We will all leave eventually...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We will all leave eventually...

Today I was looking at my "Buddies List" from YW.net. I found this.

Aurora
    Birdhead
    brokencello
    Cress Shadowdancer
    crookedfrog13
    FireWitch
    jen26
    marniebrown1
    meteorite
    Nancy Drew
    papercrane
    Rysade
    white tiger

Most of these still log on once in a while. Others are always logged on *cough* Agent M! *cough* . Others, such as Cress Shadowdancer, crookedfrog13, Firewitch, jen26, Nancy Drew, and white tiger, either haven't logged on in a while, or don't log on anymore.
    This got me thinking of all the people who haven't come back besides those in my Buddy list. Those that we don't remember. Those forgotten while new ones came.

I also thought that we will all leave eventually. One day real-life-issues (which we all hate but must do) will caught on with us in such a way that we will not log on.

That is why I think that we must do something to record the name and email of all the users that are and that will be here. So that we shall not forget them.

lol. Imagine yourself suddenly finding a document hidden away in your computer with names of friends you haven't talked to in years! What thoughts that would bring!

Also, we could organize a date and website in the future were we all should meet. Imagine that! A web-meeting of friends you haven't talked to in years!

Anyway, gotta stop rambling. Now the most famous question while talking of ideas...

<span class="ev_code_RED">What do you think?</span>
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Wow that's really cool. Yeah I know what you mean DB like I will be graduating in 2005 from High School and then going off to college and I might not be able to make for quite sometimes and to have somewhere to go to meet in like a few years would be cool. I will try to come on as often as I can but who knows with college. hehe One more year!!!!!!!!! 2005 ROCKS!!!!!!

Hey here are my three.

Nsyncbabygirl_1@hotmail.com
    Lissap86@yahoo.com
    and
    Marmaladegirl86@Hotmail.com
    "We pray for our sorrows to end,
    and hope that our hearts will blend.
    Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
    And who knows:
    starting a new journey may not be so hard
    or maybe it has already begun.
    There are many worlds,
    but they

Comment

Wow, DB, that's an uncharateristically long post. I think it's a great idea. Real life issues. *shudder* I plan on staying here for awhile. By website, do you mean a forum-type thing? We could meet every couple of months, maybe. (I'm just writing random thoughts, don't mind me.) For the email address list, I don't mind giving it out, it's in my profile, anyway. Uh, that's providing none of us is a phsyco serial internet stalker. ^_^ Just kidding.
      Calliope-- swimstar517@yahoo.com
      Metaphors be with you.

Comment

I know, calliope.
        Mine is
        diegobernardo@hotmail.com
        kit_rodriguez@yahoo.com

I think I have an idea for were to save the list. I gotta get home and check...
        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Yeah...the thought had crossed my mind. Realistically, none of us is going to be here for long--probably not even for another few years. Things change and people grow and life happens...
          Now look what you've done; I'm going to be moody and introspective for the next few hours.
          Anyway, re emails--mine's
          paperdragoness@yahoo.com
          My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
          OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Good idea DB!

*hugs the monitor* But I don't wanna go!!! I love this site, and all the people here!! It was torture when Mom banned me.

But yes, we will all drift away evenutally. Something will happen, most likely life issues.

So for anyone who cares my e-mail is: hifun55@knology.net
            ~Sam (Hifun55)~
            Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
            HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
            My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Yeah, I guess we will... I've done it at different times, too, I guess, run out of time and (rarely) inclination to come here... I've always come back, though. Dunno why, really, because I fall out of sites a lot. Mm.

Okay, then. May as well show willing- birdheadnzNOSPAM@hotmail.com (though obviously without the NOSPAM.)

This is actually similar to what I'm thinking at the moment- I'm in my last year of high school. It's kinda daunting, I guess, because.. you know, you move away after seventh form and apart from close friends you probably will never see anyone again and after spending, for me, seven years of my life with these people, it's not something that comes lightly.

Fortunately, the internet's much smaller than the Real World. I guess that's a kinda odd thing to say, but I think it's true... we're all here because we share one interest. We probably share some others, and that's what the internet's based around- shared interests. Plus, when people change their e-mail addrss they tell everyone, even randoms, in their Address Book by sending a mass e-mail. People don't always do that when they move house.
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I don't terribly mind... I can be contacted at:
                daistihoNOSPAM@hotmail.com
                I was lucky, I managed to snag that particular address first. Nyaah!

I agree, it will be a sad day when, eventually, for one reason or another, any of us stop logging in (or DD has to take down the site for some reason ) Meanwhile, we can at least keep in touch.

&lt;Boy, is that oversized avatar disconcerting!&gt;
                "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

I've thought of this a lot before. When I first joined Abroad I knew it would eventually end. It all does. People loose interest. People loose a chance to log on. There's always something that calls, that changes what you're used to.

Skitty (Gryphon)-- ValorGryphon@myway.com

I log onto my other e-mail address more, but I'd rather you send to this one instead. Heh. Well, it's fun to be randmon with friends.
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

My email is zgirl2003@comcast.net
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Even though I'm not exactly well-known around here....my email is:</span>
                      <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">JBoomer91@aol.com</span>

Comment

Mine's heartzusa@aol.com, contrary to what (I think) my profile says: don't try there or I'll probably never check it. It's Yahoo, and it's only so I can change my sig and stuff.

Tui: Don't give up hope of not seeing your high school friends! My mom still sees a close friend of hers from high school. They didn't go to the same college, either.
                        *Ella*
                        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                        What could mean more than this?"
                        --Bright Eyes

Comment

I haven't been around here a terribly long time but I'm already growing pretty close to some of you, and since I don't plan on leaving very soon, I figure I'll still be around quite awhile.

Anyways, I know exactly what DB is talking about. The rpg I've been part of for 3 years come June has been the place I have met some of my best internet friends. I'm closer to some of them then my own RL friends. It's horrible because sometimes some of them will just disappear without so much as a goodbye and I can't find a way to contact them, and I have certain memories with them, but I can't recall everyone even. I remember one of my best friends Loren was suddenly gone. I tried emailing her a lot, but within a few weeks, hotmail said her account had been disconnected or whatever it is they do after 1 month or so. I never found out what happened to her.

Anyways, for those of you who want my email, it's
                          noseinabook03@hotmail.com
                          that is also my MSN messenger (don't know if anybody else here has it or not).
                          ------------------------------
                          Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                          -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

You're all great friends. I had a really close friend from neopets.com when I used to play Neopets. We would send long e-mails. Sometimes they got too long to send, and I lost my message. But then... she quit replying and quit logging on. I lost a good friend then.

And if anyone wants to instant message me, I have a few AIM accounts. Skitty602, evilcalicodarkle, and spikyspakle. I have all of them linked on my other computer (which I'm usually on) so it'll probably say that all of the acounts are signed on.
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I've got AIM also, so feel free to IM me on there: weirdaaffan828

I'm still waiting for my chat ID for here. *can't wait*
                              ------------------------------
                              Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                              -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

Working...
                              X