amy zaporetsky

please help me i have never written one before

amy

amy zaporetsky

amy zaporetsky

Comment

A research paper? Have fun! *grins verrry evilly*

But, seriously, I'll help you.

1. Are there any specific points you need to make in your paper? If so, write them down.

2. Make an outline of your paper putting all of your points in the order you want to discuss them. If you don't know how to make an outline, ask a teacher or someone, cuz I don't feel like explaining it.

3. Find quotes in the book to support the points you make in your paper. I find this impresses the teachers. There's a specific way to write them down, but if you ask someone or find it in a book somewhere, it won't be too hard.

4. When you've finished your outline, write/type it out in sentence form. I suggest typing it, because then if you have to make corrections, you don't have to rewrite everything. This is your first draft.

5. When you've finished, ask a parent/friend/sibling to read it for you. They often find mistakes you missed.

6. Correct your mistakes and put the final touches on your report. This is your final draft.

7. Make a title page. Include your name, the title of your report, the date, and the class it's for. Not necessarily in that order, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. If it's allowed by your teacher, you can put a picture on it, too.

8. Do you need a bibliography? If so, write down all the books/web sites/other media you used to research your report. You can also do acknowledgements if you interviewed someone or if someone, say your parents, gave you information you used in your report.

That's all I can remember from the research papers I've done. Hope this helped.

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
      I will rejoice in the moonlight;
      I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
      For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

Make index cards with a quote and bibliographical info on one side and your commentary on the other. Get all the cards together and your report is almost finished!

Hillary Wan Kenobi
        The first-ever Jedi Ewok

Loyal reader of Harry Potter and Young Wizards books
        A physics geek
        And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Er... question... why is this in the Holiday forum? *is puzzled, etc*
          T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
          Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
          Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

-IV-
            Ipha
            Dai Stihò

Comment

AH! Reasearch NOOOOOOOOOOO. TAKE IT AWAY!!!!!! EVIL!!!

*Agent~M*

EVERYONE MUST READ CITY OF THE BEASTS!!!!! (I sound crazy but I don't care)
              "Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
              Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
              "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
              I lost my marbles, PLEASE HELP ME FIND THEM!!!!!!!
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

Working...
              X