YW themed crafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YW themed crafts

Has anyone made any of the items in the books or made quotes from the books for your room or YW bookmarks or anything like that

I think i should make some YW stuff

A few years ago I tried to re-create Nita's charm bracelet from AWD. Unfortunately I had trouble finding charms, and then the bracelet itself broke....and now I think I've misplaced it..... I still keep an eye out for charms that would work as part of it, but the only one I've really found is the subway token--and I haven't gotten it engraved yet. ~_~*

Comment

Ooh, I now need to make some YW crafts!

I did have a charm bracelet, but I could only find two of the right charms. Though this week, I need to make some crafts.

See, I'm home sick this week, but not so sick that I can't make crafts and such...so I think that I shall make it my quest to find the right supplies for YW crafts. If anyone has any suggestions of what I should make, that would be helpful!

Oh, and I remembered that I also had made a rowan wand, and even soaked it in moonlight. And I did have an old car antenna somewhere...
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Cool! hope you get better soon I can't think of anything since i haven't read the books in a while but the charm bracelet does sound cool maybe you could make the charms you can't find out of clay?

Comment

I've been trying to find a list of the charms in Nita's charm bracelet, but there's nothing on the Errantry Wiki, or anywhere else that I can find. I've been trying to search the books, but I only remember a few... a megaphone, a house key, a fish, a circle with a hole in it, a charm with some type of number on it...?

If anyone remembers the rest, I'd be happy to know, but I don't know if they even make charms of megaphones or house keys. :P I'm not so good with clay, though I did make a clay Wizards' Knot once, and put it on a necklace. I should find a way to take pictures of that (my camera's still broken), because it looks pretty cool (if I do say so myself).

What other crafts could there be made... I made blue pasta a couple of times, but that doesn't really count as a 'craft.' Bookmarks are good, but very simple and easy...

Haha, I just found a company that makes megaphone charms! But they're over $30, so... I might want to find a cheaper website.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I know the charms are in two books but the one where she first makes the bracelet and shows it to Tom or Carl would probably be the best one

I don't really know anything else that you could make but you could get some of your friends together and act out your fav scene and have someone video tape it if you wanted to put it up on youtube for other fans

if i remember any items i will post them

Comment

Thanks for the ideas Wizardprincess! But sadly, none of my friends (in fact, nobody I know anywhere near me) has ever read the Young Wizards series, or if they have, they don't remember enough of it and don't want to reread the books.
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

i want to reread them but i always get a new book or a book in another series that i like come out i started re reading the 4th one but then i got book one of the daughters of the moon series so now im reading that its kinda good so far

i think their might have been an hourglass but im not sure

your welcome and im sorry i couldn't be much help

Comment

Comment

that's awesome! i was in girl scouts when i was in elementary school

Comment

Dorotheia: Thanks for the idea, but I don't know if I'm going to have a megaphone charm on the bracelet or not... I was thinking replacing some of the more-difficult-to-find ones with others.

Okay, I have made a list of all of the charms on the bracelet! (I searched through each book thoroughly, and wrote down what charms were mentioned.)

The Charms on the Bracelet (or all that were mentioned):
                      • A Lightning Bolt
                      • A House Key
                      • A Fish
                      • A Pebble
                      • A Glass Bubble
                      • A Closed Spiral
                      • A Magic Wand
                      • A Lasso
                      • A Cloud
                      • A Megaphone
                      • A Silver Disc (With the letters GCT on one side, and the number 25 on the other)
                      • A Radar Screen...?
                      • A Silver Ring With Nothing Inside It
                      • A Silver Disc (With the number 26 on it)

I'm not entirely sure if the disc with the 26, and the disc with the GCT/25 on it are supposed to be the same thing... but I'm probably just going to put whichever is easiest to find or make.
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I've read the Daughters of the Moon, too! : )

I a little art-sy, so I have made a bracelet (with macrame), and I've done some calligraphy quotes. Besides that I haven't done too much, but I like doing them.

I'm not sure wwhat other crafts to do though... maybe the sunstone necklace? (is that what it is called?)

I just had an idea! Not exactly a craft though... For the motherboard planet, someone who likes sketching and drawing could sketch what they think it might look like, with all the things the mobiles have done to it.
                        "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

The mobile planet idea sounds awesome! I always think of sleek, flowing-metal buildings in one spot, with most of the planet a flat surface with small metallic lines cut into the surface. I had the impression from WaW that the planet's surface was spelled to respond to the desire of those nearby, as evidenced when Dairine made a one-piece metal chair appear just by looking around for a place to sit. I imagine that one-piece metal architecture would be there, but that the surface would be somewhat like the lines you see on computer boards (the latter hopefully explains the former).

Comment

@ Smile: cool im now reading book 2!

a drawing of the motherboard planet sounds awesome! charms good luck and if i find out a place that sells them i will tell you or what to make them out of. clay is the only think i can think of but i know Klutz has a book about making beads out of paper

how about the emerald necklace?

a trailer for the books

thanks to everyone who has posted the ideas you come up with wow

Comment

Working...
                            X