No announcement yet.

Ten favourite lines revisited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys! I was re-reading W@W again, and I found another funny quote, so here it is:

p.530 (paraphrasing, since I don't feel like adding all the "he said, she said")

"I'm lying on an effing Star Wars bedspread. Will I ever be able to look myself in the eye again? By the fact that I'm not on Rashah but apparently in suburban hell and in contact with this dubious cultural artifact, I take it we won." Ronan

It just mad me laugh...it's such a Ronan-esque type of quote...Ronan-esque? Now I really know I need to go to bed...

-seabicuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

The trancendent pig to Kit on the moon:

"But what did you expect? Your dog started making universes out of nothing. This wasn't a slight tip-off?"

I just remembered that one.
      "Go ahead! Panic! Do it now to avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!"

Comment

The whole "Dog backwards" spiel from the Trancendent Pig cracked me up. I'd post it but I don't have my book in front of me right now.

Also,

You mean we should tell her that being hot on Ronan is actually being hot on both a cranky Celto-Goth hunk and a senior Power-that-Is who spent most of the last ten years living on Earth while wearing a macaw costume?
        The scene where Nita, Kit, Ronan, Sker'ret, Filif, and Ponch are at the Crossings and Ponch is begging for blue food just cracks me up.

Pg 147:
        Ponch turned his back on him. And while I work on the scent-sorting, he said to Kit, wagging his tail, we might as well get something to eat!

"I don't know," Kit said. "Maybe it's not good for some people ti be full of food when they're supposed to be really sharp and heading out on the trail."

Ponch gave Kit a very cool look. Oh, I get it. Deprive me and I'll function better? Let's see how that works.He sat down. Hmm, I feel strangely weak... Ponch fell over on his side with his tounge handing out one side of his mouth; one eye looked pitifully at Kit. Can't ...seem to... move...

Kit looked over at Nita. "Blackmail," Kit said.
        And finally,

DATAAAAAAAAAA..........
        Edited to add the Ponch quote
        Skye

Comment

my personal favs:
          a. I'm gonna go enoble some waffles.
          b. number 3
          c. and I am going to eat... it ... all...
          d. number 5
          e. "toothpick of virtue"
          XD I was laughing so hard when I read this book. Definatly by far my favorite in the series.
          sehlinger
          And I am going to eat... it... all...
          -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

this book is without a doubt my new favorite. i was laughing so hard i was crying more than a few times. i loved how she brought carmela and her eggbeater back into the main story line. (my reaction to when carmela shows up: shocked silence, uncontrollable laughing and whooping)
            before the beginning
            after the end
            what happens to us?

Comment

My reaction to Carmela at the Crossings: Howls of laughter, interspersed with "You're JOKING!"

Actually, that's pretty much my reaction to the whole book. Esp. Ponch and the wolf that ate the moon. That was cool.
              By the way, does anyone know what 'janey mack' means? As in "Janey mack, it feels like someone's been performing Riverdance on my chest".

Merged two posts - Peter
              Bright star that was, dark star that falls, in your downward arc we greet you. Do your poor worst!

Comment

I just loved the book. ^_^ I laughed wherever there was funny stuff. I think I cried when there was sad stuff, but I can't remember. lol.

What is an advanced read copy? lol. That's what I checked out from the library.......
                "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

Originally posted by RhyanonSorenson:
                  I just loved the book. ^_^ I laughed wherever there was funny stuff. I think I cried when there was sad stuff, but I can't remember. lol.

What is an advanced read copy? lol. That's what I checked out from the library.......
                  advanced readin copies (ARCs) are what authors give to reviewers to read.
                  "Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance!" I would rather be hated for who i am than be loved for who i pretend to be!
                  "People...stop being mean to each other.
                  Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane in chat.
                  "T

Comment

those were some great quotes, especially "oops." though i would add what the lp said afterwords.
                    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Yeah, I especially liked the "Oops." I really liked all of DD's top ten, but when I read that one I practically exploded laughing. Any quote from the chocolate scene in the Crossings gets a tie for second place. As a lot of people have already quoted...

"And I am going to eat... it... all."
                      -------------------
                      "I found the pieces in my hand/They were always there/It just took some time for me to understand"

--Vertical Horizon, "I'm Still Here"

Comment

Like the state of my fingers is going to matter if the world comes to an end.
                        Dairine.

Or something like that. I can't remember. it was a fave though
                        the most amazing band in the world... The Science of Sleep... www.myspace.com/thescienceofsleepar

Comment

These are my personal favourites....

"That's not a word!" Dairine to Spot
                          "You're asking me?" Nita to Dairine

I really like what Nita said
                          "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

Working...
                          X