could just become an animal for fun, whenever you wanted- think of all the risks. If there was a good reason to change into another animal, I assume you wouldn't have too much of a choice as to which.

Risks and everything else aside, if I had a choice for whatever reason, I guess I wouldn't mind trying to be some type of bird (but just for a couple hours, at best). I'm not too big on the idea of being on all-fours, in general, and I have some vague, inexplicable fear of the ocean; I also doubt that I will ever convince myself to get on a plane, but at the same time, flying in general seems pretty cool. [Edit- I forgot to rule out bugs. I wouldn't want to be a bug, either, even if some of them can fly. I don't hate bugs, I'm just against being easily squished or eaten.]

And a small note to quelt- please, please don't use chatspeak. We really appreciate correct grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and all that. (Obligatory link to the Board FAQ here.)

Comment

i'd be a black and white bengal tiger, but i'd want my black stripes to look kinda blue in the light (so i'm a bit picky). they're really beautiful and i love cats, tigers, lions, and such. cats are awesome to me. plus, no one messes with tigers . or other big cats. but i wouldn't want to _stay_ a tiger. i like being human, but to be able to _change_ into one would be completely awesome.

Comment

If I had to be a real animal, I'd probably be a cat--and find out what my own cats have been thinking. Because they are rather clever creatures.

I'd prefer to be a dragon, though, if surreal animals work too. Flying, huge, AND breathing fire. Sounds good to me.
            ---
            Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

For those of you who don't know me, then I would want to be an eagle. Not stuck as one, but I'd think it would be so cool to soar above forests and dive to the ground with deadly force and avoid it swiftly.
              In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

If I could be changed in to an animal I'd want to be a dog, because I think that they're really cool. It would be neat to see if they really are color blind, and be able to use all their senses(smelling).

I love doggies, and I'd love to see what my dog sees every day.
                Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Perhaps I would be best as a porpoise or dolphin (what's the difference, anyway?).

Or..rather...squid? Nah. You know, maybe I would be a whale! If I wasn't a whale, I would be a deer. Or at least pretend I was a deer, I'm nowhere's near as graceful. Or beautiful. *shrugs* I'm going to have to think about this one a lot. I'll come back and edit this!
                  just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

i'd be a dragon. (if the magic to mystically turn into a dragon existed, who's the heck to say dragons don't, and i can't turn into one. :P) why? because i like dragons! *Figured everyone knew this by now* well, i like MY version of dragons anyways....quick to anger, sometimes, but quick to forgive, powerful, but graceful...generous (usually) but not kind to those who would take without permission...and VERY intelligent.
                    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

If I were an animal I would be a black jaguar because they are so strong and graceful. I think It woud be so cool to jump up into trees like they do, and be able to see at night.

(kurohyou -also kurohyo- means black jaguar/panther in japanese)

Comment

A white-tailed kite, Elanus leucurus. Because I'm a Californian. And because I think they're beautiful, I'm fascinated with raptors, and I'd love to be able to fly. Not to mention having red eyes is just cool. They're a personal obsession of mine, and I love to tromp up and down the back canyons in my neighborhood to see them.
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

There are two animals I would be debating between for different reasons.

The first, and more obvious one is of course, the turtle, specifically a sea turtle, since they're my favourites of the turtles, but any one of the turtle varieties (tortoise or terrapins too) would be nice. I've always been obsessed with turtles and it would be nice in a way, to see that point of view and understand better.

The second is probably the more amusing reason, and that's since recently I became interested in the legends and the stories behind the legends of the <A HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selkie" TARGET=_blank>
                          Selkie</A>A seal being able to transform into the human by shedding of the seal skin. Even more amusingly I looked into what the origin of these myths are, and its amusing Finns in kayaks. The whole selkie discussion began by people always calling Jono a selkie, then I realized after getting him interested in kayaking, that he was really one. In that whole, he's a Finn kayaker who has the obsession with the water and all that. And I'm even more of both a Finn and a kayaker. And it'd be amusing to be more selkie-like in form. Of course the stories of selkies are often depressing romances, but what about the home and life in the sea?
                          We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

i'd love to be able to change into a red-eyed tree frog. i've always thought they look so interesting with their big red eyes. i wouldn't want to _stay_ one though, just be one for a few hours at a time.
                            "Dear Artificer, I've blown my quanta and gone to the Good Place!" -Fred
                            "Bombs are good. I love bombs." -Iggy from Maximum Ride

Comment

After reading Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series, I'd have to vote for otter. Seregil makes a very good one, apparently. :-)
                              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Working...
                              X