Getting to Know People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to Know People

I'd like to have a random sort of conversation to get to know some of the people around here better. I'm still relatively new, and it seems like a lot of you know each other.
    And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
    Fell from the sky like rain
    Upon my soul; which, watered well,
    Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
    Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones

Okay. Sounds like a nice idea, if a bit like TTOGR.... Anyway. Hi. What would you prefer to talk about today?

On a related note, or actually a completely unrelated note, Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet Fantasy-overture may just be the most beautiful piece of music in the universe. *sigh* I LOVE this CD.
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Now I'm going to have "getting to know you" from that one musical stuck in my head, even though my perpetual Gravitation soundtrack is playing in the background and I have no idea what musical aforementioned song is from.....

...anyway....

Hiya! I'm semiramis! I'm obsessed with banananananas, even though it's been about three years since I last set eyes on one! I even want to name my first daughter, if I ever have one, Arienna, which means banana in Latin! Merely because I think no one would ever get it! Except for the people who I've already told! And I'm on a sugar high right now! Say hi to my sugar high! hahahaha!

my writing muse says that because he's saner than me right now, he feels he has the responsibility of being embarrassed for me right now. My drawing muse says he's a pompous idiot. The Perfectionist Fairy says they're both dorks.

Comment

The Perfectionist fairy! *stabs* We don't get along. I got done born slapdash and I'll stay that way. Rrah. it keeps attempting to infect me. but I shall resist. I shall remember that I might end up like francesca if I listen to it. *shudders*

Oooh, that was nasty. there's nothing really wrong with francesca, really, except... well... no, no I shall say nuzzink.

At any rate, where was I?
        Ah. "Getting to knooowww youuuu...." Well, I'm rather into music. And at this very moment I and one of my brothers are fighting over the six-CD container. I mean, you think it would be reasonable: three each. but NO. he complains that I like some of his stuff, and he doesn't like any of mine. Okay. I'm tempted to tell him that's his problem, or alternately he can just choose three I don't like, but that's way to fair for him. No, he wants to have ALL of them. I swore at lot at that point, and then suggested two of his, two of mine, and two we both like. he still fought over that, but eventually I browbeat him into it.

So just now Jimi Hendrix is playing WAY TOO LOUDLY in my ear, but I shall soon have my lovely Bic. Final mix, FYI, looked like this: Bob Marley&the Wailers and Red Hot Chili Peppers as both, Jimi hendrix and Led Zeppelin for him, and Bic runga and Paul simon for me. *shrugs* a reasonably happy mix, I feel.

Hey, look, there was an awful lot of info in those paragraphs.
        -I have brothers
        -I like Old music and so does my brother
        -I'm not, on the other hand, a fan of Jimi hendrix. Or really loud scratchy guitar. (really loud guitar is fine. it's the scratchy that gets me, I don't care if Jimi IS god.)
        -I talk too much
        -I'm so self-focussed. jeez
        -I like everything to go My way.
        _I'm given to swearing at said brother. Just because ARG.
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Originally posted by semiramis:
          Now I'm going to have "getting to know you" from that one musical stuck in my head, even though my perpetual Gravitation soundtrack is playing in the background and I have no idea what musical aforementioned song is from.....
          Sounds like the musical "Oliver" starring Jack Wild.

I even want to name my first daughter, if I ever have one, Arienna, which means banana in Latin!
          You're bananas

And "Hi" to Onua Wingstar.
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Getting to know people? Well, hi! People call me Gryphon (and you should too ) after a certain long furred black and white cat that I always use in roleplaying. I like to role play. My brother is a butthead who goes by the name 'Tronas.' Blah blah.

I also really like Linkin Park and when I'm listening to it while I'm at the YW.net chat room after eating a lot of sugar, sometimes I start to sing. Hah. But sometimes I listen to Reanimation and get lines wrong. That's when *ahem* people like to correct me.

I like to argue my point until I'm right! :P

Dunno 'bout you, but I don't like banannas. They're too much like fish.

Ha. I had to put that. According to the wizards at Unseen University, banannas are fish. Yep. I love Hex and his FTB*

What else... I like to play four square.

Remember to call me Gryphon and join my roleplay community Dawn of the Conqeuror's Age!!!!!!!
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Tee hee. I'm Agent M and I like caffiene. I like lots of other things to... mostly caffeine thogh....
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

Hey I'm Zgirl.

-I don't know what to post here.
                -I'm relatively friendly
                -I'm from MN
                -I'm always and forever bored
                -I have too much homework right now!!!!!!
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Hi! I'm Calliope, and...don't really have any nicknames. ^_^ Random names from Greek mythology on every site I'm a member of, heh. I like Paul Simon, too. In fact, I've had "The Boy in the Bubble" stuck in my head all weekend. That and "Behind Blue Eyes", a song by The Who.
                  Tronas is your brother, Gryphon? Mine wants to join, but he says he can't come up with a character.
                  Mangos are good! So are kiwis, and cantaloupes, and, and...shutting up now. ^.~
                  Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Tronas is my [very annoying] brother. Yep. I like orange juice. Especially the kind without the pulp crap and when it's been shook up so much that it gets all bubbly and stuff and I really like it like that because it's so good and interesting.

Sorry. I slipped into Gryphon mode for a moment there.

Yesterday. We drew a four square box that was a near perfect as you can get a four square box. But today it just had to rain!!! There goes our four square box. We draw ours out of chalk in the middle of the road. They tend to fade the next day anyway, but *sniff* I'd've (I would have) liked to see it last a bit longer. But... no.

And here's my buddy Spikles!!! She's such a sweet kitty. I lub her. There's also Cassie, Canyon, and Cinnamon. Spikles is one of Sparkle's many nicknames. My cats get a lot of nicknames. Sparkle, Spikky, Spakle, Sparksies, Sprakky, Spakky, Ickly, or just 'stupid cat.' Sparkle isn't what you'd call a smart cat. Cinnamon's are all really similar to 'monster.' He's really cute, but so annoying!!! He has the cutest mew. Sometimes when I'm typing he goes 'meeew!' and paws at my hand. Cassie is MY kitty. She follows me around everywhere and purs. She hates my brother. Canyon... *shudders* That cat is mental. Okay, I was sitting on my floor, just reading, when she charges up and bites me! I say 'scat, cat,' and she lunges for my wrist!!! My sweet Cassie acts defected sometimes too. She has this adopted stuffed cat-shaped toy that she carries around everywhere. She licks and and loves it. But uhh... sometimes she wacks it around the floor and bites its neck. Kinda creepy.

Woah! Big paragraph on my pets!!

Well, I like to read Terry Pratchett's books. I like a lot of other books, and it's impossible to have a 'favorite.' That's a strong beleif of mine. You always have changing opinions, or at least I do.

Oooo! I think I had a bit much sugar today. Yep. Yep. Yep. Eeeheehee!!!!!!!!!!
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

*finds it very funny about Gryphon's cat Cassie and her stuffed toy*

Ahahahahhahaa.... sorry...

Umm... LINKIN PARK RULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yeah... I'm Auri, don't diss anime in front of me. Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Birdhead:
                        So just now Jimi Hendrix is playing WAY TOO LOUDLY in my ear, but I shall soon have my lovely Bic. Final mix, FYI, looked like this: Bob Marley&the Wailers and Red Hot Chili Peppers as both, Jimi hendrix and Led Zeppelin for him, and Bic runga and Paul simon for me. *shrugs* a reasonably happy mix, I feel.
                        YES! Led and Jimi. Good stuff. Bic is just now working her way off the top of the list here, and looks like Moby has got on somehow. Don't ask me how, though. I dunno. Led's on it, but jimi is yet to be seen. Bic is currently at the top, so if she gets played any more... fttt. gone. Oh well, that's what you get when you have your computer choose your musical preferences for you. Ah, yes. Also, Alice in Chains is big on there right now, as well as Lostprophets, John Lennon and Live. Once they hit 15 plays, though, they're dropped and subbed in for something else. the lowest play count for the list is 7 right now. It'll be lower in a few hours.

Onua, you should take careful note that I firmly beleive that if a computer is not making noise, then it is not on.

I may have the largest posts here. I'm not sure, but they invariably get long winded and/or philosophical and deep. For example, it's not good to talk about oneself too much.

Comment

Skitty how many cats do you have?! Like 20? Everytime you mention a cat it's a new one.
                          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Linkn Parks rules. And Blink 182 does too, and...
                            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                            ------------------------------------------------------------
                            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Ack! Blech! Linkin Park!!! blech! I don't like modern artists, ELTON JOHN AND BILLY JOEL RULE!!!!!!!!!!
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

Working...
                              X