No announcement yet.

Veganism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cow? what cow? I'm confused...i have never seen this cow...
    Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
    :wigglesmile:
    And really bad eggs...
    Go salaí cúnna ifrinn do chuid calóga arbhair.
    S.P.R.B.I (Semi Puke Related
    Barf Incident)
    Weak Sauce!

Comment

I don't know where my copy of the book is. It takes me more than three years to get sorted out after moving house, you see :-) . So I can't check what the book says. I just found where I put the VHS tape, so I could watch the episode again to check. I'll do that.

Ah, found the Dish of the Day scene. "It's an Ameglian Major Cow." "May I interest you in parts of my body? Something off my shoulder, perhaps, braised in a white wine sauce."
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

And as dumb as cows are
        They are not very dumb...Recently they are jumping fences to not get killed.

I am a vegetairian mostly because it is wrong to kill animals. It hasn't ever been hard for me because I am doing it for a reson that I like.
        ______-______-______-______
        ~(*<@!$%^&^%$!@>*)~
        ^ Random Symbols. ^
        Dude, you are one seriously wacked out Froot Loop.

Comment

With all due respect, Delphi:

Self-preservation is one of the most basic instincts. It does not mean that the imposing animal is smart.

If jumping fences counts as smart, then I have some rather disturbed issues about what counts as smart.

Cows are not bright. That's why people go cow tipping. Trust me.
          http://superdrea.net/

Comment

I've heaqrd rumors that cow tipping isn't as easy as people make it sound. Course, where i come from, you only do it when you are severly drunk, so, in that case, everything is to easy or to hard....
            Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
            :wigglesmile:
            And really bad eggs...
            Go salaí cúnna ifrinn do chuid calóga arbhair.
            S.P.R.B.I (Semi Puke Related
            Barf Incident)
            Weak Sauce!

Comment

Do people still tip cows? I thought service charges were usually included nowadays.

On the subject of veganism, or at least vegetarianism, I was looking at a packet in the supermarket today (no, not the black pudding) and noticed it contained cheese made with vegetarian rennet. Ah, how thoughtful.

Though it did make me wonder just how many vegetarians would be buying chili beef nachos.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Heh. One of the girls I was once aquainted with went out cow tipping, and ended up trying to ride a cow for a photo op. Turns out, the cow took off, taking her with it.

She fell off eventually, and all was well.

Chili Beef Nachos....sounds really good right now.
                http://superdrea.net/

Comment

I don't think I could really be a vegan and be consistent. I have nothing against killing ants that come into my kitchen or japanese beetles that try to eat my mom's raspberry plants.
                  What would I ever do if Filif came over for dinner?

Comment

If you are a vegetarian can you eat fish or not? I am trying to go vegetarian now, but I am questioning not eating fish...unless you are allowed to.

Comment

A vegetarian is someone who doesn't eat an animal. Fish are animals, so no, vegetarians don't eat fish. There are people who claim to eat fish, and be vegetarian, but in general, they're wrong. The same goes with Chicken.
                      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
                      People around the world are like ongiri. Everyone has an umeboshi with with a different shape and color and flavor. But because it's stuck on their back... they might not be able to see their umeboshi. Maybe that's the reaso

Comment

Just as a reply to the main topic. I'm a vegetarian, I have been for almost a year now, and really I haven't found it that hard. I didn't become this because I hate meat, or anything like that. In fact, there are times when I crave meat a lot, and think about giving in. I made this choice because I just didn't enjoy eating something that I knew was alive. I know I'm being partly hypocritical by not becoming a vegan, but it's something that I don't think I could do.

Veganism is a hard thing to do when you live in a country where almost everything has animal by-products in it. I once read an article about how it was a hard life, and something that one should do only if one has the resources (aka money) and the time. I probably could have the time, but at this moment I'm just a vegetarian.
                        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
                        People around the world are like ongiri. Everyone has an umeboshi with with a different shape and color and flavor. But because it's stuck on their back... they might not be able to see their umeboshi. Maybe that's the reaso

Comment

Working...
                        X