good lone power...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good lone power...

This is about the good version of the lone power (sorry, I don't have my book and don't quite remember her name, so...)

She's basically the same as other powers, right? Eg she can dip in and out of the time stream. So if she can do that, why don't we know she exists already? Even if she's 'born' in a specific spot IN the time stream, can't she go backwards and appear wherever she wants...?

Maybe Memeki has been appearing in the past and future, but as an unnamed Power? There'd be a reason to avoid giving a name, to avoid alerting the Lone Power... except that if their knowledge of events is as non-sequential as they are, the Lone Power would have been alerted when Memeki "first" appeared, whether in the past or the future.

Ow. My head hurts.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Wow that's a long post...

From what I gathered from HW the LP was redeemed in the end, but because the Powers live outside of Time, it would take a great deal of time inside Time for the change to happen everywhere.

Memenki is supposed to be a version of the LP that has never fallen.

In other words she's like a whole diferent Power.

This might not even make sense with the last post cause I skimmed over most of it...

EDIT: Read a bit more of that post...

Evil is all relative.

For example, something that seems evil on one world could be perfectly okay on another.

Maybe there was a glitch in something the Powers created so the LP invented Death as a solution.

To the Bright Powers death would seem evil because it, in their minds, destroys what has been created. However to the LP it wouldn't seem evil. Just a solution to something even more destructive.

Also, Yes every choice matters, wether it's good or bad, yes every choice has a consequence, but you're forgetting one very important factor. Forgiveness.

Yes, the consequences of our acts will always be there, but others can choose to forgive us for what we've done.

Okay... that's all for now... my head's starting to hurt... >_<

Comment

I think a new Power was needed because even though the LP himeself was redeemed, there were still fragments of It that were lying around doing what the LP had sent them to do. That's what the wizards have to fight, like what the LP said near the end of HW, to stop him. And the new Power was there to fight off this more powerful version of the LP, and was most effective for it because Memeki basically was the LP, just never fallen.

Hmmm. I think that makes sense...
          -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

I don't really think she can. Or rather, if she can, she couldn't do it until now. the future isn't set till it happens. there was a chance they would fail. Now that she's succeeded, she may be able to go back in time and change the past, or she may not, it's hard to say. But either way, i don't think she could do it before now.
            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I might be totally off, but to me it seemed that Memiki was really the same Lone Power. The Lone Power changed his mind at one point, but there were still versions of him traveling through time that hadn't changed yet. This Lone Power will never stop because he already exists at all points in time.

Memiki, however, was a spirit literally born FROM that of The Lone Power. She lived as the Lone Power told her too, and yet deep down felt as if the thing controlling her life was wrong. In a metaphorical way, her journey literally reflected the journey of the Lone Power to come to terms with a life like one that Kit and Nita believe is right, rather than a life that the Lone Power believed is right.

It's true that they're two seperate powers, but they were originally one because the only difference is the way in which they believe everything to be connected. (Memiki = Everything interconnected Vs. The Lone Power = Everything heading toward entropy) I see them as one person who suddenly just changed their self-definition, and in doing so changed their identity.

Hence, as I put it, them being different but still the same entity.

Comment

I think there isn't good or evil. Just choices. If there are all these fragments of the lone power is there a main(I don't know how to say this.) Being or thing of him? He can't be one full power with all these other parts of him making different choices. And if there is a main part of Lp making all the main choices he would never turn 'Good' or change his choice. Some one as powerfull as the lp could never admit they are wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X