No announcement yet.

What is your idea of paradise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I love where I am just now - my home, my pool, general place. I would have my entire family (which includes animals and pets) and my friends. Just like always. And my bookshelves would magically be able to fit all my books. I'd still want all the seasons, because endless summer wouldn't be wonderful, after awhile. I'd like to be able to go to places that I had always wanted to visit
    "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

Wow. I made this thread so long ago, that I've forgotten it. Hmm.... It seems like I made it aeons ago. Well, I promised to write what I think is paradise, or at least my paradise, so I will.

My paradise is somehow distant from what we would call city life. Its basically a large house covered in the colors of gold and silver. The windows are made of a lilac shade of glass, and surrounding the home is a field of red and purple flowers. (Red and purple are my favorite colors) Here, there is also a small pool carrying sparkling water and a few rainbow colored fish here and there. There are trees everywhere, and for some reason I keep dreaming about trees ~whispering~ to me, and telling me there thoughts and feelings. Inside of my house I have a few corridors, but there is one room that I particularly love. Inside of it there is only one thing, one book laying upon a book stand. Its contents hold the words of every book created, the contents are perfectly sectioned by genre and subject, and there's an interpretive option set so that I will always understand what I'm reading, no matter what language the contents are written in. There's more to add to this, but my paradise, for now, is my dream home. I'll post more soon, and maybe another new type of thread too.

Originally posted by Zirsta View Post
      My paradise would be a chain of smallish islands in the middle of an ocean. Lots of sand, books, and sun. Aaahhh...

EDIT:

KK: You don't get snow? I consider you lucky. I live in Alaska and get at least 2 feet of snow in the winter, usually more like 4 feet! Not to mention it starts in late October and doesn't melt till May! Except for this year. Snow that stayed on October 7. Then there was a windstorm and all the snow melted in the rain.
      I like yours Z. Its short, simple, to the point, and it describes perfect paradise! As long as the sea's near, I think I'll always have paradise.
      Last edited by Wiccangixie; January 19, 2009, 06:34:21 PM.
      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

My idea of timeheart. Well lets see. It would be very different then what has been described. Basically everything would be frozen in its purest, or most perfect form. Children would never grow up, flowers would never wilt, etc. People wouldn't really be physical forms, just kind of spirits. You could look however you wanted. No one would need to walk, you would just sort of float around. There would be no need for food, water, or sleep. Everyone would speak the speech, so everyone could communicate.There would be no violence, war, sickness, poverty, or death. It would be a never ending forest. In my mind, the trees would be frozen in the height of fall, in all the glorious colors, because that's my image of beauty. But, I'm sure it would look different to everyone. There would be hidden valleys, dark caves, majestic mountains, open fields, and a clear, blue ocean. It would always be pleasent, not cold or hot, with a slight breeze. However, so that there was variety, there would be parts of the forest where it was always rainy, a part where it always snowed, etc. Most of the forest would cycle through the day normally, but there would be parts where it was always one particular time. There would be a meadow where it was always early in the morning, a stretch of forest where it was always dusk, and a valley where it was always sunset. The forest would be so huge that you could wander for years without meeting another person, but it would be impossible to get lost. In the center there would be a city, but with no pollution, crowding, or crime. It would not be from any particular time, there would be castles and laboratorys and anything else you could think of. In the very center, there would be an enourmous library, which would contain every book, peom, play, essay, or song ever written, in any universe, in any language, regardless of whether they were published or not. The library would be like a forest itself, you could spend lifetimes there, and still only discover a tiny portion of it's secrets. One wing of the library would be for research. There would be countless rooms, each filled with people trying to discover the meaning of life, or the origin of the speech, or where dreams come from. And there would be one room, hidden away from the rest of Timeheart, where people of every age, race, and species, worked night and day, to bring the lone power back to timeheart.
        This isn't necescarily my vision of paradise, just the way I imagine Timeheart.

Whoa, I was feeling purple. For the nonwriting-geeks, that means overly descriptive and dramatic.
        Last edited by Silverclaw; April 13, 2009, 06:09:32 PM.
        -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
        -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
        -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

my idea of paradise on earth is a climate with just enough rain to keep nature thriving without spoiling my days, weather at least 67 each day, and most importantly, true love. Music and art are also required.

My idea of heavenly/ timeherat paradise, is similar to my earth one in means of all that is required for ocmfort, however, this also includes a level ofspiritual connection with the universe and existance wich simply cannot be achieved from earth. not to mention the eternity of love, light, and happiness.
          The Promised Land is a State of Being. - Me

Comment

Nelina & Silverclaw... Thank you!!
            You know what would be great, if it was possible for us to always have good dreams each night; dreams that we can all remember. I would love to have a mind-link recorder that would simply write down what you were thinking (But only if you want it to of course ) I think my dream home/paradise is missing someone too: the love of my life Matt. Oh and the sky should be able to glow with stardust falling everyday. Sometimes I wish that I could also see an angel, so for the heck of it I'll say that I wish there was one in my paradise
            Last edited by Wiccangixie; April 11, 2009, 02:51:12 PM.
            Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

The weather that we've been having lately has been great for me.... Daytime temperatures in the 40s-50s and night time being in the 30s. It's nice to go outside and have the cool, crisp air and a light jacket, yet have it be warm enough to not need gloves or a hat or whatever.

I have bad allergies in the spring (allergic to pollen? ), and the spring air really upsets them.... When it's cold, it's not a problem, which is why this weather works well for me.

Also, we have a few sunny days, and a rainy day or two. I guess that this weather is my idea of paradise.
              "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

My paradise would change every day depending on what I felt like that day. Sometimes I would feel like hot weather and sometimes I would feel like cooler weather. I love winter time but I get tired of it being cold. I have always wanted to play in the snow in 75 degree weather so I would play with that idea all the time. I love it when it rains and its warm, not always the tempurature but the rain. I would be in the rain everyday. I have always wanted to be up in the sky during a thunderstorm so that would be fun stuff.
                Dai stiho cousins
                ~~~Ezra

Comment

My Paradise...

My kind of paradise would change with my feelings, so this would be my version of paradise:

Unchanging, rearanging different and unique
                  Oblivious to the other worlds
                  But not independent and always needy of the other places and worlds
                  Life changing
                  Not for me alone
                  But for each creature, it can be alone when needy of the alonesome
                  Though there will always be flaws, never as perfect as Timeheart
                  It will always symbolize each creatures individualality
                  Always as you need it
                  But never in perfect shape, form, area, space or time
                  But making life and the lived more enjoyable
                  Til universes die
                  This paradise as a whole, united witheach living and inanimate creature or thing
                  Flowing, flowing
                  Last breath of air
                  Stop, no returns, no feelings
                  Drifting, drifting away...
                  Time and space, says goodbye
                  For we will never meet again
                  My one true paradise

So how do you rate the poem?Anyone can answer, but plz tell what u truly think!!
                  Last edited by chocolate101; April 16, 2009, 12:25:10 PM. Reason: Spelled some stuff wrong sry!
                  (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

Wizardsrreal:
                    OMG! I did not even read it's b4 writing mine! I dealt don't wanna look like I copied u!!!
                    (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

LOL its alright hun! Its a good poem, and think of it this way: great minds think alike.

Comment

Great poem! I have to agree with you. If a place was flawless, we couldn't make it better. And then we would get bored! Or I would anyway.
                        -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                        -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                        -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

Narnia is my idea of paradise. Especially if you've ever read the last book of the Chronicles of Narnia. The one at the end is my idea of paradise. Or that version of Ireland, perhaps.
                          2 Saxy 4 u 2 Handel...

Comment

Working...
                          X