Where to find the audio books on CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find the audio books on CD?

So I love audiobooks and have a reasonable collection, and want to add the YW series to it. I have looked online (Amazon, eBay, etc.) for the books on audio CD and have come up empty. Only used audio cassettes and audio downloads (mp3) appear.

I know they exist, because my local library has several copies, but they are all scratched and don't play well. Does anyone know where I could buy all the books on audio CD?

You could always get the .mp3s and burn them onto CDs (I'm not sure if copy protection would affect that, but it seems likely that that would be considered an appropriately fair use.0
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Originally posted by apalodorin View Post
      So I love audiobooks and have a reasonable collection, and want to add the YW series to it. I have looked online (Amazon, eBay, etc.) for the books on audio CD and have come up empty. Only used audio cassettes and audio downloads (mp3) appear.

I know they exist, because my local library has several copies, but they are all scratched and don't play well. Does anyone know where I could buy all the books on audio CD?
      Well, the company that produces the audiobooks is Recorded Books. Looks like they sell the recordings as MP3s, tapes, and CDs. Here's the link.
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

I know that Audible.com has all of the YW books as I've been slowly buying them there, the narrator is great! I've been listening to A Wizard Abroad lately... The prices are reasonable for the files too and they are only divided to make download easier if they are big. That way they take up less space.
        There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
        "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Birdhead View Post
          You could always get the .mp3s and burn them onto CDs (I'm not sure if copy protection would affect that, but it seems likely that that would be considered an appropriately fair use.0
          I'm pretty sure that you're allowed to make a copy for backup purposes.

*sigh* the audiobooks are still out of my budget range. When I get a proper job, I'm going to save up for them, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Enfield-Burke View Post
            Well, the company that produces the audiobooks is Recorded Books. Looks like they sell the recordings as MP3s, tapes, and CDs. Here's the link.
            Thanks for this information. They are way more expensive than I thought, because they only sell Library Editions of the CDs and cassettes (i.e. more durable but 4x the price of normal consumer audio cds). This would also explain why they are so hard to find!

Also, thanks to the various users who mentioned burning CDs... while yes, I could burn myself copies if I purchased the digital copy (personal back up, or heck, listen in the car?), I really enjoy the quality of professional media. There's no lame colored burn ring and you don't have to write the title in Sharpie or add stickers.

Comment

Working...
            X