No announcement yet.

Nitpicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some comments (and even nitpicking ) about the above discussion, as well as some further (nitpicky) discussion of the physics and astronomy of WAW:

First, just to be completely <STRIKE>correct</STRIKE> pedantic, the standard terminology for the white-dwarf-accretion supernova that Moeen mentioned in his first post is a Roman numeral 'I' and a lower-case 'a' (i.e., 'Ia', not '1A'). Also, to be really picky, 'Type' should be capitalized (as in "Type Ia supernovae").

Some more substantive points about Moeen's presentation of dark matter and energy:

While the cosmological evidence for dark matter is compelling, it is not the only&mdash;or even the first&mdash;astronomical arena in which observations required dark matter (or modifications of gravity leading to dark matter-like effects): Dark matter made its first appearance as the 'missing mass' required for galaxy clusters to remain bound, and then in the dark matter halos needed to explain the observed flat rotation curves (of galaxies as close to home as our own Milky Way).

Also, it is not simply the expansion of the universe that requires dark energy, but the accelerated expansion&mdash;the simple expansion has been well-understood since Edwin Hubble first observed the cosmological redshift in 1929 (Vesto Slipher's observations significantly pre-date Hubble's, but the effect only received widespread attention after Hubble's announcement). Indeed, the expansion of the universe is regarded as the most sweeping&mdash;and astonishing&mdash;prediction of general relativity, although Einstein just was too afraid to make it (back in 1917), and thus go against the widespread philosophical prejudice of the time (which he shared) that the universe was static (and had no beginning). In addition, the observational cosmologists who discovered the accelerated expansion (in 1999) were able to do so only after observing many Type Ia supernovae&mdash;no one would have believed them if they had based their conclusions solely on one supernova! (It could have so easily been something anomalous&mdash;they have enough trouble with fellow astronomers worrying about changes in the luminosity of their putative "standard candles", or other possible scenarios with no acceleration.)

Nevertheless, I concur that DD's use of the term dark matter in WAW is highly suspect, and even misleading. However, I am not so concerned with its connexion (or even possible confusion) with dark energy, or even its altering of physics (having offered some possible scenarios for how this could work using known&mdash;albeit sometimes speculative&mdash;physics in other topics that have seem to have recently disappeared! *) as with its appearance and (presumed) internal structure. First, while the term "dark" may suggest otherwise to some people, the raison d'&ecirc;tre of dark matter is not only to supply curvature of spacetime without emitting light, but that also not to absorb light, at least not significantly. Indeed, by my understanding, the nonbaryonic dark matter that Big Bang nucleosynthesis requires cannot couple strongly (if at all) to electromagnetic radiation (and thus cannot absorb it strongly, if at all). This means that the dark matter in WAW should not obscure the stars, as it is seen to do in several scenes (most notably the climactic scene on the Moon). In addition, so-called particle dark matter (on which DD's 'dark matter' appears to be based) is indeed elementary particles, and thus should not be destroyed by being heated&mdash;even violently&mdash;as it is in Roshaun & Dairine's solution (albeit incompletely). It may be possible that its 'dark energy' effects could be denatured by heat, if they are solely provided by its structure above the level of elementary particles&mdash;there doesn't appear to be any 'no-go' theorem that prevents matter from having negative pressure due to its structure (particularly if it is constituted of unusual particles), but I can't claim anything even approaching a comprehensive knowledge of known results in statistical mechanics, so there might be. (However, 'dark energy' is usually thought of being some new field and not a complex form of matter at all, though so little is known about it that these models are mostly in the form of simplifying assumptions.) Moreover, it is not clear (apologies for the unintentional pun) that heating most matter would make it (more) transparent (particularly if it made it undergo a phase transition; for instance, steam is far more opaque than is water)&mdash;it certainly would not remove its effects on the curvature of spacetime, by conservation of energy (and, indeed, would increase its temperature, and hence energy, making it curve spacetime more than it did previously, albeit by most likely a miniscule amount); however, this heating could lessen its effects by decreasing its energy density, if it caused the matter to expand greatly, which seems quite likely (and would also increase the matter's transparency).

Back soon after the first one or two WAW excerpts had been put up on YW.net, DD posted, in response to Selden, several possibilities for what could be going on with the (then) putative problems with a possible confusion between dark matter and energy in WAW&mdash;unfortunately, she did this in the more recent "The New Excerpt!" thread in the "Wizards at War" section of the forums, which has since been culled, and I have only a rather hazy memory of what she said, though I think that it might have been highly pertinent to this, in retrospect: I recall her mentioning three possibilities of what could be going on with the supposed confusion between dark matter and dark energy, one of which was that they were "'placeholders'" pending her visit to CERN (she mentioned some frequent time interval on which she made these visits, but I can't recall it exactly); I think that another one was that it was a "'deliberate error'" that would be clarified as the book progressed, but I cannot recall the third, and&mdash;I believe&mdash;most apropos possibility. Does anyone else have a better memory of these? (Or, better yet, saved DD's post for some reason?)
    Originally posted by Moeen:
    So, if a cosmologist were to read this book for fun, he or she would be in for a bit of a surprise.
    put it, "Cosmology and particle physics are now joined at the hip". (In fact, as I realize when looking up the link for the DD reference, her mention of this was in response to a question from Moeen in the July 30th 2005 chat&mdash;these fans include several at Fermilab and CERN, as revealed in DD's answer to my question about Roshaun's T-shirt in the first [and so far only] Q&A WizCast, of July 28th, 2005&mdash;indeed, she mentions there [in answer to my question] that "the physics and science communities [as a whole] are very strongly represented among YW fans".)
    Increasing mass doesn't mean you have increasing volume, as black holes can attest to.
    Using black holes for this example is slightly fraught with difficulty, as most people would think of a black hole's volume as being that of the space enclosed by its event horizon (and the radius of the event horizon increases with&mdash;indeed is proportional to&mdash;the black hole's mass, and the enclosed volume increases as well, proportionally to the cube of the radius, even taking into account the fact that space[time] is curved inside a black hole&mdash;this just changes the constant of proportionality for a Schwarzschild [i.e., uncharged, non-rotating] black hole from its flat-space value). However, you were presumably thinking of the (classically) zero-volume singularity at the centre of the black hole, or even just that the Schwarzschild radius for a given mass is much less than the radius of a star of the same mass (e.g., a 1 solar mass black hole is much smaller than the Sun). Nevertheless, it's probably cleaner (and clearer) to use white dwarfs for this example: They exhibit an inverse relation between mass and volume and have no ambiguity in how to define their volume. (And, of course, they also have much smaller volumes than an ordinary [non-degenerate] star of the same mass.)
    However, I think DD's main point is that introducing dark stuff could alter how physics works slightly and make wizardry harder to implement. She could get away with this if dark matter or dark energy does change how you do physics locally, but I'm not sure if that's really true.
    As mentioned above, I offered several (very rough) proposals elsewhere for how dark matter and energy could be connected, as well as how they could influence physics, based on current speculative ideas as to possible explanations of dark matter and energy that involve (large) extra dimensions and some concepts from string theory&mdash;these seem particularly apropos in the YW universe, as they form a significant part of its 'canonical science'. (I can supply further details [in the form of a re-post] if there is interest.) However, I know of no reason, a priori, why either dark matter or dark energy would have to modify physics, beyond the effects on spacetime that their very natures require, though their unknown status leaves abundant room for such possibilities.

To move to some other topics: First, I am not particularly bothered by the lack of accuracy concerning the gem's "re-attuned" colour, particularly as the perception of colour seems to be highly subjective; moreover, I have argued elsewhere that one sometimes has to look beyond purely physical concerns when dealing with wizardry, so I concur with Evangelion's supposition that it is the perceived ('cultural') colour that is pertinent here, and is most effective in indicating the blue-ward shift in the blackbody peak of the star to which it is attuned (from that of G5-K0 III-IV Thahit, with a peak somewhere from ~5090&ndash;~6560 &Aring;, probably around ~5590 &Aring;&mdash;ranging from the cyan edge of green to well into red, with the 'probable value' [which, by the way, is very rough] near the yellow edge of green, corresponding to [photospheric] temperatures from ~5700&ndash;~4420 K, probably around ~5180 K ** to G2 V Sol, with its [photospheric] temperature of ~5770 K corresponding to a peak at ~5030 &Aring;&mdash;near the cyan edge of the green portion of the spectrum [!]). (There are some interesting sites related to the Sun's 'true' colour [without atmospheric interference] here and here
    You bring up an interesting point though. If doing wizardry involves being able to descibe something exactly, and can include such things as white holes or black holes, don't wizards then have answers to all of the physicists questions? The Speech, in the YW universe, after all is capable of describing anything, which means it should be able to transcend even mathematical models of the universe (which is what physics is all about really). The Speech should then provide also the ultimate form of mathematics. This then begs the question, what are wizards in the YW universe waiting for? Anyone of them could become more famous than even Einstein and solve pretty much all scientific problems!
    I think that there are quite a few points in play here, most of which argue against a wizard's choosing to publish scientific results inspired or influenced by her or his experience with wizardry: First, while there are probably some wizards in academia (and we could argue that, perhaps, those scientists who have been the most visionary have been influenced, probably subconsciously, by what they have learned during Errantry), those who are not would most likely have a hard time getting any putative papers accepted in journals, particularly any proposing the no doubt large number of highly radical paradigm shifts that the significantly deeper understanding of the universe wizardry provides would require. (This would be difficult enough for an academic with an established record of insightful, though uncontroversial, papers.) Second, very few (if any!) of these results would be original to the author, who would thus be bound to cite the original discoverers, which leads to great difficulty in our current state of affairs&mdash;do we just cite other wizards (or scientists) who came up with these results (which is problematic enough, considering that the great majority of the discoverers are doubtless alien), or do we go all the way back to the Powers? Thirdly, if we assume that wizards know (or can easily find out) the truly fundamental laws of the universe, would a wizard necessarily find it stimulating to work on these problems (which would be, to the serious research wizard, probably trivial), and have to go to all the trouble of figuring out a way of explaining them to the general public without raising suspicions (as to where, for instance, the experimental impetus for various theoretical steps came from, even disregarding the issue of crediting priority)? I would say not, particularly as such a task seems greatly divorced from the primary mission with which a wizard is charged. In addition, it seems possible&mdash;even likely&mdash;that a much deeper understanding of science would need computing powers far beyond what we have at present, leading to further problems in dissemination. (Does the Manual do quantum computing?) Moreover, it may be the consensus among wizards that the technological advances that would be made possible by such scientific advances would be, at the present time, more likely to cause harm to Earth than help it (perhaps even in the fields of medicine, climate change, ecology and both environmental remediation and the prevention of further environmental degradation, where I think that several wizards guiding scientific research could do the most good for the planet and its inhabitants), perhaps most obviously if they had an immediate application to highly destructive weaponry (something of a science fiction clich&eacute;, I realize, but cf. TVTQ/OHMWS). Also, and perhaps most importantly, I doubt that the assumption in the third point above is necessarily a good one, for deducing a compelling framework for the physical laws in the universe may very well be a far from easy task, even for a theoretical wizard, particularly given what is implied in Carl's comparison of the universe to a balky dishwasher in WAW. (And, as I posit in a post in preparation for the "Wizard [sic] Holiday Horizon Level" topic in the "Nitpickery" section of the forums, it is possible that most wizards may have at least part of the 'nitty-gritty' of the science behind their spells handled by the Manual.)

* I present my thoughts on this in extenso here. The threads in question were the newer "The New Excerpt!" thread in the "Wizards at War" section of the forums and the "elevens" thread in "The 'Feline Wizards' Novels" section of the forums.

** Data from Bailer-Jones (chap. 6, p. 181). I assume that Thahit is a giant or subgiant (luminosity classes III & IV, respectively), since, according to the Concordance, it is not a dwarf (luminosity class V), and is somewhat larger than the Sun. I also use the largest possible range of temperatures (and thus spectral maxima).

Edited to fix the luminosity class for giants (previously "V", an obvious typo), to correct some grammatical errors and clarify the exposition (still, I fear, rather convoluted in places) in the final paragraph, and to give the reference for where the strong force comes up in WAW.

Edited again (much later) to remove two unnecessary repetitions.
    Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

o_0 Wow, this became one big scientific discussion. And, as I'm only in 9th grade, I can't keep up.
      *leaves to take some tylenol*
      Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly- Neil Gaiman

Comment

Nathan, you never fail to <STRIKE>diasppoint. </STRIKE> Snap. Meant to say impress there. gah. *pokes self*

And even though my brain's feeling a bit wonky now, that was awesome.

*to comment upon the bit that doesn't make my brain feel wonky* There is also the point that wizards in research could not be very interested in getting published on earth. There are probably some much more expansive and prestigious venues to be working in than just those of a wee little self-concerned planet out here in the sticks of the universe (ish). The major research wizards are probably much more focused on the big projects (i.e.- the dark matter). As to Nathan's reference to wizards in acadamia, they may only be there to help guide us along and insert random bits of knowledge only when we're ready for them.
        PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
        Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

You know, despite beliefs to the contrary, sometimes, little things like this really aren't done for a reason. Not that any author will admit if of course. sometimes they change because the auther realizes they've backed themselves into a corner and need to change something, and sometimes they just make a mistake. If you insist on nitpicking the story, i've got something for you: the second haiku in wizard at war, wasn't a haiku at all. it only had four sylibols! the line was:
          a world of dew. That's only four!
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

young reader: "world" can be pronounced as two syllables (at least according to Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary: /'wɚ( &middot;ə )ld/ in IPA [but see particularly the entry and brief chart for the IPA vis-&agrave;-vis English; also, take this with caveats, as it's my own transliteration {if that's even the correct term} from the Merriam-Webster system, in which it is \'wər( -ə )ld\&mdash;I refuse to follow the online version in using an ampersand for a schwa, particularly as the printed dictionary I consulted uses the proper symbol]), and here would be 'poetically forced' * into that pronunciation. (I have only seen the two-syllable pronunciation given as a possibility in the above dictionary and Merriam-Webster's online dictionary, but presume that it is standard with certain accents. &dagger; )

Also, while you might not have been commenting on those, many of the nits I, at least, was picking at were of a purely scientific nature, and not related to "writing oneself into a corner", at least not as far as self-consistency is concerned. (However, what might have happened is that DD, based upon a somewhat sketchy grasp of some bit of science, develops a portion of a book, either a 'throwaway' reference, or as a more integral part of the plot, and then either failed to check that what she had written is actually scientifically correct or found out that it is not and then feels that it is so integral to the book [or not a large enough matter to worry about] that she leaves it as it is&mdash;deliberately wrong [cf. my memory of DD's comments about dark matter/energy in WAW presented above]).

Caitlin: You're absolutely right about Earth not being a particularly prestigious publishing venue for the research wizard; however, I'm not sure that that is even asking the right question&mdash;as I meant to mention in that portion of my previous post (as you might have guessed, it was written the most quickly; I think that it definitely shows), I don't think that research wizards are particularly concerned about being published, particularly as any results of note are probably disseminated via the Manual (cf. Callahan's Unfavourable Instigation). Moreover, if A. R. Davidson is at all typical as regards the attitude of research wizards to 'fame and fortune' (or at least fame), most (if not all) research wizards would prefer to work on interesting cutting-edge problems, perhaps thus gaining a reputation throughout the Universe, as opposed to simply becoming celebrities and being f&ecirc;ted on Earth. (Some of this is adumbrated in your comment.) However, I'm not sure if there are major research institutes for wizards (certainly A. R. Davidson was happy to be consulted at his farm), though I'm sure that there are major ones for the jet (warp drive?)-set alien scientists scattered around the Universe and some of the less reclusive theoretical wizards could conceivably visit them to collaborate with alien scientists (and thus get published as co-authors in, say, the intergalactic version of Nature). (I am now having thoughts of the Crossings sponsoring a string engineering conference, and other such amusing scenarios. This then sets me wondering as to what the scientific lingua franca of the galaxy is, for those alien scientists living in sevarfrith worlds who are not wizards and thus don't know the Speech [otherwise we have problems with peer review, if such a thing even exists at this level and there's not simply some intergalactic version of arXiv, though even this currently entails a modicum of content supervision]. Also, perhaps the most interesting question is whether all the scientists in an astahfrith society would be wizards. I think not, but it seems that nonwizardly scientists could be at such a serious disadvantage that they might not choose to pursue science&mdash;contrariwise, however, not all wizards would wish to be scientists, and, indeed, wizards are, as a group, charged with a rather different mission [though not one that excludes scientific research]. However, the Rirhait may show that, for a sufficiently advanced society, there is actually not a significant bonus to being a wizard in scientific&mdash;or at least engineering&mdash;endeavours. Certainly, the Stationmaster does not view Sker'ret's wizardly status positively.)

Also, you shouldn't worry about any possible misconceptions of your original problem with multiple negatives in your compliment&mdash;I originally took it with the intended meaning, reading it (obviously not too closely) as a litotic (< DD >Is that a word? Well, it is now.< /DD >) compliment. But providing an insightful response to one of my posts is perhaps the highest compliment that a fellow member can pay me&mdash;I often fear that my contributions to the forums may prove <STRIKE>somewhat</STRIKE> highly impenetrable (or at least formidable) due to their often <STRIKE>mildly</STRIKE> very abstruse content and my rarely straightforward prose style, which I fear leaves much to be desired in terms of readability, particularly if I don't edit it sufficiently. (Indeed, I tend far too much towards an unholy amalgam of German academic and discursive literary styles, with a smattering of experimental poetry and a Flaubertian concern for le mot juste thrown in for good measure, all aided and abetted by a decided tendency to cram as much as possible into one sentence [or paragraph], <STRIKE>(over)using</STRIKE> abusing punctuation as necessary &Dagger;&mdash;I hope that I avoid too many actual run-on sentences, though my propensities in this regard are probably best indicated by the fact that E. R. Eddison hated to see one of his sentences end &sect;, and I find many of his sentences to be quite short and easily digestible compared to my own [though this is probably simply an indication that he is a far better prose stylist than I am]. All of this, along with general perfectionist tendencies [as well as more pressing obligations], is a primary reason why I am often so slow in replying to posts.) In addition, the fact that I often reply a long time after the initial discussion has lapsed of its own accord is doubtless another reason why many of my posts are not replied to as fully as I might hope.

The preceding paragraph appears to have devolved into a lengthy and discursive apologia for my stylistic idiosyncrasies and shortcomings, which I probably should not have burdened you with; but I've already typed and posted it, so there it shall stay.

* There is doubtless a technical term for this, possibly even one I knew at one time, but I can't dredge anything applicable out of the inner recesses of my brain at the moment. A prime example of this (but perhaps too severe and widespread to even properly be considered of the same type&mdash;for all I know, it may be sui generis) would be the pronunciation of "Juan" to rhyme with "new one" in Byron's Don Juan.

&dagger; The attentions of a linguist are what we chiefly need... (Oops! Starting to sail off into The Walrus and the Carpenter) ...need here, and I think that we may have a few who visit the forums, albeit infrequently (e.g., Eavan Moore).

&Dagger; I sometimes think that my flow (and possibly readability) might be aided by a less sparing use of footnotes, but fear that that would just lead to the undesirable outcome of the footnotes being longer than the body of the text. It is also common family opinion that many (if not all) of my worst stylistic instincts were influenced by studying Latin and reading a fair amount of somewhat early British literature (for instance, the long Miltonian periods [and Milton's English, which is, as somebody pointed out, really Latin {I can't find a reference for this either&mdash;I should probably start making note of these quotes somewhere}] reinforced the influence of the Romans quite nicely)&mdash;it's probably just as well that I haven't gotten around to Sterne yet... (The nested parentheses can probably be blamed at least in part on my early computer programming experience.)

&sect; I can't unearth my source for this at the moment, so the attribution must be considered slightly suspect.

Edited to add the apology for my apologia as well as to fix the slashes used for the IPA transcription (different from those for the Merriam-Webster!), unify the introduction of otherwise unnecessary spaces that Groupee's overzealous rendering of certain character combinations as emoticons requires, change one set of parentheses to brackets, as nesting rules require, and use more compact footnote symbols.

Edited again (much later) to remove yet another anomalous emoticon and insert a much-needed comma into the above edit summary.
            Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

Well, where to begin...

Nathan, I'm guessing you're an undergrad. Where do you get time to write these long posts? I can barely get time to stop by the forums. The only reason I'm here now is because I had a week off for spring break.

Of course, I am grateful for the long and detailed replies. It seems like you've been preparing these replies for quite some time. You are right, however, that your writing style could use some improvement.

Well, it took me at least an hour to read all that, and I'm afraid my reply won't be nearly as long. (Perhaps that isn't such a bad thing as "brevity is the sould of wit" [from Hamlet I believe], good advice Nathan ).

First of all, thanks for the clarifications of the concepts of dark matter, dark energy, and related stuff in cosmology. I must admit, cosmology and particle physics aren't my usual cup of tea (I'm more of a math person), and you have gotten more technical than I expected anyone on the boards to get, so I can't really correct or otherwise confirm what you're saying, but it seems right. Yes, I was thinking of the Schwarzschild radius of a black hole (I personally don't think zero-volume black holes are possible, but that's just my opinion, and I don't know if there is any evidence one way or another for such objects), but you're right, white dwarfs are probably a better example.

As for Callahan's Unfavorable Instigation, it's been awhile since I read the book, and I don't remember enough of the details to be aware of any problems in its physics. When I have more time, perhaps I'll reread it and then post something here.

As for wizards becoming famous scientists on Earth, the issues you and Caitlin brought up are ones that I had not thought of at the time. While it is certainly conceivable that a wizard could use their deeper understanding to become more famous, and get away with it to a certain extent, chances are the ideas aren't going to be original, so it would be somewhat dishonest to do so. (I'm not convinced that unconventional ideas would have trouble getting publish as long as the ideas are well supported.) It does seem likely that working with other wizards would be more fruitful. It is certainly conceivable that the Manual could serve as an outlet for wizards doing research in The Art. For example, as the Plane Gazetteer keeps wizards up to date on the conditions of various planets, it's possible another section of the manual could do the same for the latest research in wizardry. Peer review might possibly be done by some of the Powers themselves in this case. Nevertheless, it seems wizards do use their skill to help clean up the environment, so it's not inconceivable that some wizards who are scientists might try to use their wizardry to help the general people by secretly using it to make tools or come up with inventions. As for non-wizard scientists in a astahfrith society, it does seem likely that they could be at a serious disadvantage, but in those cases, the Speech seems to be accessible to everyone. So, even if a non-wizard scientist cannot use the Speech, since he or she (or it, or they!) can understand it, I'd imagine it would limit the advantages of the wizardly scientist somewhat.

As for the haiku, well, if we do take the word 'world' as having two syllables, then we run into trouble with the last line of the haiku, namely, "A world of struggle", which would then have six syllables. So, looks like you can't have your cake and eat it this time. Personally, I find the use of haikus in English to be a bit off. I mean, a haiku is poetry form developed for the Japanese language (where I believe words are often one syllable, but I'm not too sure [I know this is the case with some Chinese languages such as Mandarin and Fujinese and probably several other languages of eastern China, but even though the Japanese language does borrow some things from the Chinese languages, the two types are very distinct]), so there's bound to be some problems with applying it to English. Nevertheless, I think DD does a very good job with her haikus in general.

Jennifu: You're certainly right that DD could still technically get away with everything given that she did refer to the dark matter that was taking over as a 'perversion' of actual dark matter. Nevertheless, it might be a bit misleading and give the wrong impression of what dark matter really is, and I think there's nothing wrong with a bit of clarification.

Young reader: It's true that very little of this nitpicking has anything to do with consistency in the storyline (which is a good thing), and perhaps we have taken this nitpicking a bit over the top, but I think it's fun. In any case, I'm certainly not discouraging DD from using physics, far from it. In fact, one of the positive aspects of this series is that it does get the reader to think about such things. The fact that we are even having this discussion attests to it, and I hope everyone who has been following it got something out of it. I'm sure I have.

In any case, this post has gone on far longer than I expected (Nathan, look what you did!), so I'll end with a quote, something Fibonacci once wrote at the end of a letter he send to friend: "I would've written a shorter letter if I had more time." *

*Unfortunately I don't have a completely reliable source for this, as it was a story one of my HS teachers told me, but it'll have to do.
              ---------------------------
              "The law of entropy is just a complicated way of explaining why some things don't happen very often."
              -Norman Christ, Professor of Physics, Columbia University (Does the Lone One know this? :P)

Comment

Working...
              X