What is your idea of paradise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your idea of paradise?

Well, this question has remained in my head for a while, ever since I thought about the perception of Timeheart. Now I want to know, what are your perceptions of Timeheart? I'll explain mine once I get a few replies. It might take a me a minute to type.
    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

I'm confused as to what you're asking....

I'll just go ahead and answer the topic question.

My idea of paradise is to have a climate that is nice'n sunny for three or four days, then one day of cloudy weather, and then one day of RAIN. And it would always stay 60 degrees and a low-to-normal humidity level, except on Rain Day, of course .

There would be golf courses all around, and in the woods in the golf courses, there would be ATV trails and plenty of ATVs around to ride - and, of course, golf carts.

Now, I would like four months exactly of this, which I'll call the Normal Phase, and one month of:

Two days being more than 80 degrees and a medium level of humidity, and then three days of weather as described above. There would be beaches around, with nice, clean, seaweed-free water, and an assortment of pools, hot tubs, and lakes and ponds. For the cooler days, there would be outdoor picnics, camp fires, and other stuff you would do at an outdoor celebration on a summer evening. This would be called the Hot Phase.

Next would be two months of:

Temperatures in the late forties to mid fifties, leaves falling, and same activities as in the Normal Phase. This would be called the Refreshing Phase.

Finally, five months of:

Weather below 32 degrees, and a few inches of snow scattered in individual storms throughout the time. Sleds and snowmobiles to ride around on on the golf courses while the snow is there (whole 17 on course 2 has a long, steep, straight hill). This would simply be called Winter.

There is no Spring in my idea of paradise; too much pollen and mud. It goes straight from Winter to the Normal Phase.

...And I guess that you can say that that is my idea of Timeheart.
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Ha, Eric, that sounds nice! especially this part:
      My idea of paradise is to have a climate that is nice'n sunny for three or four days, then one day of cloudy weather, and then one day of RAIN. And it would always stay 60 degrees and a low-to-normal humidity level, except on Rain Day, of course .
      I like something like that also. And don't forget the thunderstorms! I like thunderstorms...they make me think about vampires...

My paradise:

I would like a generally cool temperature, and lower humidity. Like spring or fall weather...gentler. Some storms, both plain rain on some of the warmer days so that it wouldn't be too cold, and thunderstorms at random periods just to make the weather interesting.

In the summer it'd never get warmer than mid 90s, and there'd be lakes and pools to swim in on the warmer days. In the winter, it could get as cold as it is normally in Michigan in winter, with TONS of snow, because I almost never get snow here...I miss snow...(it's too warm in the winter where I live. It sometimes gets up to 90 degrees in January.) I like snow, and I don't mind the cold as much as I mind heat.

In the spring and fall of my paradise, at least every other night would be clear, so that I could bring my telescope out to look at the stars and planets...and the temperature of the night would be good...I really like how the night feels when it's cool but not too cold, and not humid, and not very warm, with a slight breeze blowing through the neighborhood trees.

And my friends would come over whenever they wanted. I'd rent out the local convention center, or astronomical observatory, or library, or planetarium, or other place that my friends enjoy excedingly, and have a giant sleepover. It'd be fun!

And I'd have the largest library in the worlds, including one or more copies of every book ever written!

OK, that was random. I'm done ranting about my paradise now!
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

My paradise wouldn't be a change in anything. As I understand TimeHeart to be, it is different for everyperson. The only change in Timeheart would be no war, hatred, struggles, or anything the Lone Power is related to. My paradise would be, having the house I live in now, my family, who I would love, going to school and perticipating in events such as color gaurd and track and getting straight A's. The only thing different in Timeheart would be that we are either all dead or we are dreaming or we did a spell to get there.
        I hope I didn't stray off topic. When I look at Timeheart, aka Pardise, it is different for everyperson just like wizardry.
        "This is our shame-
        this is the whole Ocean's glory:
        this is the Song of the Twelve." (DW 316)

Comment

....books. Tons and tons of books. Or perhaps just a book that would be any book i asked for, in a room that could become a doorway to the world of any book, or even the idea of a book, when plugged into the book that is all books. :P Also, of course, there should be everyone i loved, and an endless supply of young wizards. :P (Including the ones that havne't been written yet. If i'm in paradise, i shouldn't have to worry about little things like that when accessing a book that can be all books. :P)

And of course video games, computer, and a tv that plays the shows YOU want it to play, rather than just following a schedual...
          And, most importantly, something that spewed forth a random conflict, big or small, every once in a while-because complete and utter perfection is just plain old boring. :P (though preferably that conflict wouldn't be having the device that can create anything break down, because if i can't use the machine to bring fortha technician to fix the machine, i'd be kinda lost. :P)
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

YR, I think your concept of heaven is very similar to Jo Walton's. :-)

Did you ever see that Twilight Zone episode where a gangster died, and woke up to find himself in a place with fine whiskey, dice that always fell as needed, and billiard balls that always went right to the pockets. All through the episode, when he asked about less-than-perfect things, he was told they could only be found in "The Other Place". Finally, he says that he doesn't want to be in Heaven any more. "Really? Just where do you think you are?"
            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Woods. I would like to be in the woods, maybe a cabin or something, with a book that can show any book ever written (sorry for taking your idea yr...) and a lake next to the woods. I would also like the natural wildlife like wolves (surprize, surprize). The only thing I would change would be to take away the bugs. not all of them, just ones like mosquitos (spelling?) and other blood- sucking insects.

Edit: I forgot to mention, without anything happening, I could only stand it for so long... I need something more than books happening, you know?

So, I think it would be more of a place of rest rather than a place of eternal paradise... you know what I mean?
              Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

I'm not offended. It's a common idea...I most likely heard it somewhere else, beore this. :P (Though all i can think of the moment is a stupid family guy episode)

And garret: makes sense...Perfection for all eternity is just plain old boring.
                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Wow, what a loaded question. Now, do you mean Timeheart, or paradise. I see them differently.

Timeheart, my Timeheart, would have all of my family and friends who ave ever passed away, where I could just spend time with them. I can't really describe it much more than that, because it would never be exacty the same.

Paradise, on the other hand, would mainly be at the beach or the woods. Maybe a beach surrounded by woods. That would be nice. The weather would depend on my mood, and I would never get a sunburn. (That's on thing I could live without.) Ideally, I would have a library near by, or one of my own. I think it would be cool to have a book that shows any book, like wolf-wizard and yr suggested, but there's just something about a library full of books. You know? It has a certain air about it, a book-ish smell, and it even looks comforting. I would prefer that. Also, it would have lots of art supplies, so I could paint all I wanted.
                  And of course, it would have family. (I consider my friends family too.) They would not live in my cabin or extremely close, but they would not be too far away. Yes, my family is insane and very annoying, but that's what I love about them. Mmm, I really like my paradise.
                  ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

My idea of paradise would be at place somewhere warm. Not like extremely hot heat but enough to not make me cold. Anyway, somewhere warm, preferably near the beach or on the beach whatever works. It should have palm trees too. I love the way palm trees look against the sunset. It's so pretty.

I'd like to have a library full of all the books I like to read or want to read. It would be pretty cool to have like new books come in and stock themselves on the shelf.

Oh and a collection of movies. I love movies. Maybe have a movie theatre? Where I can watch any movie I want? Yeah, that's what I want in my paradise...

Music, there has to be a place for music as well. Because I can't live with out my music. A baby grand piano stationed in a music room where I can record songs. Also have different instruments there, like guitars and drums. Oh that would be so cool!

And lastly a little place where I can write. Endless supplies of (mechanical) pencils and notebooks. A computer that never gets old, and the fastest internet possible so I can always upload my stories. Haha.

Oh and my family must be with me. They're my life, and with out them, I don't think I can survive.
                    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Alone.
                      Definatly alone. I would be in the Librery, from the tv series Doctor Who, episodes Forest Of The Dead and Silence In The Librery. There would be no Avasta-Nerada. There would be no need for food, or air, or water. I would no have to speak to any one, nor be spoken to. There would be calm, silence, but maby some music. Paul Simon, or Sam Cooke, The Kinks, and the Beatles (the good days)an the Byrds. Or mabey Hayden. Mozart too. All the bookes ever writen, all the anti-time in the world.

No time, no mess, no needs but books. I would master spanish and latin and gealic and hungarian. I'd become an expert on everything.
                      I would be left in peace.

I woud stay how I was I would not need glasses. I'd be the only thing in my universe besides the books. No life, no death, no war or plauge or famine. No tears or pain or control. When I'd finished everything, I would write more. I would create worlds and lives and I'd become lost inside my fantasies. If need be, I'd "...dream of a normal life, with a nice school, and a loving father."

I would have the abilty to create worlds, as I said. My worlds would be real, though. Not fantasy. Not like CAL's. I'd make adventures, and be the heros. I'd be the care-taker. I'd give back what I'd have taken, in my fantasies.

I would be in peace.

When I come to think about it...
                      that soundeed a lot like the computer dudes stopping entropy in HW

I am definatly not normal.
                      Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 20, 2009, 02:48:09 PM. Reason: fixing html
                      “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                      -Groucho Marx

Comment

John Lennon's "Imagine"... plus unlimited House episodes whenever I want them... never-ending sagas and all you can eat never-get-fat Frappuccinos.
                        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

My paradise would be a chain of smallish islands in the middle of an ocean. Lots of sand, books, and sun. Aaahhh...

EDIT:

KK: You don't get snow? I consider you lucky. I live in Alaska and get at least 2 feet of snow in the winter, usually more like 4 feet! Not to mention it starts in late October and doesn't melt till May! Except for this year. Snow that stayed on October 7. Then there was a windstorm and all the snow melted in the rain.
                          "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

my paradise would be a low gravity moon with the right concentration of air
                            Dai!

P.S. gone libraring

Comment

This is so interesting...
                              Actually, my dream would be quite similar to the life I live already (meaning reality. Is that a defineable concept?) Anyway, I would love to live in the Rockies, and have unlimited amounts of books, even ones that haven't been published yet. I would also like to entirely revamp the American politics ( ie, get rid of the relentless digging into peoples' pasts). Ugh.
                              Other than that, the climate is just as EricG1793 and kk's idea...

Comment

Working...
                              X