No announcement yet.

School rules (Not how it sounds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIKE! OMG, someone else has the hoodie/crazy dress code problem besides me! That's so weird...anyway. Just a random note...actually, it's kind of cold without my hoodies at school, but whatever.

Technically...Gryphon has a point. Some school in my district got sued because of dodgeball, so we couldn't play it anymore. (We tried other versions, but they made us stop.) Max...I hate to say it, but teachers and parents and principals and stuff DO have a point in banning it. Plus, if they get sued, it costs them...lots of money, which some schools don't have. I live with a teacher. I get to hear Dad's complaints about stuff like that. Basically, fear of being sued is the reason most schools ban dodgeball.

Just my 2 cents that made no sense.

-tired seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon:
      Alyson: No thongs? How are they going to punish that!?

Ohhh, you're an Aussie. XD I see. From my experience, some Aussies enjoy dropping "thongs" around to shock other people, espescially Americans.
      *snickers* Yeah, I know. I've surprised people before with it... The results can be pretty funny.

My school doesn't care if you wear hoodies, but you can't wear blue jeans, only black ones, because they're still black pants. Go figure.

My Dad also used to teach, and he still acts like a teacher, eg he thinks he knows how to deal with kids. Guess where he taught? That's right, my school. Fortunately, he left the year I arrived, so he wasn't there when I was.
      Bright star that was, dark star that falls, in your downward arc we greet you. Do your poor worst!

Comment

The dress code at our school is way to strict. You break the dres code and you get detention. Boys must wear long pant button down shirt and tie. Girls have so many rules is hard to keep track off.
        (\__/) "Be amazing"
        (+'.'+)
        (")_(")

Comment

wow, i gotta say that its so interesting the dress code and everything. like im in a catholic all girls' school (i kno it suxs). and like since tehre are no guys, there's no restriction on kilt length. like we got sweaters, vest, french cut long and shot, golf shirts (men and women style), and we have to wear black shoes (we used to be able to wear sandles in the summer and beigh dress shoes). like i don't know what's with uniforms. thank goodness i don't have to wear a blazer.

but hey, there's good news. like just this summer i saw on the news mccarthy (my uniform store), was like introducing alternative styles. they got the softball shirts, the caprease (don't kno how to spell that), and like omg adults are trying to make uniform more "casual". but u know what's funny. once they make our "casual" wear a uniform option - no one will ever being wearing the those kinds of stuff from retail places.

fashion is so funny! when uniforms adopt to fashion it goes out. when adults dress in calourful kids wear-it goes out. god it is so funny the way the world turns.

Comment

Whoa! That's really detailed. Our uniform/dress code is sold by the school, and the shirts are just tshirts or polo shirts (both with collars). They also sell girls skirts, which are basically miniskirts, they're so short! Ack. I don't wear them, I don't like short skirts.
            Bright star that was, dark star that falls, in your downward arc we greet you. Do your poor worst!

Comment

Lemme see...In my school, we have to buy our clothes from Flynn & O'Hara (how cme all these uniform stores are Irish??!!). From K-4, you can wear a jumper and a pink-short sleeve, a pink long-sleeve, or a turtleneck with a sweater if you choose, or you can wear these kakhi pants with the turtleneck or whatever shirt. with the jumper kyou have to wear maroon knee-socks or stockings, and either brown and white or maroon saddle shoes. for the summer, you can wear kakhi shorts with a belt, white sneakers and white socks, and a polo shirt.

For 5-8, winter is: A skirt with a pink short-sleeve and vest or sweater, a long-sleeve pink and vest or seater, or a turtleneck with vest or sweater, with the saddle shoes and knee-socks or stockings. Your skirts have to be a modest length, like only like an inch above your knee, no farther, though a lot of people roll their skirts when the teachers aren't looking. Also, you can wear the pants, but almost no one does because they are unbelievably dorky looking. Even for me.

For summer, you can wear polo shirts with the kakhi shorts (which do not seem to fit anyone right after fourth grade) or your skirt.

For winter gym, we have sweatpants and maroon t-shirts with maroon sweatshirts that must be worn unless you're actually in the gym or in a class when you're allowed to take them off. No plain t-shirts in the hallways. and of course white sneakers with white socks that you can see (no socks below the shoe), but of course everybody breaks that one. I know a girl who has pink and green pumas, and no one cares.

For summer gym we have mesh maroon pants (with our logo) and the maroon t-shirts with out logos.

And we can't play dodgeball. But out gym teacher thinks up creative htings, like Gator Ball (our nmascot is an alligator). She puls ductape lenghtwise across the gym, splits the class up into two groups, and give us tennis balls to thow at the other side, but they have to bounce once on the other side before hitting someone. But too many people began to peg each other so we had to stop...

and then there's scooter hockey, which we played yesterday: we have little wooden scooters, which are basically slabs of wood with 4 wheels attacked to the bottom that you sit on. We had the little hockey stick tips and a giant foam ball or plastic puck and we played hockey on them. it was actually pretty fun, though I kept falling off of the scooter, so now I have a bruise on my butt...not that you need to know that.

And we have a "No put-downs" policy, that really no-one follows. But they're trying hard to stop byllying. That's good. And then there are the "safe touches" movies, that made me laugh. Actually, I was absent for both of them, but seriously. I heard stories, and it just sounded funny. example: "Hugs can be safe touches, and hugs can be unsafe touches."

lol.

XD

Rofl!!

ok, I'm done my long ranting on my Catholic school...let 'er rip!

And let me eat lunch!
              just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

where are you in the US, NEW Zealand. Because if that's a cathoilic school in US then i don't think you have to wear uniform unless it's a private catholic. ---Anyway, wow that's totally expensive.

OOh I read your endnote. (whatever its called) isn't Inkheart good. I'm like reading Inkspell right now.

Comment

And really detailed. Your uniform regulations sound like they've been written by evil little goblins *shudders*.

Comment

Working...
                  X