No announcement yet.

Roshaun/Timeheart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new book comes out in the fall. (Maybe, if we are lucky.)
    Uh-oh. I just realised. I will be in Denmark then! I'll have to order the book online! Yuck.
    I had the feeling that it was a copy of time heart. And since he's not there, he might still be alive. Any ideas as to where he is?
    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

Any ideas as to where he is?
      probably stuck inside a sun...it could be an alternate reality, unknown to us, but what would be the point of that? the sun's the only thing that really makes sense...
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Would be intresting if there was 'people' or a community of energy type beings in the sun etc and thats where he is. I doubt it somehow though.
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I was thinking that he was stuck in Japan. Don't ask me why. I think he would like it in Japan. Lots of tea. It's pretty there, too.
          I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

It can be pretty, but it can be ugly too.

I haven't seen him here. If he were here I'm sure he would end up on TV eating all sorts of weird food and sitting under waterfalls (because that's what interesting foreigners do here).

But more to the point, why do you think he would disappear in the middle of a big wizardry, leave the whole world in danger, and run off to drink tea in Japan? I mean, he's rude at times but I don't think he would go that far.

Comment

My dad lived in Japan for a couple of years. I've never been there. I liked the pictures that he showed me and all the reall yfunny things that happened to him, like the time he played a REALLY stupid tourist in a commercial in exchange for the producers to take him out to lunch.

Comment

ok, all yall. I have gone over that section of the book, (the part of Roshans Timeheart) and the book said somthing was not FINISHED. As in...His DEATH. We know that this is possible becauseof how Nita's mom's Timeheart was already in existance when SHE was not dead. So, yah. Just wanted to clear that up.
                Need help with homework, E-Mail me @ elizabeth1ofengland@yahoo.com I am ALWAYS bored!! Or, if u want a brief lesson on Tudor era Monarchy.

Comment

not neccesarily! she could have been in the wrong place, it could have meant something else...i'd like to think that he isn't dead, but i don't think we can use that as conclusive evidence. (besides, arthur's aren't perfect! it wouldn't be the first time an arthur left a hint for one thing, not realizing it actually SAID something else, i'm sure.) just thought i should point that out in case it turns out he IS dead, since then any celebrations would suddenly take a turn for the worse...*Still hopes and thinks he's alive though*
                  I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I always had the impression that a persons particular part of Timeheart was "built" as a person lived and changed in reflection to that person. Like, the portal to Dai's corner of Timeheart would be a relatively new addition to his own; but that overall Timeheart was an endless place where you could be as far ir as close to others as you wanted or needed to be at any particular moment. I think the books said/hinted as much, really.

Anyway, in that view, I was left with the impression that Roshaun didn't die (or die completely, although whether or not his physical body is still living is still up for questioning) and his lack of presence in his own Timeheart -whether it was a virtual copy or not- was a strong indication that we'll be seeing him again soon, and possibly as a major sub-plot to the next novel. At least, I think it will definitely be a strong focus for Dairine for a while.
                    <hr color="gray" width="25%" align="left" size=1>
                    Earthbound- http://www.iridiansea.net/earthbound

Comment

*drools while trying to make head and talil of what was just said*

wellllllll, I am going to be a little sad if rashaun is dead. I am going to be furious if they turn him into a jesus/messiah figure. you know, he's dead, now he's not dead, now he's going to save everything. That's the most boring plotline in the world.

I mean, norse mythology ios so much beter! *goes to prepare for Ragnrok* *yells and stampedes in a circle* RAGNROK! RAGNROK! RAGNROK!

Comment

As I understood the Timeheart scene, Roshaun wasn't there, and Dairine interpreted this as him not being dead, just, misplaced (wrong word, I know) or similar.
                        It's not like any scene in another book I have read, where any sub-character dies and the friend/love/sibling is in tears.

And, Rubywolf, if he is dead, I honest doubt that he will come back, but since [to my mind] he is not as dead as he could be [that sounds weird] he will be back[am I making sence to anyone?]
                        -there is no body, he isn't in Timeheart and his death is quite unclimatic [frowns at usage of non-English]
                        As a sci-fi/fantasy young adult sceries goes, there hasn't been a lot of death, but [for example] when Ed died, he was definetly dead, the same with Nita's mother.
                        If DD is going to be all mysterious about Roshaun's death, then all ye who loveth Roshaun shall bloomin well make the best of it

[looks back her last line, and shruggs, confused]

Anyway, thats just my opinion.
                        “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                        -Groucho Marx

Comment

Well, a little cliffhanger was left as far ask knowing where Roshaun is, but I think that Roshaun was just placed somewhere else. I thought it was completely original how she melded Dairine's world and Roshaun's adn that makes me wonder about how close he really was to Dairine.

Did Roshaun consider Earth to be almost like a second home? Dairine is definitely going to become a part of Wellakh considering that she's gonna need to learn techniques to handle the sun. I loved how DD wrote that the stone became attuned to us, and that just adds more wonder about Dairine and Roshaun. Is DD mentioning anything about them in A Wizard of Mars?
                          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

well considering the place is HUGE, and you only seem to go there when your lucky instead of when you want to, its not that far fetched.
                            There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

Working...
                            X