Roshaun/Timeheart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roshaun/Timeheart

In one of the last scenes, Dairine goes to Timeheart (or at least a virtual copy of it). It seems a little... um.... convinient? (for lack of a better word). If wizards could go to Timeheart anytime to see dead friends and loved ones, wouldn't Timeheart/Virtual copy be overflowing with wizards? Is Dairine really the only one able to do this? (Is she ceating death/ or worse, the Powers That Be?)
    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Nita's done it twice, in SYWTBAW and TWD before her mother died. So it certainly isn't just Dairine. But one book has Tom or Carl say they don't get time any more to go there, so I suppose that's why it's not overflowing.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

But there are so many young wizards who don't really have a lack of time. The place certantly sounded lonesome in WAW. Also, do only wizrds go to Timeheart? I would think that Nita's mom would be. I wonder if Nita will get time to go to Timeheart in books to come.
      I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

I don't think that it is lonesome. Yes, I do believe that Roshaun's portion of Timeheart would be lonesome, but all of Timeheart is not. Timeheart is a big place, you see. Roshaun just has a little corner of it. Think about his planet: he and his family are the only wizards on Wellakh (and it's not a particularly well-known planet), and if only wizards go to Timeheart, then no one from his planet would be there, except his ancestors, and it's not like there are huge crowds of them. Roshaun also doesn't have a huge number of wizardy friends who know about what happened to him. So, if his family is not there, and he doesn't have any friends who would visit his portion of Timeheart (except Dairine) then it makes sense to me that it would be empty. Dairine is basically his only close wizard friend who would visit him.

Also, it reads better for Dairine to go there and have his area be empty, rather than for her to meet his great-great-great uncle Joe or something who has been hanging around for a hundred years. It is a book, after all, and it should fit the mood. Meeting all Roshaun's relatives just wouldn't fit the mood at that point in the book.

Comment

Who says there aren't? i mean, if time heart goes back as far as it should, there HAS to be a lot of his relatives there...he may not know them, but still, that doesn't mean they won't get along. weather or not he actually spends any time with them...
          of course, as far as i'm concerned he's not in time heart, so...
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Just a side note: I looked up 'errentry' in the dictionary and it read: n. the condition or behavior of a knight-errant; spirit or deads of chivalry

anyway...
            It's sad to think about Dairine being the closest friend that Roshaun has. Also, his death was kinda... bleak? non-climatic? Yeah, non-climatic. I doubt all of the wizards there noticed it. I mean, he was there, his hair moving by itself and him floating, and then he was Not. No big boom or flash of light that made everyone quake with fear and squint really, really hard. At first, I wasn't even sure that he was dead (that's DD for you. She makes you turn the page!) Of course Dairine noticed, and the other main characters, but what about all the other wizards? Oh well, I guess that I was hoping for a huge climax. (Oh, I really enjoyed Kit finding out that his dog thought of him as a child. Remember the comment about the kiddie version of the choice? A slap in the face to Kit would not have been any funnier.)

Comment

I would imagine that Timeheart does not have a fixed physical dimension like our universe does. Timeheart can be as big or as small as it needs to be. All of Roshaun's dead relatives can be there in the Timeheart version of his palace, and yet Roshaun could still be there alone if he wanted to be.

Comment

i'm sure Roshaun would have wanted to see dairine. Someone said that it might be because that Roshaun wasn't dead, so that he wasn't dead. Me? IDK.

Comment

I agree, it could be done like that...in fact, it probably is, since timeheart would contort to fit what you needed most likely, due to its nature.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

That might be. i just thought of something. Maybe Rashaun did just want to be alone. He's always with people. Even at home, he has the entire population's eyes on him.

Comment

I think Roshaun isn't dead personally... I dunno... I could be completely wrong but I just think she wouldn't want to kill a character like that off. And I think the timeheart explanation is probably correct, that it can change, and that it's not a fixed physical space, because I imagined it to be like heaven actually.
                      sehlinger
                      -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

i could see roshaun hiding to be alone from anyone else, but from dairine? i can't see THAT. unless he didn't know it was darine...but that's an awful lot of detail to put in there, if we're never going to see him again in order to find out. So at the very least, we SHOULD see him again.

Comment

Oh, I'm sure we'll see him again, whether in Timeheart, Virtual Copy Timeheart, or in life.
                          *gasps*
                          Just thought of this. it's completely far fetched, but it could betrue. Perhaps Dairine's bots weren't able to copy the spirits in Timeheart when they made the virtual copy. Dairine might be so hopeless (and really stupid) to commit suicide to be with Roshaun. It would be kinda sweet, but i doubt that DD wants to go there.

Comment

My understanding was that the 'bots' timeheart was just a "waiting area" I think they said and also it was a record of everything that happens in the universe. When she went to look for him in Timeheart he was not there, meaning to me that he is not dead but somewhere else. Do we know when the next book is out yet?? I really hope its soon.
                            Fox
                            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Oh, I'm sure we'll see him again, whether in Timeheart, Virtual Copy Timeheart, or in life.
                              *gasps*
                              Just thought of this. it's completely far fetched, but it could betrue. Perhaps Dairine's bots weren't able to copy the spirits in Timeheart when they made the virtual copy. Dairine might be so hopeless (and really stupid) to commit suicide to be with Roshaun. It would be kinda sweet, but i doubt that DD wants to go there.
                              i don't think it IS a copy of time heart...more of an interception point i think. could be wrong though...

Comment

Working...
                              X