Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved A Wizard Abroad, and I loved how it introduced Ronan and his friends. It was cool learning about how there were other ways for wizards to gain their own wizardry through just 'knowing' it and memory. The description was the best, and I loved reading about the Tuatha de Dannaan. (SP)
    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

I love all of them for different reasons but it took me some time to love them all. DW is my favorite and always has been just because it's the first major thing Nita and Kit do together after their ordeal and they grow so much closer throughout the course of the book. Like when Nita tells her parents she's a wizard and basically everything else that happens in the book . At first I didn't much care for HW, I liked it and all but it took me a while really appretiate it.(sorry about my spelling--not the best in the world at that) But for a while after reading it my favorite lunch was balogna and mustard sandwiches. I liked AWAb, but I hated the fact that Nita and Ronan kissed and still do, I've accepted it, i guess. I loved AWD but it was just so sad. I used to not like it for that reason but it's so well writen and amazing that I love reading it so much even if it makes me cry everytime. AWAl is always a fun one to read I just didn't like how Nita and Kit werent working together but it all worked out in the end like it always does. I really liked WH and loved how in depth it was and gave another viewpoint and culture's way of living. WAW--what can I say! And finally AWoM, I'm so excited for it, my birthday needs to hurry up and get here cause that's when it comes out!!
      Dai stiho cousins
      ~~~Ezra

Comment

The Wizard's Dilemma was my favorite book and I'm shocked that it only has one vote. I liked it, because the concept of the "playroom" is just so creative and I enjoyed how both Nita and Kit were learning new things that would eventually help them later on in their careers as Wizards.
        "But your dark Master has neither authority nor right to judge us. Therefore stand away, lackey, and keep silent in the presence of your betters."

Comment

I loved loved loved HW. The concept of traveling to other planets and accross galaxies for the first time intrigued me. It was neat how Dairine jumped right into wizardry, while Nita and Kit had at least a little bit of time to learn the ropes. I also thought DD's description of aliens and other worlds was good. Aliens aren't going to look like us. They aren't going to have eyes or noses or ears or hair, and her aliens don't have that, which is great. This makes them hard to describe, but she did one of the best jobs I've ever read of describing them without making them too Earth-like.
          "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

The chapter Truthsong was amazing in DW as well as Nita's conversation with Carl. She was basically getting permission from her parents to risk her life and, if all goes perfectly, die. Carl is advising her that she can't just not do the song without major complications for millions of other people.

WaW was also a great book. It is my second favorite. Duane loves the concept of sacrifice and in WaW, there is a lot of sacrifices made.

Bob

Comment

Working...
            X