No announcement yet.

twychild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yEAH, i liked that too. I especially liked how it said that the identicle twins can't augument power, since it just shows you how detailed and realistic the story gets, and besides, it makes sense.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I especially liked how it said that the identicle twins can't augument power,
      Wait, I thought they could...?
      When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

Alethia said: Wait, I thought they could...?
        No, SAME EGG twins can argument power. Identical twins are too alike to do that. I think the book says they just absorb it or something.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

OH YEAH!!!
          I remember that now!
          I love how she works that stuff in.

Comment

Yeah, me two. It just makes it SO much more realistic, and it also shows how good DD is that she can work in the details without ruining the story or causing her readers to loose interest.

Comment

Originally posted by young reader:
              No, SAME EGG twins can argument power. Identical twins are too alike to do that. I think the book says they just absorb it or something.
              Uh, identical twins are same egg twins. Nguyet and Tuyet must be fraternal twins, from two different eggs, as they're different genders.

I don't think I have any comments about the twins, as I posted twice here already.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

That's what I took it to mean. :-)

Comment

you're right. It's two egg twins. Sorry. My mistake, guess i remembered it wrong. Thanks for correcting me pm!

Comment

Following some confusion in chat, I'll quote from p 503 of WAW.
                    <span class="ev_code_blue">"Nguyet," she [Nita] said, "aren't there some other pairs of twins up here? You could increase the power feed to this even more --"
                    "Won't work," Nguyet said. "We've got three pairs of identical twins, but if identicals try to bounce a spell back and forth between them, it just cancels out. Only two-egg twins are far enough out of phase to keep the spell from canceling and close enough to make it augment. You ready?"</span>

Just curious: has everyone checked DD's "paper dolls" topic, which included pictures of Nguyet and Tuyet as "teasers" for WAW?
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                    X